test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance (May 21, 2013 - 6PM - 7:30PM PDT) [Complete!]

Comments

• urniv821urniv821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trekie564 wrote: »
    No, we aren't. you are just slamming the Dev team and the whole of cryptic because of a bug for an expantion that has been rougher for other games. Stop Whining, please.

I slammed the dev team? really? wow you misconstrue things VERY easily then huh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So what happened? Tribbles get into the grain storage or something?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • thebluerabbitthebluerabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    urniv821 wrote: »
    Still you, no worries.

I have an hour n a half to keep responding. So no worries here.. keep trying

All I'm seeing is a circle of jrks.

Poodoo happens.
    edited May 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    I think what people are trying to say is your childish behavior makes you a child. I'm not saying you are acting like a child, I've not really been paying attention to what you've been posting or the replies that followed, but you're only as old as you act.

I was upset. people decided to flame. End of story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
  • talore003talore003 Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    You would think all the programmers that pop up on MMO forums when down times happen they would get together and make a better game. :D
  • pwedisplaynamepwedisplayname Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are not. And depending on your search query, and what you're actually looking for, it's possible 400 wouldn't be enough to find it.

I'd love it if the cap were removed. 400 is way too small a list for many, many items.
  • blagormblagorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,
    we expect this maintenance to only last for 1.5 hours.
    - The Star Trek Online Team

FYI... The East Coast is 9 to 10:30 and School/Work is at play.. and I got Life Today so...
    -_- good way to being it. :mad:
    R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sorry dude it is not.

And is Khan .. not kan.

OOps. ok, KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who here i watching the 1978 version of BSG just to see how close it is to LOR. and i wanted template for my uniform on the flotilla. LOL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • sandmahnsandmahn Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just think another 45 minutes and then we get to start finding all the other issues,
  • saracen1955saracen1955 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hate being right all the time. I have been saying all along that your iPhone servers would not be able to handle the strain of adding Legacy. Hell, they haven't been able to keep STO up and running for a full day before adding Legacy. They couldn't handle the pre-patch, and they are proving incapable of handling Legacy. I do so hate being right all the time!
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sorry dude it is not.

And is Khan .. not kan.

Ummm...

Yeah, the slur you posted is against forum rules...

... but if ya don't get caught, what the hell.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • sashibaisashibai Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so that makes me a child? Get real. You guys are just trolling hard.

If it looks like a duck. Quacks like a duck. Acts like a duck.
    edited May 2013

Poodoo happens.

are we jrkin'? it would be a totally different circle then.

i'm over it , let the trolls keep ragin'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tehepicpwnzertehepicpwnzer Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    made a new forum account to be a troll? get a life.
    What does that mean Ive had this account for a year little punk!
    Star Wars next?

26th Fleet
  • geometrywizard22geometrywizard22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the amazing expansion... went off without a hitch. So far i can reload my loading screen over and over and hope it works. Its THRILLING! Do i get dilithium for this?
  • vaewenvaewen Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some of you guys obviously need some cheering up. Watch this; it should cheer you up:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuPP6LrD3-s

Now if that somehow doesn't cheer you up, then this one should do it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5opOCbT4aoU

Now one or both of those is pretty sure to cheer you up, but if *somehow* neither does, then do a youtube search for flashmob and watch a few of those. They're pretty cool.

Besides, VERY MANY of you should be spending a LOT more time studying English, probably at the expense of the time you spend playing games.

you're means 'you are'.... "your" does not mean this.
    They're means 'they are'... neither "their" nor "there" means this.
    It is 'a lot', not "alot", nor "allot".
    Punctuation and proper capitalization are your friends; start treating them with more respect.
    Numbers are NOT letters. Whoever told you they were was deceiving you.
    That should get some of you pointed in the right direction.

One last video to help cheer you guys up:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlFuRzk8OnU

In fact, the real solution to the Science career should be that whenever somebody rolls up a Sci character and actually starts to play it, the game should change their theme music to that.
  • johncampbell07johncampbell07 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Star date: supplemental

My science and First officer, Mr. Spok, has informed me that there is a problem with logging into STO. All efforts thus far have failed. The closest he's been able to get was actually getting in on Deep Space 9 only to have the communications break within moments of our arrival. A message from Star Fleet Command now informs me that they are working on the problem, but time is now running out.

