test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you a F2P player or Lifetime? Lifetime have queue priority, so you probably got bumped up in the queue by LTS players if you are F2P.

ex-gold player
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My position hasen't changed but the Q size has doubled in that same time. At 16179.

Clearly no one is getting in and something is broken again
  • Options
    hotkillerzhotkillerz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Weres Q when u need him/....
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To all those who say people are just QQing and have a sense of entitlement:

You are what is called a 'customer.' When customers are not happy with the 'service' they have 'purchased,' they tend to look to the competition to fulfill their needs. Cryptic (read: PWE) can only push so far with this kind of stuff until they lose a huge portion of their paying player base. Remember it's the players that pay that keep the game alive, keep the devs fed, and line the pockets of the execs at PWE.

The fact that you are willing to pay more for less (worst product, worse service, less game time, whatever), makes me wonder less why cell phone companies, ISPs, and media companies can price gouge and stick us with terribad adhesion contracts. I guess the masses of consumers just take it like sheep and don't care.

/endrant

/endthread

ANd do you know what people in customer service say to customers who act like you're acting now?

"Yes sir, we're working on it sir."

Then walk away and roll their eyes while laughing at you for acting like an entitled pratt.

You need to calm down mate, you're going to hurt yourself, over a Star Trek game.
  • Options
    slider5634slider5634 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Think I'm going to shrink the queue a bit and log off. Hurray for patches. Oh well, I'm sure the bugs will get worked out.
  • Options
    myriatymuniokmyriatymuniok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll check back tomorrow, it's getting late..wanted to get some gaming in,I'll just make it a Star Wars night, its a pity because I really wanted to play this I even had some cool Romulan names picked out.
  • Options
    carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look at it this way: The more people join the queue, the closer your relative position to the front of it becomes. (try to think of space itself as the thing that's moving)

5170 of 16075, Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01.
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
  • Options
    twoblindmonkstwoblindmonks Member Posts: 255
    edited May 2013
    Or, you could... just have patience and try again when stuff gets fixed. Yeah, Cryptic has had like, 3 years to get this stuff working right, and yet it still doesn't. Yet YOU paid for a LTS anyway. How is that THIER fault?

What? First of all, I bought a LTS a loooong time ago. Don't assume it was purchased recently, Believe me I wish I could get alllll my money back. Secondly, when you sell a product, you actually have a duty to ensure that it lives up to a certain quality standard. Certain products that fall so far below this threshold they actually cause injury can actually incur liability on the part of the maker.

So, yeah, when someone sells a product and it turns out to be crappy, it is, in fact, their fault. When someone purchases that product over and over and over again, then yeah, it's then the purchaser's fault. That's not the case with me. I made one purchase, and im still trying to get that $/hrs of enjoyment ratio as low as possible!
    edited May 2013
    vincire wrote: »
    [Originally Posted by jakuza2 View Post
    It's time to buy a Lifetime subscription. ROTFL

Wouldn't make a difference. I've got an LTS and still sitting in a queue

That's why i told an ironic joke. :P
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ladstar2 wrote: »
    I was think about be an lift time but after this lunch I mite not go that right I have been an Gold member from the llunch I have given you about $600.00 to play an great game and on the lunch of one of your best new lunch I am stuck in an Queue , as an paying member not play with popel that are not paying and are in the game that suck in my mind

Lift time?
    Mites are bugs, not a verb.
    Where do you eat that you need a Gold membership for lunch?
    Popel sounds like a great character name.

Sorry, bit of a spelling and grammar TRIBBLE here, no offense meant.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    alecsubaalecsuba Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So does this queue ever actually advance? I got in at 248 of 299 when I logged in. Now im 248 out of over 16000.

Haven't moved a single spot. This is a disaster of epic proportions for an expansion launch.
  • Options
    kevinbbxxkevinbbxx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    4794/16275 for the last 30 minutes
    i wish the gold members were not instantly sent to the front of the queue, i will be happy if my position rises to 4793...
  • Options
    sehlatkitten01sehlatkitten01 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1720 Of 16647
  • Options
    legendarybladelegendaryblade Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL, for a game I pay to play. That's rich!

