test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    icekingofspaceicekingofspace Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why are you guys up in arms over if you paid to play a game or if you playing for free, your winy and annoying they should make you wait for that.
    In this galaxy there
  • Options
    puykonigpuykonig Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are turning us into Borg. i am 1605 of 17933
  • Options
    deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and this everyone...was cryptics solution to the issues experienced right after launch...institute a queue, fix servers? expand capacity? no said the suits, that would cost money!

give them a queue, enough will get bored waiting and leave and servers won't need to have their capacity increased...PROFIT
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • Options
    panzer52panzer52 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

As you may have seen, there is a login queue at this time due to the amount of players wanting to jump in to play. Gold members (LTS/ Monthly Sub) still have priority, per the F2P matrix, and all players are getting in after a short wait. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

A short wait... really??? being number 8,152 out of 14,252 is not a short wait and that was almost for an hour i have spent money on this game in the past but please tell me what siting in just a smaller queue for hours is suppose to do to convince me to spend money again??

I'll answer it for you since Craptic and PW have there heads so far up there own asses they haven't seen sunlight in months.. nothing..not one thing

you knew you would have larger numbers trying to log in and did nothing to increase server size or stability.. it's like being back at Beta head Start all over again

But it's fine by me RIFT goes f2P soon i'll just give my money to them and tell anyone looking to try out or get back in to STO not to waste there time or money

Everything Craptic and Perfect World touch turns in to a total piece of **** so good job
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nimue555 wrote: »
    LOL - you actually read that whole rant? I gave up just before 600 because it was too painful to go on!

4201 out of 18117 - I relatively moved forward... should I relatively go to bed to get relative rest before relatively get into game?

Whatever I see when I refresh/finish replying I pay attention to, then it's back to scrolling XD

Still #163 for.... 1 hour 10 minutes now, maybe I should have gone to bed after all....
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    nimue555nimue555 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    I'm in.......

Wait, tell us! Did your queue number ever changed or you jumped in from ?000th place?
    Am I the only one really annoyed with Cryptic recently?
  • Options
    djezc#0623 djezc Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1954 out of 17887 i was so looking forward to romuln looks like ill have to wait a day or two b4 playing it , got on for a min then it went down for the fix now im in a que that just dont move
  • Options
    balcifer1balcifer1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game developers of mmo's should realize that when something new comes out the server is going to be maxed out and act accordingly... Time and time again mmo's fail to do this and there isn't really a reason for it.
  • Options
    nathanhunternathanhunter Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Somebody at the front of the line please TRIBBLE. Clear some folks out :D
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited May 2013
    puykonig wrote: »

Nice! Soon we will have enough drones to man a sphere or even a cube!
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    kandyman2012kandyman2012 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL, for a game I pay to play. That's rich!

Also I'm a LTS. Silvers should be kicked from server to make room for LTS.

What do you think this is? The south in the 18 century? Once someone get on this game, no one should be kicked off for someone else. That is very wrong. You LTS are 95% jerks. Just because you payed 300.00 (or 200.00 on sale) for this game does not make you the slave owners. I was going to become a LTS but i dont want to join those ranks. And fyi to all the LTS, us subbers and subs gone f2p pay way more money than you do.
  • Options
    jsck82jsck82 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bjs1981 wrote: »
    that's not the point you brown nose stained TRIBBLE sniffer. if you went to the car dealer and just spent 50,000 dollars on a car, how would you feel if the dealer said thanks for the money, but you'll have to wait in line to drive the car... for about a month. ??? this game is not a freaking night club where i can choose to walk down the street to another club if i want to. its like any other thing in which you pay entry fees. try telling the same thing to people who pay 1,000 dollars for indy 500 tickets that they only get to watch the last 20 laps.

