test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• hiveman5hiveman5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I login... Crystal Ball Appears... I'm sensing a list... A list of characters... A character list! (picks character)...

I am sensing a map... some kind of map... The picture is hazy... I've lost the signal... My crystal ball failed to unknown error... I sense frustration!
    The Galaxy needs you to fight the Iconians and their Heralds in order to protect our interests and freedoms in the Galaxy. Join the fight in the Herald/Iconian War today! :cool:
  • greuceangreucean Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maverick65 wrote: »
    I think we should form a class action lawsuit against these bozo's that can't deliver on a game they promise as being this and that....enough is enough...we should demand a refund of every dollar we've spent on this BS then play Battlefield 3......

Deceptive Trade Practices

Citizens in action ftw!!!

How about NO
  • garakfan84garakfan84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    velqua wrote: »
    Can someone please call MacGyver to fix this sheet!?

Yes please! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • taylor248taylor248 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issues as everyone else - no joy... :(

Gee... who would have guessed. Oh, that's right; everyone did.
  • martagonmartagon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More duct tape needed!!!
  • blueleader533blueleader533 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ive got the same thing. It gets all the way to Retrieving Character List and then dies with "login failed for unknown reason". Lol me saying so doesn't do anything except it might delay me throwing a chair for a little while.
  • xxbrentisbeastxxxxbrentisbeastxx Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daskippa wrote: »
    Ahhhhhh my eyes are bleeding KHAAAAaaaaannnn

LOL what else can we do, besides scream KHHHAAAANNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Saddle up. Lock and load." - Data

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • saladinbobsaladinbob Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Six hours to patch, finally log in and I find my missions has reset back to the very beginning, all progress lost. Then to add insult to injury, I loose connection to the server and can't log back in again.

I recently came back after long break (I played the Beta and a few weeks after) and I said this at the time and I'll say this again. Giving Cyrptic this licence was the biggest mistake Viacom ever made. They are just not equipped to handle a licence of this popularity. Flame me if you like for this opinion but the proof is there to see every peak time log in, every patch day (and that's before I start on the actual in-game issues such as comically bad animations and voice acting).
  • oowoonoowoon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The server tribbles should be replaced, with J.J. TRIBBLES!
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL what else can we do, besides scream KHHHAAAANNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaka when the walls fell
  • acavalloacavallo Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I knew it was going to be a bumpy day, but honestly this is different than I expected. I hope it gets resolved soon... I pay for this game...I admit to major frustration, but mostly because I am excited for the new content.
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SO, Was it just me on WOW and EVE when they had their massive crashes AFTER A LIVE RELEASE UPDATE?

People don't like to mention the Eve patch that managed to destroy people's ability to boot their computer.

That said, people are upset because it's not working, and it's really just an emotional response that has its roots in justification. Let the folks steam and boil over, if it bugs ya, well, you can not read the thread :).
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,436 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    macdude22 wrote: »
    This. The Medical probes are nice but hardly necessary. Exactly the sort of thing I would expect them to give free to subscribers and charge F2P players for.
    On the other hand, you have to pay to use the mail system, which is when I checked out of it.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unkoala wrote: »
    Seriously, nobody expected all this problems? If every time its the same with Cryptic.
    Every new season, every new special feature (winter event) Every new game (Neverwinter beta) we have the SAME problems.
    Because its the same problems every time... and we complain the same every time... its a game.

*waves hand furiously above head*
    I predicted it!

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10088791&postcount=1
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • xsxbxelementalxsxbxelemental Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well i still get stuck at retr char but now its at least telling me its timeing out
  • jackokasonjackokason Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no as I was on tribble and was able to remake a klingon, fed and romulan from scratch. so ifyou want some experience tribble is it.

plus we moved from login error to connection time out so thats a plus. Otherwise I'm gonna go back to tribble and raise my characters.
    Michel "Mic" Nardy
    Fleet Admiral
    Task Force Omega
    United Federation of Planets
  • raginghate1raginghate1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let me guess, someone stole your sweet roll.
  • saberythsaberyth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the upside, at least I was able to finish the patch in a reasonable amount of time once they fixed that particular problem...
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SO, Was it just me on WOW and EVE when they had their massive crashes AFTER A LIVE RELEASE UPDATE? This is the first LIVE RELEASE UPDATE!! IT was still beta before now. The legacy of Romulus is the First chapter of the continuation of the story where the movies left off. IS anyone else up to date? WOW..... I feel like I was walking through a mental ward with some of the talking. To talk about it as if it is a surprise the launch failed, we knew it would have an issue, we knew it would be needing an update to fix the "hiccups" and we all talked about it. SHEESH ..... way to tell the team they are appreciated for even creating the stuff for you to see on the tribble. The TEST server is a PREVIEW PLAYER FOR CONTENT people. It means you TEST the ITEMS THEY ARE PROGRAMMING FOR MAJOR UPDATES AND CONTENT. As the flight path of a ship is already programmed, and marked and all they have to do is make a skin to cover the codes it is not listed as a MAJOR CHANGE.

