test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance (May 21, 2013 - 6PM - 7:30PM PDT) [Complete!]

Comments

• urniv821urniv821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trekie564 wrote: »
    Actually, i agree with him on this. he was mad, made a half-cocked post, and we are all being WAY to critical. My Appologies to urniv821

thanks man, i appreciate it, i even edited my original post, as it was harsh and unnecessary .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    talore003 wrote: »
    you Would Think All The Programmers That Pop Up On Mmo Forums When Down Times Happen They Would Get Together And Make A Better Game. :d

+100 :d
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just want to be able to cancel the Upgrade projects in Nukara Rep System with this maintenance
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't need to go into their 'server room'. It's a business decision, PWI is a profit-hungry company. It's always been about turning a dime with them. They aren't the company to spend 'extra on the customer'.

If you think any gaming company - ESPECIALLY PWI/Cryptic is running state of the art hardware where 'money is no option' you're just being silly.

im just going to facepalm. they arent spending the money on you. they are spending the money on themselves to ensure their product turns more dimes tomorrow. it is called investment. they wont make a whole lot of cash if they are running under 2 nines uptime. This game does meet that standard.

i swear to god every mmo forum troll since the late 90s has thought mmos run on commodore 64s because of latency or any downtime.

i work in the industry. thats all you need to know or I will tell you. i know for a fact you are wrong. I will just leave it at that.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • tehepicpwnzertehepicpwnzer Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    urniv821 wrote: »
    ( troll )

boop.
    You know what I'm through with this argument.
    Star Wars next?

26th Fleet
  • geometrywizard22geometrywizard22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vaewen wrote: »
    Some of you guys obviously need some cheering up. Watch this; it should cheer you up:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuPP6LrD3-s

Now if that somehow doesn't cheer you up, then this one should do it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5opOCbT4aoU

Now one or both of those is pretty sure to cheer you up, but if *somehow* neither does, then do a youtube search for flashmob and watch a few of those. They're pretty cool.

Besides, VERY MANY of you should be spending a LOT more time studying English, probably at the expense of the time you spend playing games.

you're means 'you are'.... "your" does not mean this.
    They're means 'they are'... neither "their" nor "there" means this.
    It is 'a lot', not "alot", nor "allot".
    Punctuation and proper capitalization are your friends; start treating them with more respect.
    Numbers are NOT letters. Whoever told you they were was deceiving you.
    That should get some of you pointed in the right direction.

One last video to help cheer you guys up:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlFuRzk8OnU

In fact, the real solution to the Science career should be that whenever somebody rolls up a Sci character and actually starts to play it, the game should change their theme music to that.

the PG *** pron totaly replaced Legacy of romulus. good call?
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bgd3183 wrote: »
    Warp speed to the break room captains before the launch party Bagels disappear!

Tribbles ate those three hours ago. Then some klingons got in and cooked the tribbles into kebabs. They used the kebabs to lure some xindi into the break room and currently two big Gorn have one of the xindi on a spit roast.
  • pwedisplaynamepwedisplayname Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Yes the downtime is annoying, but to be expected on a major release date. This has happened even worse on other mmo's I have played so nothing new here.

I'm really glad I am not a dev, I can tell from playing tribble a lot of hard work went into this update, just to be constantly bashed by all these rude posters. Very immature, and sadly most of them are adults but not acting like one, just constant whining about something we all knew would happen like it does in most mmos.

In my case it's just bad timing. I knew that today would be iffy for server stability, so I waited a while to log in. The start of the emergency maintenance to be exact.

Seeing as this is the only free few hours I'll get this week, not happy.

NOTE: I'm not blaming the Devs for anything, the Beta was really well done. Just irksome on the timing.
  • excoriationexcoriation Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How dare they tweak something new that's just been implemented on a large scale? It's preposterous that they didn't see every single possible variable. Shame on them for wanting to fix their product for half an hour instead of feeding us our video games every hour of every day. 0/10 would not play again.

:P
  • usseagle016usseagle016 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some of you guys obviously need some cheering up. Watch this; it should cheer you up:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuPP6LrD3-s

Now if that somehow doesn't cheer you up, then this one should do it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5opOCbT4aoU

Now one or both of those is pretty sure to cheer you up, but if *somehow* neither does, then do a youtube search for flashmob and watch a few of those. They're pretty cool.

Besides, VERY MANY of you should be spending a LOT more time studying English, probably at the expense of the time you spend playing games.

Punctuation and proper capitalization are your friends; start treating them with more respect.

