Comments

• Options
    relic289relic289 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm only getting to the version verification and it just hangs up.:(
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep. Same thing here. I almost got into a map and got some warning about a duplicate login, then when I try and sign in again, Login Failed for Unknown Reason.

I feel like Captain Archer. YOUR INQUIRY WAS NOT RECOGNIZED

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dilbart wrote: »
    Still getting this message after the maintenance

got the same thing few times ,then it worked and got to a waiting queue .I was first 319 from 390 then 319 from 600 then 319 from 1100 ....and so on .
  • Options
    thecharybdisthecharybdis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aye, same thing here. Got a "Duplicate Login" error once, but then timed out and now Unknown reason.
  • Options
    graptorgraptor Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    adrianm63 wrote: »
    got the same thing few times ,then it worked and got to a waiting queue .I was first 319 from 390 then 319 from 600 then 319 from 1100 ....and so on .

How the heck are you getting a queue? I've yet to see one.

Granted I've only managed to get in for about a minute before getting disconned.

Edit: Nevermind. Got one on my reconnect attempt. Which is absurd but...
  • Options
    thecharybdisthecharybdis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Right. Got the queue and THEN crashed to "Login failed for an unknown reason."
  • Options
    likuideathlikuideath Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still can't get into the game because of the supposedly fixed problem. Received that error twice. Now getting, "Player Booting Failed" as well.

Good job on the fix, guys!

And back to "Login failed for unknown reason"

What fun...
  • Options
    nozmednozmed Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, got in on the 4th try. Definitely some issues still, but it seems to work for now.

(Previous)
    For me it tries to load the character list, than says "player booting failed" and goes back to the log in screen with a "login failed for unknown reason" message. I would say player booting worked, as I keep getting booted, and it must be a new unknown reason than the one that was declared fixed then.
    Ok. Siting in line now. Maybe it is working. We will see.
  • Options
    mick556mick556 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's not the only issue, right now there's a queue of 1500 people because the server's full... If its not one problem its another...
    I'm fairly sure they'll get it right at the same time we ACTUALLY invent warp drive.
    Vice Admiral Jack Larkin
    Commanding Officer: U.S.S. Parabellum NCC-95963-E
  • Options
    zsorinezsorine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    likuideath wrote: »
    Still can't get into the game because of the supposedly fixed problem. Received that error twice. Now getting, "Player Booting Failed" as well.

What fun...

Same here. Actually I haven't even gotten as far as before the emergency patch. Before it actually got me to the character selection screen then bombed out on map loading.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    korbinarmandkorbinarmand Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is beyond annoying...Ive had 'login failed for an unknown reason' three times...and thats after i wait for 5min+ in queue....
  • Options
    blackmoonblackmoon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I keep encountering a launcher error that stops the program soon as I hit Engage. I have tried to run it as administrator did not work I tried to run with windows 7 compatibility did not work I tried to run with service pak 3 did not work. Not sure what to try now seems nothing works
  • Options
    rumbleprumblep Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    likuideath wrote: »

What fun...

I'll second that... after several attempts I finally got in. I'm gonna guess its the load on the server.
    -Captain Saffrin
    Federation 12th Cavalry
    Deep Space 19/USS Montana
  • Options
    josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got in game after the emergency patch, got my new Romulan ship, switched to my Fed to invite my Romulan to my fleet, tried to switch back to my Romulan to accept the invite, now getting this message.

Log-in failed for unknown reason.

Everytime I try, I get to the Retrieving list of characters... then, ctd
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • Options
    paladin824paladin824 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I couldn't get to the character list before, now I get the same error after waiting through the queue and trying to load into the game.
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like we're right back where we were before the emergency maintenance. The game is unplayable if you get logged in anyway. Anything that needs to hit the database is completely lagged out and map transfers are an almost guaranteed disconnect and boot to the login screen.
  • Options
    mightionnymightionny Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sparhawk wrote: »
    Looks like we're right back where we were before the emergency maintenance. The game is unplayable if you get logged in anyway. Anything that needs to hit the database is completely lagged out and map transfers are an almost guaranteed disconnect and boot to the login screen.