No it isn't, the Indy 500 ends when the race is over. Where's the race here?
  • Options
    corporalmaccorporalmac Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Going on 5+ hours now of an unplayable game. We just had this experience two weeks ago on back to back days with 5+ hour server down time. When is this going to start sinking in?
  • Options
    m3ntali5t1m3ntali5t1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    secretly hoping for a server crash, and being lucky asnd jumping in before the que starts up again...

you know they have servers from other games they run in place that arnt getting attention, would take a few hours to switch them over to STO for a while...
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    puykonig wrote: »

Hahaha

Glad to know more SRS are stuck in the queue too and you're not all "where's Irwin?"!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    frankythefly1frankythefly1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    phubbykun wrote: »
    ***** moan whine whine whine

Errrrr... That's what she said!! :D
  • Options
    gidydudegidydude Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    5957 out of 18347. Q has taken over the queue!
  • Options
    darkhelmet95darkhelmet95 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All they need is more servers.
  • Options
    megasilvermegasilver Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well....huh..... WHAT THE HELL!? IT'S LIKE CRYPTIC NEVER BOTHERED TO LEARN FROM BLIZZARD AND EA!!! YOU ******N SCUMBAGS!!! THIS MAKES ERROR 37 LOOK LIKE CANDY MOUNTAIN!!! GO TO HELL CRYPTIC! FIX THE PROBLEM, OR ELSE!
  • Options
    oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    squidbush wrote: »
    I was at position 1628 until I was inexplicably knocked offline. Now I'm at 14954. *sigh*

So... I should have dropped to 6020. I got ripped. I want my 1 space on que... I demand to be put down to 6020 right now. :P
  • Options
    smi3thsmi3th Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was at 724 in queue, but since my position on the queue did not change at all I thought something was wrong; after all, if the person in the front of the queue got in then my number would go down.

So I logged off and on again, and put myself over 10,000th in queue. Great.

Then it timed out and disconnected me. It kind of defeats the point of having a queue if you can time out while you're in it.

Now I get "Account server connection could not be started."
    Hmmmmm... did it go down again?
  • Options
    ryannez94ryannez94 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    been stuck on 4988 since the queue was 5000 long.... its now 18.5k long and i havnt moved 1 place
    A Long Time Ago, In A Galaxy Far Far Away.....
  • Options
    graptorgraptor Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now it's well known that 'Golds' are supposed to get preferential queueing.

But the behavior I'm seeing suggests there's three levels, not two. Why? Because I've yet to be put at the back of the queue.

My first login with a queue, I started at 341 of 2200 odd. Subsequent attempts have put me at between 11k and 14k of 13k to 17k.

I'm guessing there's two levels of silvers, broken down by if they've gotten all the various limitations removed via playtime or buying something.

The numbers I'm seeing in the queue and in the forum posts suggests that there are approximately:

1-2 thousand Golds and Lifetimers

10-12 thousand 'Confirmed' Silvers

2-3 thousand 'New' Silvers.

This suggests that the remaining people in queue are almost entirely Silvers that have been playing previously.

The lack of movement in the numbers suggests that there's enough golds flipping through that their continual cutting is keeping the silver part of the line from moving.

It also suggests that as far as new players go, there's very few of them, and they're basically not getting to play (which is going to lead to there being even fewer pretty quickly, I suspect).

Also, getting dumped back into the queue for switching characters is absolutely stupid. :p
  • Options
    icekingofspaceicekingofspace Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My number has been 5180 for almost an hour now and the que is up to 17k+...what are they gonna do
    In this galaxy there
  • Options
    canunixnacanunixna Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe I'm a glass half full kinda guy but...

EVE Online averages 30-40K per evening and that's excluding the new deployment of content. That game is supposed to be the WoW of space combat games if memory serves.

Star Trek Online has a queue as high as 20K, thanks to LoR.....

So why are we complaining!?!?!?!? This is good! Users are storming to join up! All Cryptic has to do is make long term plans to accommodate these new users by getting new servers with the revenue from these new users and maybe, just maybe, we can give EVE Online something to be nervous about....

Just saying

Because literally no one is being able to play. Not newbies, not us.
  • Options
    betanembetanem Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    scotty give the servers some more power!!!
  • Options
    xvleonbxvleonb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    22 Tau Dewa sector instances now.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh snap looks like I got in while I was up in this thread.

Well it's been fun y'all but it's LoR time. :P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    cdpbscdpbs Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Queue is >Trolling< us^^
  • Options
    lstuparlstupar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And again, I waited and just as I was suppose to log in I get logged out with the message:

Got duplicate LOGIN_SUCCESS.

Please address the issues, thank you.

Sincerely,