test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance (May 21, 2013 - 6PM - 7:30PM PDT) [Complete!]

Comments

• lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited May 2013
    Over an hour...wtf...

I've been in software development for a while and I don't possible see how it could take over an hour(and I'm sure it'll get extended). 10 minutes to reset, 10 minutes to install new codebase to the RC, 10 mins to verify stability.

30 min coffee break? Maybe I come from a different philosophy of customer service, but anytime we have a go-live we have all our engineers on board to correct any unforeseen issues. If I told my clients that it was going to take 6 hours to recognize the problem, then 2 hours to update the interface I wouldn't have a job.

You also seem not to have worked with large databases. They can take hours to start. Really large one days.
  • dmastersondmasterson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Instead of complaining, I'll say this: Thank you guys for fixing things. Most of us appreciate you.
  • fyathyriofyathyrio Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Over an hour...wtf...

I've been in software development for a while and I don't possible see how it could take over an hour(and I'm sure it'll get extended). 10 minutes to reset, 10 minutes to install new codebase to the RC, 10 mins to verify stability.

30 min coffee break? Maybe I come from a different philosophy of customer service, but anytime we have a go-live we have all our engineers on board to correct any unforeseen issues. If I told my clients that it was going to take 6 hours to recognize the problem, then 2 hours to update the interface I wouldn't have a job.

You have to remember... they are in California.... they have weird labor laws.
    The Shepard's Prayer:

"Oh Lord, Please don't let me F-up"
  • wzzupp549wzzupp549 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    u could try reinstalling the driver only to the vid card without Catalyst control center, it does sound like a software trying to interfere with the game
    or maybe in application specific 3d options in CCC, change everything to application controlled?
    kaelas wrote: »
    I'm still having the can't change resolution problem from about a year ago, been waiting for that one to be fixed. In windowed mode can't change resolution without crash either. But I've been gone from game for a while and can't remember the workaround for it. I think it was a setting in AMD Catalyst but that needs to finally be 100% fixed.
  • maxuismaxuis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is honestly Bs people have paid you alot of money for this expansion and you didnt take the damn time to even fix the bugs tribble ran the expansion better then this did you even take the damn time to fix the bugs no you didnt I even told a dev of all the bugs and right now I think the beta test was a damn joke fix the damn game and do it now you need to be down for 3 hours instead of one bs bs bs bs or your going to lose alot of people that have poured their hard earn money into it space sets are broken hell the damn game at this is unplayable you better fix it or you will have the fury of public down your throat -_-
    lXShadowXl
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Alright, keep calm and flutter on, everypony!

Just follow the nice Khellids. :D
  • roman1229roman1229 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Iconians' treachery will not stand. They will be found...and destroyed.
  • arathinarathin Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I haven't had to reformat my hard drive once with this one.

roflmao lemme guess eve online?
  • xsharpexxsharpex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aren't exchange listings supposed to be capped at 400?

lol. should be but aren't! you'd know that if you actually got on and saw.
  • nuanilnuanil Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I haven't had to reformat my hard drive once with this one.

As long as this isn't like the Eve Online expansion that toasted the windows boot.ini file, it will not be the worst ever expansion pack ever.
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its not bad, general peformance like making a full turn in your first bird of prey when your in full weapon mode......

thats for starters

anyways i wanted to be Tac anyway instead of science guy but ill give it a go.

good oppertunity for me to update itunes get my STO playlist back online starting with my BSG theme 1978.....perfect for a colony lost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • ronintenguronintengu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Over an hour...wtf...

More like, 10 minutes to reset, 10 minutes to install new codebase to the RC, 60 minutes because the user database needs to rebuild accross the cluster, 10 mins to verify stability, 10 minutes for the launcher to download the patch.
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sad that the exchange could be lagging stuff so badly, 90% of the players are there now hitting refresh constantly.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • urniv821urniv821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know that when you're 12 everything seems like the end of the world... But I promise you that this really isn't that big a deal.

Please grow up.

Or stop posting.

Either one is fine.

bite me jrk off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
  • hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Over an hour...wtf...

