test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    iridiumallyiridiumally Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This new content patch is so awesome! I get to possibly login, then if I really do I'm in a huge queue. Then after waiting about 10-15 minutes I can pick my character to play. Then, the map loads to about 94% and that's where I get the "server not responding" message and counter at the top. It goes on till I'm booted back out to the login screen. Repeat!
  • Options
    ijaylaijayla Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1230/5855.
  • Options
    chevrier233chevrier233 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ive been stuck at 1583 for a long time now.... after going through the queue twice already and getting an error at the end... :P
  • Options
    collin3366collin3366 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was able to get in, but I've been watching the Sirius Sector Block load for the last half hour... :mad: It's like paying someone to kick you in the crotch. I haven't been pleased since the Perfect World take over. It's been more like Star Trek "Inline".

TRIBBLE it, I'm going to bed and dream about cancelling my subscription. LOL
    Vice Admiral Collin Michael McNeil
    U.S.S. Alliance
    NCC-93405-C
    Odyssey Class
    No Horizons To Distant
  • Options
    evilbsg62evilbsg62 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ever watch aqua teen hunger force. cryptic = moonanintes
    ignignok and errr
    smokin cigarettes while they are flippin the bird lol
    hope they dont break out "the quad laser"
    Section 31Lane/Jeffjr/Varek @jeffjr USS Stadi/USS Grendel/USS AshigaruDreadnought Class Refit / Avenger Class Refit/Rhode Island Class Refit"With your shield or on it"/"Mors venit ad omnes."/"One with courage is a majority"https://www.youtube.com/@jeffjr84
  • Options
    canadacjcanadacj Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    855 out of 6183.... I always thought LTS didn't have to queue up. Been a LTS since beginning.... pre-ordered Legacy pack... now to wait in line. Ah well...
  • Options
    thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    Queues are funky again...

My position stays the same, but the total number is increasing.

There's a fix where if everyone from position 1 to position 4123 logs out, the queue disappears and I can log in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree It's epic

But for some reason one of my boffs was headless... and he still had his eyes... that was... disturbing :eek:
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • Options
    sinc0sinc0 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As IF the patches are NOT already gratuitous, ... so now Yea... login wait times of 30+ mins, you have scared me right off PW... so glad i didn't break out the credit card so quickly this time... you have taught me well. Oh well, leveled my cheesy klink from naught to 50 in only three days of casual play, so i still know what i'm doing.. and what not to do, which is give the entity frunning this game to dirt, another dime... L8R PWE... maybe your people needed to get a life??
  • Options
    coldicephoenixcoldicephoenix Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kevris11 wrote: »
    Hat's off for the successful launch.

I was 18,TRIBBLE out of 20,TRIBBLE for a while and am have been moving through nicely. Anybody with Netflix and a 2nd monitor, now's a good time to watch the TNG Episode "The Defector."
    that's exactly what I am doing right now my brother from another mother! :D

We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
  • Options
    reimu#1706 reimu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the que is not to bad its when you fail the character list 12 times in a row you gotta wonder :D
  • Options
    crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FINALLY Log in...then my video settings are screwed up...so I attempt to fix my settings...get booted within the first 2 min...AWESOME JOB!

HEY PERFECT WORLD, I don't know what type of servers you use but a couple grand for another one isn't a huge deal considering THE AMOUNT OF REVENUE ALL THIS TRAFFIC GETS YOU!:mad:

Lets see a Little $$ for more server = Happy costumers and more $$$$...That isn't hard to figure out! And to think, I was gonna buy Lifer and other sto stuff while its on sale....LMAO! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thratch1 wrote: »
    There's a fix where if everyone from position 1 to position 4123 logs out, the queue disappears and I can log in.

I'm not sure the queues They have set up are really able to handle the numbers of players logging-in and out...

It seems to work for a bit then goes off kilter again.

It happened on Tribble also...

I wonder if They added new queue software recently and it's the problem???
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    tali9999tali9999 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am Lifetime member and been stuck at number 562 for over 15 minutes...

How could Cryptic NOT expect that and add more servers for launch?

And THIS is onIly a Tuesday night lol.. What will it be this Saturday when people will REALLY have time to play?

By the way.. It is the second tiem i am doing the whole queue thing because the last time i got in game, i got disconnected after 5 minutes lol...