One last video to help cheer you guys up:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlFuRzk8OnU

In fact, the real solution to the Science career should be that whenever somebody rolls up a Sci character and actually starts to play it, the game should change their theme music to that.
    None of those cheered me up. I'm now frightened and disturbed. IDK What those are. WHY? Must unsee. MUST UNSEE!!
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013

THIS!
    So many people just fail to use decent grammar and spelling nowadays, it's such a shame, I mean, granted if someone from the shakespearian age appeared in our time we'd almost be speaking an alien language and I understand that languages evolve but if a day ever comes when "there" and "your" become words meaning both the original and the alternate spellings of those words, I don't think I want to be around for it.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • chakotay2003chakotay2003 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They did warn us about this, fellow Captains all, and we should not be so critical of Cryptic, as this is an entirely NEW experience for them, being Star Trek Online's first expansion pack.

Everybody CHIILLLLLLLLLLLLLL.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WOW...

The merge lanes are heavy with traffic tonight.

:eek:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When we hit 100 pages, the server will magically come back online.
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • tehepicpwnzertehepicpwnzer Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When we hit 100 pages, the server will magically come back online.
    Are you that guy? Trekkie from youtube?
    Star Wars next?

26th Fleet
    edited May 2013
    When w3e hit 100 pages, the server will magically come back online.

It doesn't count if 3/4's of them are from mergers. :cool:

(I have my threads set to a thirty post count, I'm only up to page twelve.)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to log into Neverwinter, but I can't stop laughing at those of you that are so bent out of shape over this. :D
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • c0mbustiblelemonc0mbustiblelemon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    THIS!
    So many people just fail to use decent grammar and spelling nowadays, it's such a shame, I mean, granted if someone from the shakespearian age appeared in our time we'd almost be speaking an alien language and I understand that languages evolve but if a day ever comes when "there" and "your" become words meaning both the original and the alternate spellings of those words, I don't think I want to be around for it.

Shakespearean*
  • theagoebtheagoeb Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    danthalas wrote: »
    It's a Borg attack!

** YOUR SERVERS WILL BE ASSIMILATED! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE! **

<Flees in terror>
    Oh dear.. he's onto us >.>

I knew all this "Adapted" tech was a bad idea. I knew it! And you all thought me mad!

Mad!

*Sits in corner of galaxy with his Nx class*
    edited May 2013
    Whilst we're still waiting I just thought of another problem I encountered, when creating my Rommie I entered a first, middle and last name, when I began playing they were not there on my bio and it now says it's gonna cost me 1500ec to change... Is this intentional?
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • drew2223drew2223 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could you guys try to think of people like me try to update at night or in the middle of the day because some people have school or work to do during the day. It pisses me off when I can't login and have to wait till tom to login because of updates are so huge and on short notice. Please try to update just a little per day to keep updating and patching times down.
  • sandmahnsandmahn Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    THIS!

You can thank the age of spell check for these issues. It is to the point that spelling and grammar are not taught in schools any longer.
  • pel2pel2 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Darmok and Jilard at.......Oh #$&)(&()#&)%&#&!___#**!!! it...I am verry un happy:(:(
  • trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you that guy? Trekkie from youtube?

I am not. But i have seen his vids.
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xariama wrote: »
    I'd love to log into Neverwinter, but I can't stop laughing at those of you that are so bent out of shape over this. :D

Already in NW and about to hit 55 on my CW! =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brwjames85brwjames85 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know that when you're 12 everything seems like the end of the world... But I promise you that this really isn't that big a deal.

Please grow up.

Or stop posting.

Either one is fine.

preferably both...
    Finally, T6 Fleet sovy! My life is complete!
    edited May 2013
    Whilst we're still waiting I just thought of another problem I encountered, when creating my Rommie I entered a first, middle and last name, when I began playing they were not there on my bio and it now says it's gonna cost me 1500ec to change... Is this intentional?

The Character UI window only shows the Name in the top line of the Character Naming window.

Put the full name you want in the top line.
  • kylan22211kylan22211 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look, I'm bummed that I have to wait longer to start playing LoR again but if it fixes the issues that are keeping me from playing then I am willing to wait. Also, why are people complaining anymore? It's not as if you have to pay to play anymore, I mean sure, you can pay for Gold but you're not forced to do so. They're giving us this game free to play unless you wish to pay to play... isn't that enough?

Great work guys, LoR is great I especially love the new UI!
    edited May 2013
    drew2223 wrote: »
    Could you guys try to think of people like me try to update at night or in the middle of the day because some people have school or work to do during the day. It pisses me off when I can't login and have to wait till tom to login because of updates are so huge and on short notice. Please try to update just a little per day to keep updating and patching times down.

This maint' was not scheduled and therefore could not have been announced ahead of schedule and being a world of players night time is relative, it's currently 2:58am here...
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

• locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its well past the time they stated. so why is the server still down?
This discussion has been closed.