test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance (May 21, 2013 - 6PM - 7:30PM PDT) [Complete!]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online in 15 minutes for emergency maintenance -- we expect this maintenance to only last for 1.5 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

The goal of this maintenance is to resolve the launcher issues players have been experiencing, errors when logging in, general performance improvements and the missing additional Gold Member character slot.

Patch notes can be found here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=693191

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• xsharpexxsharpex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maybe you guys should cap the amount of exchange hits we get. there's no reason why we need to see all 2400+ master key listings. think of how much bandwidth and processing power you guys could be saving.
  • kamencankamencan Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Huraaa you do somthing whit loging problems:eek:
  • arathinarathin Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol go get um guys and while yer at it I need cookies and lots of them STAT!!!!

btw from what I have been able to play very good job guys got to expectsome kinks on launch day
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xsharpex wrote: »
    maybe you guys should cap the amount of exchange hits we get. there's no reason why we need to see all 2400+ master key listings. think of how much bandwidth and processing power you guys could be saving.
    aren't exchange listings supposed to be capped at 400?
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • soundwisdomsoundwisdom Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Over an hour...wtf...

I've been in software development for a while and I don't possible see how it could take over an hour(and I'm sure it'll get extended). 10 minutes to reset, 10 minutes to install new codebase to the RC, 10 mins to verify stability.

30 min coffee break? Maybe I come from a different philosophy of customer service, but anytime we have a go-live we have all our engineers on board to correct any unforeseen issues. If I told my clients that it was going to take 6 hours to recognize the problem, then 2 hours to update the interface I wouldn't have a job.
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patience - Check
    Understanding - Check
    :)
    signwidrona.png
  • urniv821urniv821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Edit

Tired of trolls bothering me because i was upset.

Get a life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
  • shadowwolf2k7shadowwolf2k7 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maybe you could pass thins along to cryptic and pwe, move champions and neverwinter to their own hardware instead of shards on stos server.
  • kaelaskaelas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm still having the can't change resolution problem from about a year ago, been waiting for that one to be fixed. In windowed mode can't change resolution without crash either. But I've been gone from game for a while and can't remember the workaround for it. I think it was a setting in AMD Catalyst but that needs to finally be 100% fixed.
  • lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Thank you.

worst QQ ever
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will this maintenance address the issue of not being able to create a Reman when you have reached tier 5 on the Romulan reputation system and are a silver player?
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    urniv821 wrote: »
    god i hate you guys. there goes a whole night.

Thanks a lot.

So glad I waste so much money into your s-it studio.

Better a sit studio than a stand one. All that standing would make my legs tired.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aren't exchange listings supposed to be capped at 400?

They are not. And depending on your search query, and what you're actually looking for, it's possible 400 wouldn't be enough to find it.
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will this address the GameClient minimize and re-opening issue as well?
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online in 15 minutes for emergency maintenance -- we expect this maintenance to only last for 1.5 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

The goal of this maintenance is to resolve the launcher issues players have been experiencing, errors when logging in, general performance improvements and the missing additional Gold Member character slot.

Formal patch notes incoming.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

First this bad storm now this am starting to think fates out to ruin my gametime ............:(
    edited May 2013

Thanks a lot.

calm down in the history of online games everytime a new expension launches there are problems this one has actually been calm and going well compaired to some I have been through
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The devs are like Scotty, they say an hour and a half, and do it in half an hour, then we think they're miracle workers.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • wzzupp549wzzupp549 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If that is the problem I would understand them doing that,

but I liked the exchange updates
    the extra filter, and instant searches instead of every 3 seconds, and when im looking for duty officers, i can go through 400 (the old cap) pretty quickly :)

I like all the ui changed from this update, keeep em coming
  • perfectself82perfectself82 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Thanks a lot.

I know that when you're 12 everything seems like the end of the world... But I promise you that this really isn't that big a deal.

Please grow up.

Or stop posting.

Either one is fine.
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited May 2013

same goes for mail let us delete all mail save some cpu n memory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beeblebrox72beeblebrox72 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have faith in the guys at STO, chin up guys. You must feel quite gutted after all the work you put in for it to have these problems on the first day, i know you were all just as excited as us for the launch. :)
    It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This crosses my mind http://i.imgur.com/cjbq4zo.png.
  • illuviusilluvius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too early for Star Trek: offline joke?
    edited May 2013
    Will this maintenance address the issue of not being able to create a Reman when you have reached tier 5 on the Romulan reputation system and are a silver player?

I thought I read you had to buy the unlock in the rom rep store to get it wasnt automatic IDK but I thought thats what it said
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We will be bringing down Star Trek Online in 15 minutes for emergency maintenance --
    You used Login Server Battery - Large.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are not. And depending on your search query, and what you're actually looking for, it's possible 400 wouldn't be enough to find it.
    well, no matter what combination of search parameters i used before, i never got more than 400 listings for any item, assuming there were that many to begin with
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • landerx74927landerx74927 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for keeping everyone updated even though you must be so busy. I just wish everyone would realize that what is truly important is how you respond to a problem even more so than how and when it's fixed. Kudos to you all at Cryptic.
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arathin wrote: »
    calm down in the history of online games everytime a new expension launches there are problems this one has actually been calm and going well compaired to some I have been through

Yeah, I haven't had to reformat my hard drive once with this one.
  • xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Thanks a lot.

proof that ignorance is bliss.

you sit on your TRIBBLE complaining and blaming them for issues that come with EVERY game and nothing is perfect...

they're actually doing their job and brought us a HUGE content update that has been needed for quite sometime and all's you can do is whine about it.

if you can't accept that with every LARGE patch to a game issues arise then you shouldn't be playing online games in general.

anyway OT: good job guys glad to see you'll be fixing it, 2 am here but i can stay up :) got nothing to do tomorrow so :P
This discussion has been closed.