test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    hotkillerzhotkillerz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok folks heres some entertainment for u: A psychologist walked around a room
    while teaching stress management to an
    audience. As she raised a glass of water,
    everyone expected they?d be asked the
    ?half empty or half full? question. Instead,
    with a smile on her face, she inquired:
    ?How heavy is this glass of water??
    Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to
    20 oz.
    She replied, ?The absolute weight doesn?t
    matter. It depends on how long I hold it.
    If I hold it for a minute, it?s not a
    problem. If I hold it for an hour, I?ll have
    an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day,
    my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In
    each case, the weight of the glass doesn?t
    change, but the longer I hold it, the
    heavier it becomes.?
    She continued, ?The stresses and worries
    in life are like that glass of water. Think
    about them for a while and nothing
    happens. Think about them a bit longer
    and they begin to hurt. And if you think
    about them all day long, you will feel
    paralyzed ? incapable of doing anything.?
    It?s important to remember to let go of
    your stresses. As early in the evening as
    you can, put all your burdens down.
    Don?t carry them through the evening and
    into the night. Remember to put the glass
    down!
  • Options
    dtranquildtranquil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    896 out of 17472
  • Options
    reichirooreichiroo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't mind a queue at a launch... but I don't think I've ever seen a queue that didn't show your number in line shrink as time passes. I'd like to have some inkling as to how long of a wait I'm in for.
  • Options
    varak36varak36 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    over 17000 now
  • Options
    moggiecanadamoggiecanada Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe I'm a glass half full kinda guy but...

EVE Online averages 30-40K per evening and that's excluding the new deployment of content. That game is supposed to be the WoW of space combat games if memory serves.

Star Trek Online has a queue as high as 20K, thanks to LoR.....

So why are we complaining!?!?!?!? This is good! Users are storming to join up! All Cryptic has to do is make long term plans to accommodate these new users by getting new servers with the revenue from these new users and maybe, just maybe, we can give EVE Online something to be nervous about....

Just saying
  • Options
    adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    260 of 16.1k

correction 146 of 17.7 k
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
  • Options
    digtalnarcosisdigtalnarcosis Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got in... beamed down to Nimbus 3 and got some sort of game error and everything crashed and it asked me to tell it what I was doing when it crashed.

Nice.

Back in line now I suppose. Wait... if I can get in game even... just says Patching and is sitting there.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hunterpdx1 wrote: »
    Is anyone's number in the queue (who is watching these forums) actually moving? Or are we all just frozen in time as more people pile on top of us, crushing us beneath the collective weight of failed hopes and dreams?

:rolleyes:

the only number i've seen moving is how many others are waiting, which just jumped to 17441
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • Options
    arcticwolf1085arcticwolf1085 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    any guesses when it will hit 30k? currently 7576th in line for close to 45 min
  • Options
    twoblindmonkstwoblindmonks Member Posts: 255
    edited May 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    But you DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING to play this expansion.

You CHOSE TO BUY the stuff you did.

And the stuff you bought IS NOT the problem right now.

It's a queue software problem, which was not included in the items you bought.

<chuckle>

No, he's right, you are rolling over. And stop assuming that we bought anything at all recently? And yeah, you choose to buy it and you expect what you bought to WORK. It doesn't matter at all what is CAUSING it to not work. Your logic is really terrible.
    edited May 2013
    It's not moving at all, except getting bigger and bigger.
  • Options
    ladstar2ladstar2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At 11:pm 5/21/13 after get home from work I am 7297 out of 16830 and a gold member . in cryptic and perfit word . is jack ****
  • Options
    tellquatellqua Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fysiknyc wrote: »
    Wow - LTS and bought legacy pack - and I am 1000 out 4500.

This is insane.

Hmmm, I don't feel so bad now... 63 out of 17559...
  • Options
    marsprojectmarsproject Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    ANd do you know what people in customer service say to customers who act like you're acting now?

"Yes sir, we're working on it sir."

Then walk away and roll their eyes while laughing at you for acting like an entitled pratt.

You need to calm down mate, you're going to hurt yourself, over a Star Trek game.

And thats why I keep hanging up on them when they do that, and then call them back constantly telling them to hurry the hell up. Then I start laughing at them in the most evil way possible.
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What? First of all, I bought a LTS a loooong time ago. Don't assume it was purchased recently, Believe me I wish I could get alllll my money back. Secondly, when you sell a product, you actually have a duty to ensure that it lives up to a certain quality standard. Certain products that fall so far below this threshold they actually cause injury can actually incur liability on the part of the maker.

