test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    cpl200cpl200 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am kinda enjoying the story line for the romulan's but first off the lagging is horrible half the time I cant turn in a mission or activate a mission objection (Example: Scan the blank system) and now I cant even log into my account cause of a Login Failed error. This is honestly very frustrating cause in the past even when new content was launched I never had problems before till now. Hope something can be done :confused:
  • Options
    harloth1harloth1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do not fear my friends! I have gotten a Communications through to Cryptic about the situation, and they have sent me back a message!

"We're currently aware of an issue some users may be experiencing when attempting to log in. We're working to address this issue as soon as possible, please be patient while we investigate. Please wait a short while and attempt to log in again."

Is this Cryptic being Cryptic?? Well, at least they are "investigating"
  • Options
    thokstathoksta Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Im not afraid!
    Post edited by thoksta on
    I'll Have Ten Chocolate Sundaes.
    tumblr_n0u8f6dVVb1svlvsyo2_500.gif
    I'm in a really bad mood.
  • Options
    captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    harloth1 wrote: »
    Do not fear my friends! I have gotten a Communications through to Cryptic about the situation, and they have sent me back a message!

"We're currently aware of an issue some users may be experiencing when attempting to log in. We're working to address this issue as soon as possible, please be patient while we investigate. Please wait a short while and attempt to log in again."

how genaric of a reply could you get lol.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    huesoparkerhuesoparker Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    murdockx86 wrote: »
    Dude. WTH? comment might be a tad on the ignorant side, but for us non-US types, it rings pretty true from the outside looking in. And as for pulling the 'racism' card, grow up, learn when to actually use that appropriately. -.-'

Agreed. Considering you don't know if the person who sent the post from Europe is white, black or in between. And people wonder why we are considered by the rest of the world to be the "Ugly Americans".

It's not always all about us!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thoksta wrote: »
    Calling me a yank isnt being a bigget? Ok, and you are an outsider looking in, us americans are getting as much playing time as you all. Instead of blaming it on the american players why not blame it on pwe ****e hosting of the game and servers not capable of handling the load of people this was gonna bring. It was obvious with neverwinter the servers couldnt handle it and all of their services went down several times. Your just as ignorant as your friend... Thank god your thousands of miles away from me....

From Wikipedia - Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot: someone who, as a result of their prejudices, treats other people with hatred, contempt, and intolerance.

Being called a "Yank" is a simple term that English or Australian people use for Americans.

Calm down. Try using spell check BEFORE you post and read completely all posts. You might then see that the defender of the "Yank" comment is from USA also.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jsck82 wrote: »
    Seriously? That's going a bit far. Why don't we see how long it takes them to fix the issue before going all "full whine ahead" on it. If it's a couple hours, why should they hand out $25-50 PER PLAYER? seriously.

Yeah, I complain, but its not that I expect compensation, its to make light of a serious issue on their end.

If you don't understand that EVERY online game *EVER* released has had serious issues, including with expansions, then you should do some light reading while the servers are being fixed. Welcome to the world of software development.

Bravo... Well said.
  • Options
    chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013

no its them saying HAHAHA sucker we got your money now you can wait .....
    and its game lag 100% all the issues....
  • Options
    outooffocusoutooffocus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    during the server down time i let the game patch while i went to watch my son play at the junior Olympics of his school
    No patching for me while everyone tried to get in to the game
    Sadly after celebrating my son's birthday, i find out cryptic **** hit the fan again
    What a mess mess mess
  • Options
    drliriodrlirio Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If anyone thinks we are complaining because the game is having problems with a major expansion... wrong. We are complaining because the same mistakes are repeated over and over with every major update. Same mistakes that almost made the game fail at launch, more than 3 years ago. Here:
    drlirio wrote: »
    Very short Beta period. Check.

Unfinished content pushed to Holodeck. Check.

Account messing (free slot, stipends, forum). Check.

Huge lag. Check.

Server instablity causing disconnects. Check.

Login problems. Check.

"Major" upgrade expands grinding in the game to a new level, often re-using game content and selling it as part of the "new content". Check.

Feedback from players of beta in the forums is not taken into account (mogai respec?). Check.

New lockbox with amazing ships so you can throw your money into the lottery. Check.

Forum filled with angry paying customers because they feel like idiots when they see the service they receive for their money. Check.

People kept not informed in the forum with only vague responses about estimated time of solutions. Check.

