test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance (May 21, 2013 - 6PM - 7:30PM PDT) [Complete!]

Comments

• happystanhappystan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maxuis wrote: »
    This is honestly Bs people have paid you alot of money for this expansion and you didnt take the damn time to even fix the bugs tribble ran the expansion better then this did you even take the damn time to fix the bugs no you didnt I even told a dev of all the bugs and right now I think the beta test was a damn joke fix the damn game and do it now you need to be down for 3 hours instead of one bs bs bs bs or your going to lose alot of people that have poured their hard earn money into it space sets are broken hell the damn game at this is unplayable you better fix it or you will have the fury of public down your throat -_-

I sincerely hope this was an attempt at humor, because absolutely no one paid a single penny for this expansion. :)
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013

thanks pal
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aelrhiana wrote: »
    *whispers* I think this fella's age level just dropped from 12 to 10.
    Technically he was provoked.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well, no matter what combination of search parameters i used before, i never got more than 400 listings for any item, assuming there were that many to begin with

You used Server Login Battery - Large

This post made my day!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • arathinarathin Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    About time they realized they needed to take the server down again. I've got all 12 fingers crossed that it works after 7:30 PDT

you ONLY have 12......odd :P
  • cptshephardcptshephard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dude, chill out. First off, nobody paid anyone a lot (it's two words) of money for the expansion.

I'd like to have an Alot made of money. :(
  • treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well... at lest there are two things that you can count on in STO ...

1) There will ALWAYS be problems after a major patch.

2) The QQ Trolls will ALWAYS be filling up the forums immediately afterwards.

It is good to see that they at least know about the most major problems,
    have devised a fix, and are currently implementing it. I hope it works. :-)
  • urniv821urniv821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think anyone is happy with the situation, but there's no need to be a jerk about it. Besides, no one is forcing you to play or to spend your precious money on the game.

Ah hem.. you are correct. SO why bother me with a stupid comment?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
  • nopzignopzig Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sometimes it amazes me how arrogant some people can be "I work in software development so I know everything" Hint Hint.

Sorry you guys had problems going live and sometimes it's not your fault I don't know what happened so I'll just assume that you made a honest error and are trying to fix it.

So instead of "wasting my whole night" and blaming it on you I'll go do something else I enjoy like running.

Sorry you guys have to put up with idiot's sometimes you have my respect.

PS I'm a network tech with a CCNA so I may not be as important as a software dev but I do know a little something about these things and sometime TRIBBLE happens and you just do the best with what you got.
  • nagon02nagon02 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HAHAHA! I forgot about that.... yeah, that was fun. I spent a couple of hours trying to find my windows CD.
    I'm still smug about the fact that i was still reading the forums when they noticed the problem :) Didnt have any problems after a quick fix. But oh man ... the forums went nuts ... after people fixed their PCs.
  • hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    renomiller wrote: »
    I'm pleased with everything I've seen so far, if the downtime makes it better, then go for it. :cool:

Does anyone know whether your Rommie gets access to the fed costume parts once you pick Fed faction? :confused: I hope they do.

Also thanks Cryptic for this much needed update to content, and improved graphics.

The Romulans get a romulan federation type uniform
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solonite wrote: »
    I know what you mean man...unfornatly worse for me cause I am in UK, So LoR launch 8pm...11pm still patching from 4pm (even though I have pre-patched 3 times this week)..try logging in and finally get in at 1am.......2am emergency maintence.

Now we have this maintence and I know it's only 1hr 30mins...but come on 03:30!!!

Cryptic not everyone in the world runs on friggin Pacific Time!!

The launch should of been staggered like other MMO's...one less stress on servers and two perhaps everyone on Launch day might get a chance of trying out the new expansion.

This proves to me it's a good thing they're doing this maintenance, I was patching at 6pm (also UK) and was done by 8:30/8:45pm
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • megasilvermegasilver Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Way to go, morons! Thanks to bogging down your servers with Neverwinter, and slowing down the hell out of STO, you basically turned Legacy of Romulus into Error 37. Thanks a lot, scumbags!
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about this big affecting all my bridge officers???

