test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    cassianncassiann Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    queeg9000 wrote: »
    May seem a strange place to ask but I am not allowed to make my own thread for some reason.

I just installed today,I'm guessing its the worst possible time to be a first time player But I do have a few questions.

Where is the server list?I don't get how its possible for 7k+ people can be trying to get on a EU server at 4-5am in the morning.Even wow does not have that many this late on a single server after an expansion.

That brings me to my second question,is there even separate EU and US etc servers even?

it's not JUST EU the servers apply to it's the whole friggin world (U.S., Canada, Asian, Middle East) which is what people are complaining about here with Cryptic and they Limited sever capacity.
  • Options
    tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    9131 of 16929

At least I'm under 10K now. Not bad for... 30-40 minutes, maybe?

Thank you for the time...

EDIT: And now it's dropping like a Stone. Under 5K in the Queue...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • Options
    darkksoul1darkksoul1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey can the queue Numbers 1-9197 please log of really quick? Thanks your sacrifice will not be forgotten
  • Options
    aichseamido5aichseamido5 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bjs1981 wrote: »
    go take your smug espresso sipping attitude elsewhere. you just betray your idiocy. "hmmm let's see how stupid i can be! i enjoy NOT being able to use the things i pay for, and then trying to pretend to show how mature i sound by telling other people to not be upset at the problem. look at me! i'm happy that i get to sit here like a moron watching a little number on a screen change instead of playing the game."

what a moron. why do i have to explain basic life principles to morons? the purpose of this forum is to let cryptic know just how unsatisfied their customers are with their product.. if everyone was happy, they would have no reason to solve the problem idiot.

they are a business here to make money. they are not your friend. they don't care about YOU unless you have some money to spend. unless you complain nothing will change. you're one of those ******* that just sits down their president executes an unarmed "suspect" with a drone attack. and then says "well, what the hell ya gunna do?"

and the reason i use certain language is because i'm smart enough to obey cryptics user policy against certain "dirty" words. because people like you can't handle when someone talks to them like a man.

I, well I'm not about to resort to calling you an idiot or anything else but I am confused. I made that post to complain about how ridiculous it is that it took 20,000 people in the queue to get a response. So I was using the forums as you think they're intended. I was saying how unsatisfied I am that I've been the same place in the queue for an hour, like most other people in this thread.

As for talking to people like a man, I have no trouble taking insults. Quite frankly if someone says something insulting to me on the internet, it really doesn't bother me.

So, in conclusion, I will keep sitting here sipping my espresso and being... well unhappy at tabbing in every five minutes to see my number not moving. Cheers.
  • Options
    cjtrekcjtrek Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is this going to be how the game is from now on? Just waiting in line? I've been playing for a year and never seen the game so full I can't log in.
  • Options
    captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voicesdark wrote: »
    Frak me..stupid enough dumbass self forgot when you switch characters you requeue. All this for a ten second thing and then back to queue for the character I actually want to play.

Time to petition Cryptic to use all money from Legacy and Starter packs to fund getting more servers?? lol 1 for the fed, 1 for the klingons, and 1 for the romulans.....sounds about right lol

One for each game sounds better, STO on one, Champions on another, and Never Winter... we can put them in a closet :P
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm doing a Verify to see if perhaps it's a crappy file before I try to login again.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    vtshadow314vtshadow314 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ohhh and dont be a fool like i was and relog thinking it MUST be a glitch.
    MY first time in que I was number 11000 something.
    DONT relog.
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As I state in my thread Welcome to Legacy of Romulus, best thing to do is get some sleep and try in the morning. The servers will get some reprieve from the load, devs will be able to resolve issues faster and you will likely find things better in the morning. As opposed to waiting hours only to end moaning in impotent rage over things you have no power over.

"A good night's rest cures more than a headache, so get some sleep!" Doc Bones
  • Options
    captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cjtrek wrote: »
    Is this going to be how the game is from now on? Just waiting a line? I've been playing for a year and never seen the game so full I can't log in.

you missed the old ques about a year before you lol.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    jsck82jsck82 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It actually seems that the queue is moving along now, down 8K in 5 minutes or so, and the load time was less laggy this time... here's hoping *knocks on wood*
  • Options
    nimue555nimue555 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nimue555 wrote: »
    My queue position changed - I was 4201 for over an hour and it now changed to 2569 - I have a hope now!

And so I got in... for a few seconds... AND THEN... ta-daaaaaa:

cfjoVdL.jpg

And now I give up - see you in a few... something, I'm thinking of months right now!
    Am I the only one really annoyed with Cryptic recently?
  • Options
    ariochddariochdd Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Queue down fast.. people is going to sleep.
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cjtrek wrote: »
    Is this going to be how the game is from now on? Just waiting a line? I've been playing for a year and never seen the game so full I can't log in.

sadly no, what will happen is the current HWare (barring breakage) will remain the same and new players will stop trying to get in and we'll be back to old pop with a new face here and there :(
  • Options
    amahcreallyamahcreally Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    queeg9000 wrote: »
    May seem a strange place to ask but I am not allowed to make my own thread for some reason.

I just installed today,I'm guessing its the worst possible time to be a first time player But I do have a few questions.

Where is the server list?I don't get how its possible for 7k+ people can be trying to get on a EU server at 4-5am in the morning.Even wow does not have that many this late on a single server after an expansion.

That brings me to my second question,is there even separate EU and US etc servers even?

There's ONE Server/server array (Holodeck) for the main game, you don't have a choice of servers to play on, and the server is US based.
  • Options
    spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Queue's up to his old tricks.
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • Options
    digtalnarcosisdigtalnarcosis Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least your patch didn't BREAK and have to redownload because it lost map files and Nimbus 3 won't load.
  • Options
    queeg9000queeg9000 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for the clarification....oook so I can expect huge amounts of lag due to high MS then I take it.
  • Options
    digtalnarcosisdigtalnarcosis Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The posts in these forums are slowing down... people must be getting in.
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,933 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im 13579 out of 15579 this que is total B.S. nice going cryptic :mad:
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    trbblemedictrbblemedic Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I forecast that in 7-14 days all these problems will disappear and we shall all forget. So never give up hope. 6947 out 9479 .
  • Options
    brle1950brle1950 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1773... brace for impact!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    khilia87khilia87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patience, people. Patience.
  • Options
    illisionedillisioned Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    -Bashes head on desk- Got into (just created a Romulan to just take a look) then went on my Starfleet Character, 8000+ Queue. -Sigh- can't win can i?
  • Options
    darkksoul1darkksoul1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wohoo Im in!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    hotkillerzhotkillerz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i got in but it logged me in to wrong person... had to ****ing requead
  • Options
    captainmalletcaptainmallet Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3928 of 20,TRIBBLE here.

Was just in and then crashed out. Then I tried again and was 6 of 15,TRIBBLE! Got in immediately, dropped two things into Zone chat, and crashed out again after adjusting power levels on my ship.

Nice preview, 3D ship preview in Inventory screen, Shift+R switches to Slipstream in Sector Space.

Also, new traits. Not sure what to do with them yet.
    spockout1 wrote: »

lol
  • Options
    legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited May 2013
    spockout1 wrote: »

I KNEW it! Damn Queue and the the whole Queue continuum! :P

:D
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • Options
    vtshadow314vtshadow314 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am afraid. Something must be going wrong here.
    I was at 20000 something in the que, I alt tab over and look and im 5295 of 7835.

I think the server is having a meltdown. :eek:
  • Options
    pompoulusspompouluss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks guys I'm in, you can stop logging off now

but seriously I'm picturing some Scotty-esque miracle working from Cryptic, kudos