Same thing here. I just tried to leave Nukara Prime because quests weren't completing, and I timed out during the nap transfer, and now we're back to "Login failed for an unknown reason."

A far more cynical person than I might reply, "Oh, I know the reason, all right... Cryptic brought the servers up too soon."

EDIT: Oh, here's a new one, from when I tried again; Player Booting Failed. That must be why the queue is so big... the game is having trouble kicking players OFF! :D Humor disclaimer.
  • Options
    ericshatnerericshatner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just made it through the login queue and hit this error message again before it booted me back to login page. Just thought ye should know.
  • Options
    comrade2070comrade2070 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I was in the 4500s in the login queue and just gave up. I'd be fine with this if I hadn't plopped down 130 dollars on the stupid legacy pack and become a paying customer, strike that a paying sucker ...

Is cryptic going to invest in some additional server space or laugh all the way to the bank with the money its bilked from the public, and just let the server issues self-correct as people lose interest in the game?

By the way before this launch fiasco I had considered becoming a lifetime subscriber, but given this TRIBBLE poor launch and all the horror stories I am seeing in the tech forum--first time looking through these threads--that will not be happening. Amateurish management practices and dubious ethics in marketing are not as rage inducing when you are simply freeriding ...
  • Options
    lordofthestorm17lordofthestorm17 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am also seconding this, the login failed for unknown reason is still happening to me. I'm really looking forward to playing once it is fixed.
  • Options
    stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's happening again. So move it out of "Resolved" and back to "Known Issues".
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • Options
    roman1229roman1229 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's doing the same thing for me again. This is really frustrating.
  • Options
    gojoredgojored Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok, AFTER the "emergency server reset" tonight i try to log in and.....same problems again.
    I have a tiny idea, and perhaps i may be wrong here?
    ready for this?

Buy another server! just think of the possibilities! diffusion of massive data streams, lessening of lag, elimination of server kicks, and your customers and fans? they can now log in and play the game and use the zen they bought!

Great ey?

well, my pennies worth ennyway
    hope all works well, and even more so?...hope to play sometime soon.....without lag and server kicks.

Gojo. :(
    [SIGPIC]tritrophic mutualism: we get a viable game experience, and perfect worlds new ai "ARC" dines on our zen[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    paladin824paladin824 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    paladin824 wrote: »
    I couldn't get to the character list before, now I get the same error after waiting through the queue and trying to load into the game.

Interesting to note, I was able to Create a new character (Romulan) and log into game; then subsequently log on with that char. Yet was unable to log into any pre-existing chars.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not fixed.

I just tried to log in after the server booted me out and bam, met with this message. When I tried again, I logged in didn't even move before I saw "Server not responding"

I'm also getting massive time-outs when trying to connect to the account server.

Additionally, it took maybe five minutes just to load this site.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have read the big Notice regarding fixes and what not at the top of the forums. I was not sure if they meant it is fixed as it is under 'resolved issues'. For myself I am still experiencing this error.

***Resolved Issues***

"Login failed for unknown reason" error

I'll try logging in a few days from now again, just so far no luck. Unless I misread the post it says resolved, just giving a heads up that at least for me it is still around.

Thanks in advance.
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, there is a small % of people with this, but they will not give any support. They are just supporting people in the game with bug fixes. In other words the the needs of the many far outweigh the needs of the few.
  • Options
    talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah I see. That's unfortunate, thank you for the info, I had much difficulty finding thread specific info in the forums. Lol so much for being a career officer... still remember those horrible 'scan this anomoly' missions. Decent grind for crafting mats when crafting wasn't useless.
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • Options
    threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited May 2013
    ***Resolved Issues***
    "Login failed for unknown reason" error

not resolved, try again.
  • Options
    bevrastbevrast Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First I couldn't get retrieve the character list and the connection timed out. Now it says login failed for unknown reason.
    draco dormiens nunquam titillandus
    CHRIST.png
This discussion has been closed.