So, yeah, when someone sells a product and it turns out to be crappy, it is, in fact, their fault. When someone purchases that product over and over and over again, then yeah, it's then the purchaser's fault. That's not the case with me. I made one purchase, and im still trying to get that $/hrs of enjoyment ratio as low as possible!

You didn't read your contract.

It's okay, no one ever really does, problem is by clicking "I agree" you're still bound to it.

No refund.

No personal Apology.

This is a bigger launch than ANYTHING before it. It's been advertised EVERYWHERE.

While I'm sure there's some line of Code that went fubar, the influx of new and returning players can't be helping matters any.

And have you been reading the thread? Those that have managed to get in get DC'd almost immediately anyway.

If you're this po'd about having to wait inline you're likely to have an aneurysm when that happens.
  • Options
    bok249bok249 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    karrz wrote: »
    I want what I paid for, and if this is any indication of what I paid for then this game is in serious trouble. If this was a free expansion I would wait with no complaints, but it wasn't. My suggestion to you is to stop rolling over and saying basically it's all good when it's not.

uh.... this IS a free expansion lol...
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And you know what happens to customer service reps who are caught treating customers like that? They are fired. You know what happens to companies that don't fire those reps? They go under. Market economics ftw!

Moral of the story - don't get caught.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    dereklucasdereklucas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Enough! Next person in the queue be ready to move up....NOW
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    816 out of 17511

this is the closest I've come since the E.M.P.

<crosses fingers>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    dtranquildtranquil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    over 18000 now , how badly could they have prepared lol
  • Options
    hotkillerzhotkillerz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    any guesses when it will hit 30k? currently 7576th in line for close to 45 min

i say well hit 20k in like 5 mins 10 tops
  • Options
    billthejedibillthejedi Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What? First of all, I bought a LTS a loooong time ago. Don't assume it was purchased recently, Believe me I wish I could get alllll my money back. Secondly, when you sell a product, you actually have a duty to ensure that it lives up to a certain quality standard. Certain products that fall so far below this threshold they actually cause injury can actually incur liability on the part of the maker.

So, yeah, when someone sells a product and it turns out to be crappy, it is, in fact, their fault. When someone purchases that product over and over and over again, then yeah, it's then the purchaser's fault. That's not the case with me. I made one purchase, and im still trying to get that $/hrs of enjoyment ratio as low as possible!

I agree with you that this product is crappy and it sucks that you paid for it. I almost did on day one of launch... but now I'm glad I have yet to spend even $199 on total monthly sub and c-store combined. However, you don't seem to realize you're coming off as entitled and it's entertaining a lot of us here. It's just a game, dude. NOT a neccesity in your life. Your kids aren't starving so you can play STO or anything. Yeah, it's dissapointing it's not working %100 when it's convenient for YOU, but it will get fixed. Eventually. Maybe.
    dmv5s1.jpg_zpsvjpiwgta.png
  • Options
    ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2,224 of 17,608

I think if Cryptic doesn't do something to increase server capacity, maybe...just maybe...I'll get to play next week, once the newness has worn off.

Maybe.

I need a beer.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    714 out of 17983
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    frostythefettfrostythefett Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be nice if we could at least get a message from a dev saying they know about this or they are working on it.
  • Options
    bjs1981bjs1981 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    that's not the point you brown nose stained TRIBBLE sniffer. if you went to the car dealer and just spent 50,000 dollars on a car, how would you feel if the dealer said thanks for the money, but you'll have to wait in line to drive the car... for about a month. ??? this game is not a freaking night club where i can choose to walk down the street to another club if i want to. its like any other thing in which you pay entry fees. try telling the same thing to people who pay 1,000 dollars for indy 500 tickets that they only get to watch the last 20 laps.
  • Options
    nathanhunternathanhunter Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a problem, Noone else can help. But I can't find the A-Team because the launcher is stuck!
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited May 2013
    bok249 wrote: »
    uh.... this IS a free expansion lol...

Unless you bought a legacy pack or starter pack or lts. Just because we don't subscribe doesn't mean we don't spend $20 / month supporting the game.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    rowenwindsongrowenwindsong Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe I'm a glass half full kinda guy but...

EVE Online averages 30-40K per evening and that's excluding the new deployment of content. That game is supposed to be the WoW of space combat games if memory serves.

Star Trek Online has a queue as high as 20K, thanks to LoR.....

So why are we complaining!?!?!?!? This is good! Users are storming to join up! All Cryptic has to do is make long term plans to accommodate these new users by getting new servers with the revenue from these new users and maybe, just maybe, we can give EVE Online something to be nervous about....

Just saying

As an EVE Online player all I can say is EVE has nothing to worry about competition wise when it comes to STO lol. Nice try though.