test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance (May 21, 2013 - 6PM - 7:30PM PDT) [Complete!]

Comments

• kosgrove1kosgrove1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    derrico1 wrote: »
    i bought the starter pack and it as not under any of the tabs even the bundle tab .. i sent request in and by the time they get back to me it will be next week this is unfair and i feel cheated on this ... i have confirmation number also that proves of payment brandon if you read this please help ... :mad:[/B][/COLOR]

Check your email it will have a line that says you must click here to complete the process
    once you do that you will have an email that tells you it has been activated
  • admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Over an hour...wtf...

I've been in software development for a while and I don't possible see how it could take over an hour(and I'm sure it'll get extended). 10 minutes to reset, 10 minutes to install new codebase to the RC, 10 mins to verify stability.

30 min coffee break? Maybe I come from a different philosophy of customer service, but anytime we have a go-live we have all our engineers on board to correct any unforeseen issues. If I told my clients that it was going to take 6 hours to recognize the problem, then 2 hours to update the interface I wouldn't have a job.

Always amusing when the "I'm an expert in xxxx" brigade comes out and then says something that contradicts any such knowledge or experience.

Also, how are you able to make any judgment on their value of customer service ethos without 1) knowing the issues, and 2) knowing how many staff are working on it?

Yeah it sucks that people are having issues playing a game that they want to, but what benefit does it bring when people without facts make statements as if they are solid truth?
  • wolvenshirewolvenshire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks, not so bad.

I remember a few years ago playing a MMO and after a large expansion. You hit play and it would delete some important windows system files. Had to reinstall Windows. That would ruin your play night.
    @EremiticWolf - Join Date - Oct. 2008
    [
  • nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maxuis wrote: »
    This is honestly Bs people have paid you alot of money for this expansion and you didnt take the damn time to even fix the bugs tribble ran the expansion better then this did you even take the damn time to fix the bugs no you didnt I even told a dev of all the bugs and right now I think the beta test was a damn joke fix the damn game and do it now you need to be down for 3 hours instead of one bs bs bs bs or your going to lose alot of people that have poured their hard earn money into it space sets are broken hell the damn game at this is unplayable you better fix it or you will have the fury of public down your throat -_-

Did you make a new account just to post that? :confused:
    oops post count of two:eek: nvm
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    urniv821 wrote: »
    and to you.. TRIBBLE you sir.. TRIBBLE you. I am allowed to complain.

Another fine example of one of the PvP community.

~shrug~

On a positive note, at least the server is now undergoing the maintenance and it looks good that they are going to get the issues repaired. :) Thanks, Cryptic. I almost thought I was going to have to pay attention to my work or clean house or something constructive tonight. ~whew~ ;)
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fuzzzika wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Do us a favor and never post again.

Please any of the gods who are listening.

Never ever post again!

pls dont tell people what to do
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The QQ in this forum is fricken hilarious. I was able to get in and play my way to level 10 (just about to choose my side before the server came down), and i log in here to see this.

lolz. Play more, whine less.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • kidkamikaze10kidkamikaze10 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for attempting to fix these problems. Launch days are usually the roughest, so it's nice to see that Cryptic wanting to debug so quickly.
  • darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Perhaps replace those old Novell 10MBit coax 16-bit ISA cards in your servers?
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • roman1229roman1229 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dmasterson wrote: »
    Instead of complaining, I'll say this: Thank you guys for fixing things. Most of us appreciate you.
    Here Here!
  • ronintenguronintengu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hagar3 wrote: »
    10 mins to fix the problem, 50 mins to try to restart the servers. If you have been in software development then you should know this. I was in PC and Network repairs and I know this. And when the servers DO start there is the 30 min panic to make sure they stay up. Then the edgy 10 mins of worry, followed by the coffee break/debrief in the canteen while you wait nervously for someone to tell you they are down again. And during that period you panic every-time anyone enters the canteen.

That just about sums up my old job. Thankfully I don't do that anymore. :)
  • whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is realllllly suckssssssssssss
  • leondus70leondus70 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

Thanks for the intel
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meh its 2am UK time so who cares lol its when the magnificent weekly maintenance happens at prime time I get annoyed lol
    JtaDmwW.png
  • hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kosgrove1 wrote: »
    we have maybe 10 minutes before heads start to roll

And eyes have already started rolling lol

Btw. Brandon and team, thanks for doing all you can. Its always a nightmare on the first night of any major project like this. I've seen it enough times myself. So thanks for all your efforts guys.
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • nagon02nagon02 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Over an hour...wtf...

I've been in software development for a while and I don't possible see how it could take over an hour(and I'm sure it'll get extended). 10 minutes to reset, 10 minutes to install new codebase to the RC, 10 mins to verify stability.

30 min coffee break? Maybe I come from a different philosophy of customer service, but anytime we have a go-live we have all our engineers on board to correct any unforeseen issues. If I told my clients that it was going to take 6 hours to recognize the problem, then 2 hours to update the interface I wouldn't have a job.

Are you serious?

If so ....

STEP AWAY FROM THE SERVER, NOW!