Pathetic
    :mad:
  • Options
    thumbtackjakethumbtackjake Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thratch1 wrote: »

I lawled. :)

Currently 3293 out of 6649. Been sittin' here about 10 minutes, hasn't went down at all.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I just wish I could stay in the game for longer than 4-5 minutes at a time. :(
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    nikkobrisbanenikkobrisbane Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am a LTS and Im n the qu, because its full, cant suddenly make room, we get on before Silver players so thats good enough for me, so less whingng LTS's, ur get in long before silver players do.
  • Options
    undivided9undivided9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Queue's been frozen for a bit. Went (slowly) from 19K or so down to number 255. Been stuck at 255 for about 30 minutes.

LOVE ya'lls new update, but ya kinda dropped the ball with the server... Great job otherwise :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tali9999 wrote: »

And THIS is onIly a Tuesday night lol.. What will it be this Saturday when people will REALLY have time to play?

By the way.. It is the second tiem i am doing the whole queue thing because the last time i got in game, i got disconnected after 5 minutes lol...

Pathetic

I don't believe it's the Server...

I think new software They added to handle the expected load, isn't working properly.

The same problem happened on Tribble and it seemed to pop-up for the first time, right after a new patch about a week ago...

I think that was the first time the new software was added and They still haven't managed to get all the BUGS worked out of it yet.
  • Options
    brle1950brle1950 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my borg collective keeps growing, 1787 of 7057 :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    coldicephoenixcoldicephoenix Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tali9999 wrote: »

Pathetic
    Jeez relax... I guess you never played on WoW's high population servers.. the STO queues are way waaaay better for a F2P game

We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
  • Options
    bidzarbidzar Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously? Life-time players and gold players are getting hit with a massive que load, so are the silver and other F2Ps. We paid good money for a month;y fee to play the game, and we are still gettting kicked into a que that was more than likely anticipated, yet instead of creating separate servers, all Perfect World games are running on the same server in "shards." WTF? FIX THIS Perfect World! You already took a TRIBBLE load of money from players for master keys and Legacy and Start Packs, you knew this was coming!
    Or did EA secretly take over while no one was looking to make another SimCity mistake?
  • Options
    dennizenxdennizenx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    think i might check out entropa thing ..... STO been pushing me out the door for a couple weeks now... I can take a hint... like the man said, this is a tuesday ??? I'll need new weekend plans since I'm not gonn buy no LTS or anything seeing how they get treated, who knows if the cue even works....

...plan better ;)
  • Options
    ewtasticewtastic Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic is waiting for players to stop trying to play, then the user numbers shrink to normal levels and there will be no more server issues!
  • Options
    trbblemedictrbblemedic Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sigh. I guess it's bed time. Maybe in a week things will be back to "normal".

'Goodnight':)
  • Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited May 2013
    really?
    it took me an hour to log in.. i switched character and now im 6941 out of 7059..

you guys had a long time to get better server equipment.. :(
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    dennizenxdennizenx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Damn you, Q !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

right ? :P
  • Options
    evilbsg62evilbsg62 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    me an my gf have watched a whole episode of mythbusters an half of this Investigation Discovery show and im still queued to play. an i lmao'ed to the whole EA ninja move thing lol
    Section 31Lane/Jeffjr/Varek @jeffjr USS Stadi/USS Grendel/USS AshigaruDreadnought Class Refit / Avenger Class Refit/Rhode Island Class Refit"With your shield or on it"/"Mors venit ad omnes."/"One with courage is a majority"https://www.youtube.com/@jeffjr84
  • Options
    bulabajonesbulabajones Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ewtastic wrote: »
    Cryptic is waiting for players to stop trying to play, then the user numbers shrink to normal levels and there will be no more server issues!

Obviously the best way to increase membership and thus people who may want to spend money on the game is to deliberately maintain substandard servers to force away thousands of potentially paying customers? That doesn't even make sense from a business perspective.

What I mean to say is that this is just plain incompetence. The reason there's a queue is because they still haven't invested in a better system, and they seem completely ignorant of the fact that it means less people on and less customers for them. Even if they read this post, I don't think they'd comprehend that.
    Patching 11 files, 0 KB/s
    SERVER NOT RESPONDING (362.32s)
    Patching 87 files, 160.08 KB/s

victorginsocv2_zpsjqzbzllh.png

• Options
    admiralgillisadmiralgillis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How the f--- are they going to put me in a queue when I just got in game, and they DCed me after 2 minutes?