With the addition of the Romulan's and Reman's coming into the picture there has been a great deal of turmoil. Factions are developing and the fighting is thus far taking it's toll on all diplomatic efforts to contain the situation. Adding this to the already ever present Borg, Tholian's, and the ongoing war with the Klingon's has stretched everything way to thin. I fear that if we do not reengage soon all could be lost.

Mr. Spok, anything yet?

No, Captain. We're still working on it.

Very well. Keep trying and keep me informed. I want to know the moment we're able to reengage.

Yes, Sir.
  • usseagle016usseagle016 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Over an hour...wtf...

I've been in software development for a while and I don't possible see how it could take over an hour(and I'm sure it'll get extended). 10 minutes to reset, 10 minutes to install new codebase to the RC, 10 mins to verify stability.

30 min coffee break? Maybe I come from a different philosophy of customer service, but anytime we have a go-live we have all our engineers on board to correct any unforeseen issues. If I told my clients that it was going to take 6 hours to recognize the problem, then 2 hours to update the interface I wouldn't have a job.
    Careful. They may try to recruit you. LOL
  • nagon02nagon02 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    talore003 wrote: »
    You would think all the programmers that pop up on MMO forums when down times happen they would get together and make a better game. :D
    That's how the real problems start :P
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was upset. people decided to flame. End of story.

Fair enough.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
    edited May 2013
    What does that mean Ive had this account for a year little punk!

( troll )

boop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwedisplaynamepwedisplayname Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Poodoo happens.

Of course it does. That's not why many people are upset.

You people are missing the forest for the trees.

What we have here, is a server farm that needs to be emergency patched. And checked. Presumably by more than one engineer at a time.

That doesn't take this long. Does it?
  • trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    are we jrkin'? it would be a totally different circle then.

i'm over it , let the trolls keep ragin'

Actually, i agree with him on this. he was mad, made a half-cocked post, and we are all being WAY to critical. My Appologies to urniv821
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • shinhiraishinshinhiraishin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a Borg attack!

** YOUR SERVERS WILL BE ASSIMILATED! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE! **

<Flees in terror>
  • danthalasdanthalas Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a Borg attack!

** YOUR SERVERS WILL BE ASSIMILATED! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE! **

<Flees in terror>

Oh dear.. he's onto us >.>
  • ask4spock1ask4spock1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, ALL you guys worried about the game being off line.... having to???? What do something else for 1.5 hours???? I for one have PS3 Star Trek:D

You guys were warned to CHILL and expect this on 5/6/13:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656831

Excerpt from the forum post:

"Prepare for Downtime"

Right now, the game is on a weekly update schedule. That will return at some point after the expansion launches, but be prepared for almost daily updates for the first couple weeks. As mentioned, nothing beats just throwing the game on Holodeck. Some bugs can only be found when the system is being played live. While Cryptic is good about giving us a few hours warning, some bugs may need no notice.

"Otherwise, Be Patient"

You and everybody else is trying to get on the game at the same time. If you haven't done the previous two items, your download time on May 21 will take a while. In terms of files needed, this is almost a brand new game being installed. Even with Tribble not being slammed it still took me about an hour to patch it the other night on a ~20Mbps download. Get your files before May 21 or you may still be downloading May 22.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes the downtime is annoying, but to be expected on a major release date. This has happened even worse on other mmo's I have played so nothing new here.

I'm really glad I am not a dev, I can tell from playing tribble a lot of hard work went into this update, just to be constantly bashed by all these rude posters. Very immature, and sadly most of them are adults but not acting like one, just constant whining about something we all knew would happen like it does in most mmos.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • talore003talore003 Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    nagon02 wrote: »
    That's how the real problems start :P

True enough. :D
  • bgd3183bgd3183 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Warp speed to the break room captains before the launch party Bagels disappear!
This discussion has been closed.