Yes... I've checked and this is exactly as any other succesful major STO update. No improvements at all... Cryptic must be doing great!!!

Yep, all those things have happened before, and they will happen again. :D

I'm a lifer since STO closed beta, and i can only get very nervous when I see the same mistakes repeated all the time. It's sick.
  • Options
    harloth1harloth1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are taking the servers offline for "Emergency Maintenance" for the next hour and a half. Hopefully that means they have a fix in mind.

I have an idea... remove the Romulan update. lol That should fix it.

(You think cryptic is going to ban me sooner or later for the flak I'm giving them. lol)

On a side note, I decided to try to earn some Zen while waiting and take some of their surveys. To bad I didn't qualify for any of them....
  • Options
    sharyssasharyssa Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *sprays TROLL-B-GONE around the page*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    deltas6deltas6 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMG. I'm number 881 waiting right now. Talk about a deli counter ticket from hell. :mad:

Here is an idea... if you revamp the whole game and add 30% more content, maybe you should add more server power. It took hours to upload the pact, and now I wait some more.

LOL Talk about a deli counter ticket from hell. more like Talk about a Dept of Motor Vehicle (DMV) from hell renewing your drivers license. :mad: I was logged and timed out then booted me back out by heavy lag .
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thoksta wrote: »
    Nice ignorant and racist quote there bro, must be us americans fault and not every single player trying to play the new expansion they have been hyping for the past 2 months. Your a fool keep your racist bull**** to yourself. The paying customers want to be able to play.

You need to brush up on your definitions of ignorance and racism.
    What i did was merely an observation of the facts.

Since the update i played for over 3 hours without any problems and when the end of the workday in the US timezone arrives the servers overload.

I used the word yank, but that word holds neither malice nor racial bigotry.
    It's the day of one of the largest updates in the history of STO when it is to be expected that the servers will get a lot on their plate and yet we see a massive amount of players signing in and updating in a very short period of time.

It would have been smart to wait 1-2 hours and spread out. If you have the option to avoid a traffic jam do you avoid it or park your car right in the middle?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really? I thought lifetime subscriptions had a head of the line privileges in server queues.
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    twoblindmonkstwoblindmonks Member Posts: 255
    edited May 2013
    Um, hi, I'm a sub, why am I waiting in a queue to play this game?
    edited May 2013
    ya well i was 1440/2008 now i am 1550/3691
    but i am a free to play.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Golds queue with Golds, ahead of Silvers. It's always been that way.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    mrtoken_1390846233mrtoken_1390846233 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Um, hi, I'm a sub, why am I waiting in a queue to play this game?

If its full then its full

Everyone Queues if its full, just that LTS and gold jump to the front of f2p.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because they are so many golds you are having to wait in a queue of golds.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    krayuskorianiskrayuskorianis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're in a Queue because the server is full... Full of everyone, not just Silver players that you hate.

You're in a queue, same as I am. I'm 1614 out of #### whatever number it is now. You're in the front, others are behind you... Wait your dang turn to play...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i3-2100 3.10GHz
    8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
    ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
  • Options
    velldunvelldun Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am 2399 out of 3995. And it's not budging, of course.
  • Options
    snakevorerulessnakevorerules Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    now i am 1550/4130
  • Options
    twoblindmonkstwoblindmonks Member Posts: 255
    edited May 2013
    Wait your dang turn to play...

LOL, for a game I pay to play. That's rich!

Also I'm a LTS. Silvers should be kicked from server to make room for LTS.
    edited May 2013
    I am 1656 I am F2P also.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's called there being other gold members in the queue.
    It's not like silver players get kicked out of the game.

Btw, 3355/4508 if anyone cares.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    krayuskorianiskrayuskorianis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1614/4556 here... Want to trade spots?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i3-2100 3.10GHz
    8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
    ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
  • Options
    travrymatravryma Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great Job Cryptic. You bring out this awesome expansion and dont beef up the servers to handle it. We see this with other games and expected better outa you. What a let down feeling to have to wait to play the new stuff.
    VA Travis@Iborg316
    Archangel
    Astral Coalition
  • Options
    sehlatkitten01sehlatkitten01 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    these ques are downright stupid im a LTS for damn sakes
    this is unbelievably pathetic
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You bypass the queue for silver players; However you have to wait in a queue of golds since there are so many,
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png