IF you want to quit, fine, however you miss out on the real game. I have had the patience to deal with this for years on other games after they were doing EXPANSION UPDATES and were down for MONTHS!!! STO gets back up within hours to days and WOW took SIX MONTHS to UPDATE!! You think this is complaining, they didn't even have a support like the forum to even get an explanation. You just got a *the game is temporarily unavailable and we are working to restore it. We are sorry for the inconvience."

I feel like most come on here to do what they do just because they want the game to fail and the team to lose hope and quit. Lucky for you people like me will be here to tell them as the one in the hundreds of posts that I believe in the job they do and I appreciate them. Instead of Thanking them for responding quickly and politely telling them you are awaiting an answer to see if there is a solution, you act like they took your cellphone and threw it in the water. *shaking head* Would you want to recieve that kind of flack if you were doing your job? Would you like to hear what you are saying for doing what was told for a way to earn the money they use to feed their kids? Less we forget, they have family as well and with that comes the sacrifice they make to make you happy and the LAST thing I see on here is a THANK YOU FOR THE ANSWER!. I am at least happy they were nice enough to say they were working on it. WOW took TWO WEEKS to say ANYTHING!!! That is why I am here!!!! I will stay here, I like the game and I like the way the staff replies and works.

The feedback pages are excellent as well. Here you get to help write the game, and again you complain about what you don't get or can't do or want... post it as a suggestion in a positive way instead of saying "EPIC FAIL" and see if they respond better... consider it a challenge. I would love to see the forum rants be more suggestions and talking of what worked for others. That would mean we are all ADULTS like we show our kids to be. *shaking head* to think some teenager can see these adult members demand the answer and treat everyone like trash means they follow the example... Would you want them doing the programming in the game after they saw you acting that way to model the behavior in turn to give you that kind of customer service and say" you get what you give" LOLOLOLOL

VIXEN It's Rei! :D Good to see ya!

As you can see, she just fired off the Threadnaughts Spinal Wall of Text Lance. :D

An the march to 2000 posts continues :P
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited May 2013
    Ssssssssss!

bpharma does the snake dance!

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow...now trying to go back through pages in forums and im getting database error...lol. The hamsters are dying left and right
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • belldandy01belldandy01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nagyervin wrote: »
    I wonder why the queue isn't working (i might have missed the post about that). I'm f2p, so i expected to be queued in some 10K-ish position. That's supposed to be in place to help Golds log in earlier.

I call Bull**** on that rumor I'm a Lifer and I can't get to the Character Select Screen and Log on.
  • lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No one who has been regularly playing the last month *didn't* see this coming.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daskippa wrote: »
    Shaka when the walls fell

GJ on being the 100th person to say that. :rolleyes:
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • itsfr0s7yitsfr0s7y Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure would be nice to play sometime today.
  • mwildermwilder Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    Damn you man. This is exactly what has just happened to me. I was playing happily when my game got stuck at a loading screen and I had to force the system to close.

Try to log back in - BOOM. Login Failed.

The unwashed masses are clogging the tubes. Back! Back I say! We must hold the line against the vile peasants!

The line must be drawn hereeeee, and no farther!!!! :mad:
    Liberty Task Force
    "Liberty, Equality, Justice, Peace & Cooperation"

http://www.libertytaskforce.com
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GJ on being the 100th person to say that. :rolleyes:

Only 100? :( we need a better add campaign
  • adon333adon333 Member Posts: 304
    edited May 2013
    Coming Soon!! $49.99 USD for PREMIUM StarTrek Online INSTANT ACCESS!!

You wanted us to spend some of the millions and millions of US dollars we have been leeching from you... well now we have..... ONLY $49.99 to access our "newer" server <that we bought for 4 grand> and bypass that annoying little problem of not being able to play for 2 weeks after every update and expac. Just send all of your check and/or money orders to: Someplace in China. Thank you for playing....that is, if you buy the premium access <Cuts away to evil Chinese man laughing manically in the background>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, that's right.
  • karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    On the upside, probably now no one can log into CO or Neverwinter either.

I am playing #neverwinter right now. With my new cat cape from the catastrophe!
  • lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I call Bull**** on that rumor I'm a Lifer and I can't get to the Character Select Screen and Log on.

me either.
This discussion has been closed.