test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance (May 21, 2013 - 6PM - 7:30PM PDT) [Complete!]

Comments

• tosveteranstosveterans Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just like Scotty I know you will get to the bottom it!
  • danthalasdanthalas Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nalo wrote: »
    All I know is I have a lot of coffee thats going to waste :eek::D

I stocked up on energy drinks of varying sizes and strengths. I've yet to waste them :D Admittedly it'd be more fun if i was playing the game while wired... but eh, i'm still having a good time
  • nick1194nick1194 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thank you Irwin 109
  • really2297really2297 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    first I want to thank you all at STO for everything you do great job on LOR and the game in general, I got to play for awhile after the first maint. cycle until the emergency maint. and I love it you all did great I have no issues with the game, look forward to getting back in game in about an hour or so. The only thing I would like to see is the ships in the boxes be available in the c store because for people like me I have opened about 200 different boxes and get goodies but never get the ships lol luck of the draw and thanks again for all you do for us and yes even the people that just complain because theycan even though they have no reason to it is the best game out there and they can play for free
  • hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well i got some time now, so... anyone else think the romulan shuttles look like cylon fighters?

Yup. definately lol
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • ychildychild Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is normal. I expected some problems (expansion or not) after this big patch this morning. So, hopefully, tech support will fix the problems and everyone can go and play, soon. :cool:
  • christopher0184christopher0184 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What do people think of the idea of revamping the dabo / latinum system to where the trade-ins could be say lock box keys? make it so people want to play dabo. maybe have it so you could bet lock box keys to win more? just curious to see if anyone has any comments / ideas about this.

I really like that idea! It would give us a reason to play dabo, and something to spend our latinum on.
    Strike%2C_S.Rouge%2C_Freedom.png
    Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
    Tertiary ship: I.S.S. Freedom Gundam, Mirror Deep Space Science Vessel
    My YouTube Channel
  • sashibaisashibai Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    urniv821 wrote: »
    and to you.. TRIBBLE you sir.. TRIBBLE you. I am allowed to complain.

And we are allowed to tell you to stfu you whiny little child.
  • arathinarathin Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013

HEY QUIT READING THE FORUMS AND FIX THE GAME!!!!!:mad::P:P

lol anyway keep up the good work
  • urniv821urniv821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Imagine "sweets" as "STO" or "LoR"

http://youtu.be/izTIqUSDcR8

Thought it would be funny to post.. yeah whatever I whined.. well they built it up for like 2 months, i don't remember how long honestly.

I was NOT a beta tester, nor did I play past level 10 during open Beta.. so I havent experienced as much as many of you who are okay with the down time.

So, relax yourselves on hating the upset people.. you arent helping us.. and quite frankly your comments arent needed.. cryptic isnt supplying you with a "defender of Cryptic" title lmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nick1194 wrote: »
    thank you Irwin 109

No problem Nick.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • soundwisdomsoundwisdom Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and you know this how? i can 100 percent guarantee you the hardware has been swapped out at least 4-6 times since the game went gold. 100 percent promise as that is SOP in every major server farm to do bi-annual or quarterly hardware inspection/replacement.

Inspection/Replacement is not upgrade. If Cryptic/PWI hasn't specifically stated they want their architecture upgraded, it won't be.
  • towdogtowdog Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [Kneejerk post expressing outrage and demanding free things for being unnecessarily inconvenienced and picked on for being American. Or something.]
  • bohortonstobohortonsto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hagar3 wrote: »
    Yup. definately lol

WOOT :) not just me
  • crushedcrushed Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GL guys I know the next few days are gonna be fun for you. So to be a bit cliche Drink tea and stay calm ^.^
    Join Today! Click Below.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Decloak and Destroy!!
  • gabriael69gabriael69 Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    i for one hope you don something about the reconnect to server ever time you load into a new are it up to a 1 min on the counter
  • nagon02nagon02 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nick1194 wrote: »
    when will we know when there done please take note before you answer this question that i'm a console gamer and this is the only MMORPG i play so this is my first time dealing with something like this
    Some little words of advice for dealing with patch days:
    - On patch day; never expect to play
    - Day after patch day; expect at least 2-6 hours of downtime cause of emergency patches
    - Week after patch day; expect at least a patch every other day cause of emergency patches.
    - Two Weeks after patch day; expect forums to be full with people who are still complaining about the last patch day and promising/threatening to leave. Unfortunately, they never do.

Cheers,
    Nagon
    (ex-anarchy, ex-eve online, ex-wow, ex-guildwars, current guildwars2)
  • locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and of course they locked the last thread
  • giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well i got some time now, so... anyone else think the romulan shuttles look like cylon fighters?

Nope. It's Boba Fett.
    Greenbird
  • nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about PWE upgrades the login servers? We've had the SAME ONES since STO first launched!

Your intell on this comes from where?
    edited May 2013
    sashibai wrote: »
    And we are allowed to tell you to stfu you whiny little child.

who the hell are you? lmao.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not just Gold members character slots, I can't access any Vet/Lifetime Perks for new FED characters. No Vet Ship Materials, No Vet Uniform Selections, No Android BOFF, nothing except for the lifetime com badge.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ive got chest pain and my arm is numb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dunno about you, but I'm having a ball. :D
  • dracostalondracostalon Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im reay to get busy and play the Roms side so i can purchase i nice ship and rock it ;)
    edited May 2013
    Because I can. Now stop complaining and stomping your feet before your mother takes away your computer for a week.

its amazing how ignorant you people are by just calling someone a child or an age range. Can you truly not think of anything better? Better get enrolled into school.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sarek93sarek93 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gaevsman wrote: »
    You used Server Login Battery - Large

This post made my day!
    hypl wrote: »
    So, Lapsed Gold Member is what we're calling it now? Will this be recognized in an official capacity, to avoid any confusion for the future?

Silver: Hasn't paid a dime
    Lapsed Gold: Past subscriber (at least bought the box pre-f2p or subbed for 1 month)
    Gold: Currently paying subscriber
    Lifetime: Subscribed forever

This already happens to a point. People who have subscribed before don't lose their benefits. Anything they got before going F2P is carried over after you switch.
    "Insufficient facts always invite danger." - Spock
  • thomasp94232thomasp94232 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol at all the whiners in this thread. This is why I hardly ever post on this forum despite being in STO since day 1.

Just wanted to say thanks for a quality product Cryptic and for all the hard work you put into it (not sarcasm). I look forward to spending my money and playing STO for years to come.

I've been here since beta
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arathin wrote: »
    HEY QUIT READING THE FORUMS AND FIX THE GAME!!!!!:mad::P:P

lol anyway keep up the good work

hey TRIBBLE.....i asked him a question and he kindly answers that's his job, he's a communicator not an engineer.

btw the BOP turn rate is nerfed so please fix that, thanks. Can't wait to see D'Tan and the gang with the BSG musci pumping, i've never said this but great addition with the itunes thing so can play the opening theme.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have only one criticism, and that is the "Login failed for unknown reason" message.

It is perfectly obvious to even the casual programmer exactly what the reason is:
    too many people logging in to inadequate hardware, and the software timing out too soon.
    Hardly "unknown" ... lol ... it happens after every major patch! ;-)

perhaps better wording would be, "unable to log in due to high server load"...
    [that we should have anticipated but obviously didn't]...
    "working as intended".

/end sarcasm ... lol
This discussion has been closed.