10 mins to fix the problem, 50 mins to try to restart the servers. If you have been in software development then you should know this. I was in PC and Network repairs and I know this. And when the servers DO start there is the 30 min panic to make sure they stay up. Then the edgy 10 mins of worry, followed by the coffee break/debrief in the canteen while you wait nervously for someone to tell you they are down again. And during that period you panic every-time anyone enters the canteen.
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • poppawoodiepoppawoodie Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks for hopping on it. been looking forward to this since i tasted it on tribble. ill wait till u fix it patiently. and thx again for getting on it quickly
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More time to decide on whether I want to grind Nukara marks, or level my Romulan :D
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jackokasonjackokason Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well holodeck may be on the fritz but tribble is where I will be.
    Michel "Mic" Nardy
    Fleet Admiral
    Task Force Omega
    United Federation of Planets
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    urniv821 wrote: »
    bite me jrk off.

12 was a huge overestimation for this kid ~chuckles~
  • gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Longer open beta

Letting us test everything (surprises are nice, but they can break stuff)

^not 100% guarantee it won't bug.... but I'm sure it would help
  • urniv821urniv821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    proof that ignorance is bliss.

you sit on your TRIBBLE complaining and blaming them for issues that come with EVERY game and nothing is perfect...

they're actually doing their job and brought us a HUGE content update that has been needed for quite sometime and all's you can do is whine about it.

if you can't accept that with every LARGE patch to a game issues arise then you shouldn't be playing online games in general.

anyway OT: good job guys glad to see you'll be fixing it, 2 am here but i can stay up :) got nothing to do tomorrow so :P

and to you.. TRIBBLE you sir.. TRIBBLE you. I am allowed to complain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
  • derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i bought the starter pack and it as not under any of the tabs even the bundle tab .. i sent request in and by the time they get back to me it will be next week this is unfair and i feel cheated on this ... i have confirmation number also that proves of payment brandon if you read this please help ... :mad:[/B][/COLOR]
  • holibrae581#2435 holibrae581 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It sucks that the server is going down but thank you for fixing this as fast as you guys/gals can. I appreciate all that you do to make STO great.

On a side note, I love the expansion so far. It's a ton of fun.
    Zadesca - 23c Andorian Eng Officer
    Raychul - Remen Sci Officer
    Lumba - Ferengi Eng Officer
    Vadesca - Orion Eng Officer
    AKA: Yavin_Prime
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wondered how long it would take. Was getting tired of everything taking forever.

Get this done so I can go play more, plz. :cool:
  • bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To all the whiners, chill out. At least here they seem to be a bit more expedite with their customer service than in other MMOs. And I'm not talking out of my TRIBBLE, because I went through some TRIBBLE over in Star Wars The Old Republic when they had Game 2.1 Customization patch issues which were not fixed until the very next day.

Here they seem to be a bit more on top of things so consider us lucky that the devs here are more pro-active then in other games, like SWTOR.
  • jrm231jrm231 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok, yes, please fix the issue, I am curious as to what to expect, plus I have an un unfinished mission :-)
  • kosgrove1kosgrove1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    idrona wrote: »
    Patience - Check
    Understanding - Check
    :)

hell yea me too.

we have maybe 10 minutes before heads start to roll
  • arathinarathin Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maxuis wrote: »
    This is honestly Bs people have paid you alot of money for this expansion and you didnt take the damn time to even fix the bugs tribble ran the expansion better then this did you even take the damn time to fix the bugs no you didnt I even told a dev of all the bugs and right now I think the beta test was a damn joke fix the damn game and do it now you need to be down for 3 hours instead of one bs bs bs bs or your going to lose alot of people that have poured their hard earn money into it space sets are broken hell the damn game at this is unplayable you better fix it or you will have the fury of public down your throat -_-

what paid for expansion????? I paid nothing for this expansion it was free now I didnt buy a goodie pack(leg or starter) also making threats is silly if you have played online games you KNOW EVERY game has issues on launch day and expansion launches so sit back calm down and take a deep breath it will be alright geesh folks

BTW Cryptic team keep up the good work and thank you for all you do to keep this game running which seems it can be a somewhat thankless job
  • fuzzzikafuzzzika Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maybe you could pass thins along to cryptic and pwe, move champions and neverwinter to their own hardware instead of shards on stos server.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Do us a favor and never post again.

Please any of the gods who are listening.

Never ever post again!
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i guess i'll play STO tomorrow at least i got my guy started.....fun while it lasted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
This discussion has been closed.