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7nclxzf1mz84ch/Skillsinvalid.png

dude, its just the lag that was making the server not recognize what was going on

like 90 percent of the problems people were complaining about (2 minute zone transits, skills not updating, missions not turning in, and so on) are all based on the same thing, the server was timing out your packet response because it had so many OTHER PEOPLE it was handling at the same time

lag man
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yea problem is this is not the first time this month looks like half of the time it does that lol
  • ravensmithravensmith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Never made it past character select, kept getting loggin errors but from the little bit I saw I was in love :rolleyes: Nice job guys hope its fixed soon...
  • mrjackhammermrjackhammer Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for dealing with this issue so quickly!
  • nick1194nick1194 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when will we know when there done please take note before you answer this question that i'm a console gamer and this is the only MMORPG i play so this is my first time dealing with something like this
  • n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dude, its just the lag that was making the server not recognize what was going on

like 90 percent of the problems people were complaining about (2 minute zone transits, skills not updating, missions not turning in, and so on) are all based on the same thing, the server was timing out your packet response because it had so many OTHER PEOPLE it was handling at the same time

lag man

I hope so..cuz it made me QQ
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
    edited May 2013
    megasilver wrote: »
    Way to go, morons! Thanks to bogging down your servers with Neverwinter, and slowing down the hell out of STO, you basically turned Legacy of Romulus into Error 37. Thanks a lot, scumbags!

I think someone's angry...
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • urniv821urniv821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    megasilver wrote: »

oh.. now people wont troll me.. they will bother you. Sigh.. and I was on a roll. A buttery soft roll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
  • kenlbenkenlben Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I at least made it to level 4, 6 more levels and I get to see what happens with this fleet thing.

Do I like the downtime? no
    Am I going to sit here and complain about it? I could but why waste my breath when I'm only looking at one side of the picture. And have no real control anyway. So I'll wait, If I can get some more play time in after the maintenance is done great. If not, I'll cry and come back tomorrow. :o
  • wolvenshirewolvenshire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patch notes are live: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=693191

Thanks for all the support, Captains! We'll get you back in-game ASAP!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Cool thanks, really want to pilot my Adapted Destroyer. :-)
    @EremiticWolf - Join Date - Oct. 2008
    [
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Waste of a night, try waste of a day! I've been TRIBBLE around with this and waiting since 4:30 pm EST, now it's 9:pm. This is becoming a weekly event with this game. Wasn't the LAST 3 "emergency maintenance" updates suppose to kept this kind of thing from exactly happening?!

Ever took a ride on the EAS TORtanic? The issues here are nothing compared to the TRIBBLE plaguing the history of the TORtanic.

And we can complain about it here. If you comprain about anything over at EA/Biowaru, you may very well get the bannuhammer.
  • solonitesolonite Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Waste of a night, try waste of a day! I've been TRIBBLE around with this and waiting since 4:30 pm EST, now it's 9:pm. This is becoming a weekly event with this game. Wasn't the LAST 3 "emergency maintenance" updates suppose to kept this kind of thing from exactly happening?!
    irwin109 wrote: »
    This proves to me it's a good thing they're doing this maintenance, I was patching at 6pm (also UK) and was done by 8:30/8:45pm

Sounds like you had good luck there....been patching for hours and then took ages to finally login.
  • sarek93sarek93 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, let the forum rage begin. I was on the minute the servers went live and I have to say that stuff has gotten pretty laggy since then. Realistically, it's great that the devs are responding to all the problems this quickly. Would you rather be sitting in front of your computer for an hour watching "Login failed for an unknown reason" and "Server Not Responding" or doing something else for an hour and coming back to a game that (hopefully) won't do that. If you would have rather played the waiting game to see if you could get in past character creation, then all the power to you. I would rather wait 1.5 hours and have a more stable experience.
    "Insufficient facts always invite danger." - Spock
  • danthalasdanthalas Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just have to say this... for the amount of sheer content, improvements and the like.. they did a really good job, servers were up after maintenance without an extension to that maintenance... so i'm confident that once all the kinks are worked out we'll all be having a blast... just now is the QQ phase for everyone to complain about all the imperfections rather than to admire the good things about it, funny how people are more inclined to complain than to give a pat on the back.

I for one, am very pleased with it (most of it at least) and things could be wayyy worse than i think half the people realize
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patch notes are live: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=693191

Thanks for all the support, Captains! We'll get you back in-game ASAP!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I noticed that this patch does not address the skill point issue.

It is a bit hard to play if you cannot spend skill points and it constantly asks you to respec...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited May 2013
    nick1194 wrote: »
    when will we know when there done please take note before you answer this question that i'm a console gamer and this is the only MMORPG i play so this is my first time dealing with something like this

One of three ways to tell, the main page "sever is down/up" image, this thread will close, people will start saying so before the thread is closed.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

• cosmose1cosmose1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    at 10 am server went down its 9:16 pm still down for me glad i spent no money that is all
This discussion has been closed.