Also I'm a LTS. Silvers should be kicked from server to make room for LTS.

So that's it then. We've reached the point that human decency isn't even a consideration.

I was looking forward to this because it's my day off work, but instead of getting mad i'm just going to go to bed early and try to wake up and play before work. I suggest you all do the same.
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    like i said a couple pages ago, i did go through queue about 10 minutes ago and got into game. there are people in game, im just scared to move zones or switch to another toon, i dont wanna get queued again
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    firefox1afirefox1a Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think they might be working on a world record for longest queue. But seriously, they need to get Neverwinter off of the STO servers cause dunno about you, but I have been getting lag since Neverwinter hit open beta. 506 of 17773
  • Options
    darklocksdarklocks Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lifer...number 166 out of 16751....meh...been waiting for 15 minutes...not a biggie I guess.
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited May 2013
    i have a solution, its a crazy idea, but how about...im just putting it out there...ready?....open up new servers...whuuuut lol

Genius ... wait one gosh darned sec ... what about fleets and friends list and ... oh never mind. :)
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    twoblindmonkstwoblindmonks Member Posts: 255
    edited May 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    ANd do you know what people in customer service say to customers who act like you're acting now?

"Yes sir, we're working on it sir."

Then walk away and roll their eyes while laughing at you for acting like an entitled pratt.

You need to calm down mate, you're going to hurt yourself, over a Star Trek game.

And you know what happens to customer service reps who are caught treating customers like that? They are fired. You know what happens to companies that don't fire those reps? They go under. Market economics ftw!
    edited May 2013
    i played for 20 mins earlier then the log in issues started.
  • Options
    lean18181818lean18181818 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play this game since his beginning and i never saw or stay in the queue system before...why stupid guys says that is a silver fault? you have to thank them for the game being online until today...so say "thank you silver players" for make the game be online until today in the Legacy of Romulus instead of die in subscription season without any gold players...

We have to combat hackers and exploiters, is their fault that we are passing thru this problems...and yes, like any other program/game they are here making problems for us...if you dont beliave, go learn something about programs first to say something...

So, if you guys wanna help, make good sugestions like increase (a lot) the servers capacity, increase room for new players and etc...instead of discussing or pointing fingers to people that doesnt have any fault in a queue system...

The only thing that will help us in the moment is increasing the servers capacity, that will increase the numbers of players and fans, that will increase the money that they win, that will increase the game, that will increase the servers capacity again...its a simple solution that will make everyone happy about it...thanks.
  • Options
    ryannez94ryannez94 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think LTS people need to stop complaining about being stuck in a queue..... think about the people stuck 4000 places behind you that are not even moving in place. :mad:
    A Long Time Ago, In A Galaxy Far Far Away.....
  • Options
    sarthulesarthule Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been in position 3499 since I first tried to long in, at least an hour and a half ago. I haven't seen any change in that position. The only reason I know the program isn't completely frozen is because the total number in the queue keeps growing (Just passed 17,000). Does it just not update my place in the queue, or has nobody actually gotten in?
  • Options
    nathanhunternathanhunter Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    17,000! New High Score!
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    karrz wrote: »
    I want what I paid for, and if this is any indication of what I paid for then this game is in serious trouble. If this was a free expansion I would wait with no complaints, but it wasn't. My suggestion to you is to stop rolling over and saying basically it's all good when it's not.

But you DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING to play this expansion.

You CHOSE TO BUY the stuff you did.

And the stuff you bought IS NOT the problem right now.

It's a queue software problem, which was not included in the items you bought.

<chuckle>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    hunterpdx1hunterpdx1 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is anyone's number in the queue (who is watching these forums) actually moving? Or are we all just frozen in time as more people pile on top of us, crushing us beneath the collective weight of failed hopes and dreams?

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    danielsrevengedanielsrevenge Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My designation Borg is 5278 of 17048 :D
  • Options
    wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    macronius wrote: »
    And which other Star Trek MMO would be the competition? Exactly. :(

Heh.. At this rate, even Maple Story would be competition..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    rowenwindsongrowenwindsong Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    7315 out of 17,046 TRIBBLE....