Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance (May 21, 2013 - 6PM - 7:30PM PDT) [Complete!]

Comments

• linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just a Quick Reminder

Link: Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies
    Flaming and/or Trolling
    You may not post content which contains insults to other users or Perfect World Entertainment Staff, are specifically made to create undue discontent on the forums, disturbances in forum threads, pick fights or otherwise promote unfriendly conversation.

Harassing Material
    You may not create posts which contain material that is repetitively insulting, defaming and/or otherwise harassing any other user and/or any PWE employee, officer and/or director.
    While the downtime may be a little inconvenient, please remember that we are all here to have fun. "Star Trek: Online" will be up in no time. After the release of a season or upgrade, the possibility for some tweaks is inevitable. Cryptic is hard at work.
  • captainmarvelushcaptainmarvelush Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    urniv821 wrote: »
    its amazing how ignorant you people are by just calling someone a child or an age range. Can you truly not think of anything better? Better get enrolled into school.

Then act like an adult and people will treat you that way, son.
    Captain of the Thunder and the Lightning

46cq7exrnlgb.jpg
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Inspection/Replacement is not upgrade. If Cryptic/PWI hasn't specifically stated they want their architecture upgraded, it won't be.

Who says they havent upgraded? Who says they arent running state of the art fresh off the shelf hardware?

Have you been in their server room? This is a major corporation. This is their biggest moneymaker. Do you really think they would skimp? Losing subs/money is not good for business. They would invest every penny they could on hardware.

Since the dawn of time the common man has blamed "the hardware" for mmo problems.

It is never/extremely rarely the hardware.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • nuanilnuanil Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Everyone relax, we still have our Boot.ini files.
  • nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ive got chest pain and my arm is numb.

might be better to inform emergency services than the forum wouldnt it:confused:
  • barezubarezu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I admit i'm like a crackhead without my fix but i can do a day without STO.But just a day :)
    Please fix it, thanks for the cool(free) game!!
  • outooffocusoutooffocus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bcbandit wrote: »
    I just found out today is the last day for the Dominion Lock Box and what do I Get?? Down time from the servers..

This is not good, I/We know and expect delays at times BUT when you make a Bad patch why should we lose our chance to get rid of the Dominion Lock Boxes before they are paper weights?

Bummer.

Thats why i have a pile of them in my bank ;)
  • qlark001qlark001 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...alright...everybody take a deep breath

...no dolphins died during the making of this extension...let the kinks get worked out however fretfully the process...its only a paper moon...
  • randolf2randolf2 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    renomiller wrote: »
    I'm pleased with everything I've seen so far, if the downtime makes it better, then go for it. :cool:

Does anyone know whether your Rommie gets access to the fed costume parts once you pick Fed faction? :confused: I hope they do.

Also thanks Cryptic for this much needed update to content, and improved graphics.

yes sort of.
    Empress Sela, was assimulated by the Borg drone named Tasa Yar! :eek:
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just patched 159Mb... (well, it was actually 98Kb that came through)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • danthalasdanthalas Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nuanil wrote: »

^
    This, entirely this...
  • bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    O thank GOD, I was wondering what was going on. I jumped right in after launch and played for a little, and log on and off twice with no problem. Then about an hour later i couldnt connect to the game at all, Hope this Maintenance will solve the problem, thanx Cryptic:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013

lol me too
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • stryider8121stryider8121 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for looking over this matter.. I was/am getting "server timed out" when logging in. I sure hope they test all servers before they come back on,, not just for the unknown error.. please look over the time out problem also..

Thanks
    Stryider :rolleyes:

UFDF
  • urniv821urniv821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Then act like an adult and people will treat you that way, son.

ha.. grow up kid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
  • nuanilnuanil Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    danthalas wrote: »
    ^
    This, entirely this...