If you talk to clients that have the amount of data and traffic that a mmo generates, congrats, else please be quiet and let the devs work.

So far they deployed a 10gb patch, made their schedule with 10 minutes to spare, server was stable for about 1.5h after that (then i headed to the pub for a drink). Then slowly problems cropped up. They already identified the problems and are gonna patch/fix/massage/hit-with-large-hammer them.

I, personally, am bloody impressed so far with the content and the patch. Communications from the people that run it is also better than most MMOs.
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The QQ in this forum is fricken hilarious. I was able to get in and play my way to level 10 (just about to choose my side before the server came down), and i log in here to see this.

thats great but most of us havnt been able to play at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    okay on a side note does Tovan look like Romulan Chakotay with that tattoo?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arathin wrote: »
    I thought I read you had to buy the unlock in the rom rep store to get it wasnt automatic IDK but I thought thats what it said

But most people don't take the time to learn this. Just like taking time to learn that you needed to register that that you bought the legacy pack to get access to it.
    maxuis wrote: »
    This is honestly Bs people have paid you alot of money for this expansion and you didnt take the damn time to even fix the bugs tribble ran the expansion better then this did you even take the damn time to fix the bugs no you didnt I even told a dev of all the bugs and right now I think the beta test was a damn joke fix the damn game and do it now you need to be down for 3 hours instead of one bs bs bs bs or your going to lose alot of people that have poured their hard earn money into it space sets are broken hell the damn game at this is unplayable you better fix it or you will have the fury of public down your throat -_-

Dude, chill out. First off, nobody paid anyone a lot (it's two words) of money for the expansion. It was a free expansion, only thing people paid for here were the legacy and starter packs, which were NOT required to play the expansion. Tribble ran smoother because there was less people on the tribble server then on the live. A lot less people. Sounds to me like they have the fury of you and you alone. They found what was causing the problem, they tested it internally and concluded it will fix the problem and so their fixing it. Relax, grab a beer, watch a movie, take a nap. The world will be fine and you can play soon.
  • urniv821urniv821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

~shrug~

On a positive note, at least the server is now undergoing the maintenance and it looks good that they are going to get the issues repaired. :) Thanks, Cryptic. I almost thought I was going to have to pay attention to my work or clean house or something constructive tonight. ~whew~ ;)

wow man, keep trying.

I HATE pvp and NEVER do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
  • xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited May 2013

~shrug~

lol you dont need an absurd amount of forum posts to be a consistent player of the game.

some people dont even touch the forums but have been playing longer than a lot of people here.
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...and I just got logged in and was about 90% of the way through my character creation!
  • roninfelroninfel Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will this maintenance address the issue of not being able to create a Reman when you have reached tier 5 on the Romulan reputation system and are a silver player?

Did you log in to your lvl 5 Rom Rep character first? you need to for it to give you the reman option for your new rom character.
  • ijaylaijayla Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Very confused as to why I'm getting 'Certain amount of time has passed' messages, though. This may be my first post in this forum, but I've been giving Cryptic/PWI money for this and other games for three years now. I just never had to ask any questions about how the game works, apparently, until now... good job btw :P.

But on topic: Cryptic does good work keeping up with what's wrong with things, I've noticed. Even when dealing with a beta and scooping bad apples out of the woodwork with a metaphorical grapefruit spoon, like something that happened on Sunday over in Neverwinter, really, they could have just wiped it and refunded the Zen. I'm sure of it. People would have understood, and hell, it's a Beta. The idea that we're keeping our characters seems a little silly, doesn't it?

Same here. Game isn't working for some reason: Knock it completely offline to repair what's TRIBBLE up. (I wonder if it was related to my issue getting the update to keep downloading after I logged off?)
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    urniv821 wrote: »
    and to you.. TRIBBLE you sir.. TRIBBLE you. I am allowed to complain.

But aren't other people allowed to complain about you complaining.

And can't forget the meta-complaining.

BRB, going to watch Inception.
  • nuanilnuanil Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013

Just because you could get logged in doesn't mean others could. You got lucky, lots of people got a bum deal, but really, people shouldn't expect to play within the first 72 hours of any expansion release for any mmo. To expect otherwise is to display one's own ignorance and inability to recall any other expansion for any other mmo ever created. this is all par for the course. Mayhaps some of you should go and get some sunshine.
  • delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Took you guys long enough to realize your servers needed maintenance.

Hell, I could have told you that 3 hours ago.
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jake477 wrote: »
    okay on a side note does Tovan look like Romulan Chakotay with that tattoo?

Hahaha yes!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any word if this will fix the transwarp issue? IE No transwarp to Tau Dewa? Even with T5 rep.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=10130131#post10130131

Brandon, I realize you're putting out many fires, but please let us know.

Thanks!
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • thokstathoksta Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol see how much faster we + the forum pages on these when its unscheduled maintenance as opposed to scheduled ?
    I'll Have Ten Chocolate Sundaes.
    tumblr_n0u8f6dVVb1svlvsyo2_500.gif
    I'm in a really bad mood.
This discussion has been closed.