I really had a chuckle when CCP gave me a pair of boots.ini (description: HEY! We found them!)
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nalo wrote: »
    might be better to inform emergency services than the forum wouldnt it:confused:

not sure if its a heart attack tho. ive been getting chest pain alot recently.

it doesnt help im over weight and been drinking coffee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patch is downloading for me.
  • qasdwerfqasdwerf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maxuis wrote: »
    This is honestly Bs people have paid you alot of money for this expansion and you didnt take the damn time to even fix the bugs tribble ran the expansion better then this did you even take the damn time to fix the bugs no you didnt I even told a dev of all the bugs and right now I think the beta test was a damn joke fix the damn game and do it now you need to be down for 3 hours instead of one bs bs bs bs or your going to lose alot of people that have poured their hard earn money into it space sets are broken hell the damn game at this is unplayable you better fix it or you will have the fury of public down your throat -_-

Ya but I bet they know what commas and periods are..............just saying. Oh and W.O.W called, they want their moron back......
  • randolf2randolf2 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *sigh* was really looking forward to hopping right on. On the bright side guys, Neverwinter was working last I checked about an hour ago.

Patching Neverwinter now.
    Empress Sela, was assimulated by the Borg drone named Tasa Yar! :eek:
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Me too, used the rerun to stock back up. Currently I have 100 of each box except the new one sitting in my account bank :) So happy they changed to to 20 boxes for 200dil.... 200dil a box was CRAZY!
    edited May 2013
    nuanil wrote: »

I haven't had to wear my boots since early march.

:P
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • soundwisdomsoundwisdom Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who says they havent upgraded? Who says they arent running state of the art fresh off the shelf hardware?

Have you been in their server room? This is a major corporation. This is their biggest moneymaker. Do you really think they would skimp? Losing subs/money is not good for business. They would invest every penny they could on hardware.

Since the dawn of time the common man has blamed "the hardware" for mmo problems.

I don't need to go into their 'server room'. It's a business decision, PWI is a profit-hungry company. It's always been about turning a dime with them. They aren't the company to spend 'extra on the customer'.

If you think any gaming company - ESPECIALLY PWI/Cryptic is running state of the art hardware where 'money is no option' you're just being silly.
  • lazerworxlazerworx Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks for getting on the problems so quickly. Don't fret, most of us know there r problems w/ a launch.
  • theagoebtheagoeb Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Elachi got into the machines, man.

They got into the machines.
    edited May 2013

It's only indigestion...

Just ignore it...

You'll be fine in the morning....

but just in case leave an emergency contact number with us if we don't see you for a week.

:cool:
  • thetraveler82thetraveler82 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dear "cryptic" ones,

Might I inquire: how is it possible that, after so many MONTHS of pre-pre-pre-pre (did I say "pre-"? yes, it's to infinity!)-patching and analyzing DA data for THIS expansion, you guys couldn't come with a *proper* solution to this very simple issue, namely that of a GAME LAUNCHER! O.o It's beyond me, really. And, let's say that I'm not a paying customer / client of your "Cryptic" studio, but how about those of us who DO pay? In the hundreds and thousands of USD / Euro, even!?
    My overall gaming experience for the other day? The one after the coming of DA "shard"? Only error submission alerts while supposedly patching and... BSoDs even though the "Live" server was green lit.

Disappointed. :(
    I love Science! STO science. B)
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I too love posts like the one you quoted, I must be the only person who hasn't been to Cryptic/PW studios, everyone seems to be such an expert on what happens in there.

There's been several times where I've said, even though all answers may point to it being their fault there maybe something beyond their control for EXAMPLE (I use example in big capital letters now as people for some reason assume that it's what I think is happening) a power cut, or their ISP acting up, unless you work for Cyrptic/PW or they actually say what's wrong you'll never know, so....
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Medical staff can diagnose and help with this. Forum people can only sympaphize.
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • luckyatpwc1979luckyatpwc1979 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cant wait to get back to my rom :D from what i have seen looks good
    Been playing for ages and need more coffee
This discussion has been closed.