What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus - Legacy and Starter Pack FAQ

Comments

• Options
    marcoppolomarcoppolo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone having trouble with character retrieval ? It all loads up but says ''login failed for unknown reasons'' whilst retrieving my characters (which never shows them). Nice view of New Romulus though. :D May have to wait tomorrow too play, Cryptic servers fried with green flames and smoke .

Yes, same here... sadly.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone having trouble with character retrieval ? It all loads up but says ''login failed for unknown reasons'' whilst retrieving my characters (which never shows them). Nice view of New Romulus though. :D May have to wait tomorrow too play, Cryptic servers fried with green flames and smoke .

That would be me.

I finished downloading, tried to check to see if anything needed to be downloaded for Tribble before I logged in then the launcher crashed. I tried to relogin and it refused to accept my password. Then I closed it, reopened it and a script failed and I couldn't see anything. Then I closed it reopened it, password accepted, the launcher didn't fully come back up, but I could login. Then once the game loaded, "login failed for unknown reasons"

I love launch days :D
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    nierionnierion Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think Cryptic need to invest some money into their servers because this is the worst launch I have seen for new content or any kind of content from a company. With the money and support that's backing them, there is just no reason this should be happening. I've got members in my fleet being told the servers are full.

Come on Cryptic, stop running more than one game on a server. Jeez.
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
  • Options
    scarlet0nescarlet0ne Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic is being very quiet of this whole 'unable to login' issue. A status update saying they at least understand there is a problem would be nice.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xero328 wrote: »
    Lifer since beta, spent a fortune on the game thus far, and was not able to tribbletest the romulan faction. I was not "chosen" this time, so i will probably lose out on the tribble prie that will be given out in a few months...So I will be complaining about that, as a collector.

Further, I bought the Legacy pack the first week it was out. Now they added a ship to it. So I have to buy it separately now? That is dirty pool. Oh, and since I am not able to test, I have no practical experience to use or any idea what to expect, except from watching vids and hearing about it secondhand. Not right, man...

Finally, the 6 hour wait is over...But I have been patching for awhile now. The first 1/2 hour, I got to 5%...Figured maybe it was my cpu, so I restarted from DOS. Nope. Been 1/2 hour again, and am at 5%. So this means I waited 6 hours and can wait the rest of today to PATCH, then maybe I can play. But wait, isn;t there another patch on Thursday? Great. I can wait some more then. And with all the issues in the past weeks, I think it's right to complain about this.

Brandon, devs, guys, try to remember what it was like before you were programmers...Pretend to be a lowly PLAYER for a minute or two, and sympathize with me. Would you be frustrated?
    If I may ease some of your concerns.

The Tribble test reward simply required one hour of play on Tribble during that weekend. It did not require you to play as a Romulan as there was new content and systems for the Federation and Klingon players to test as well.

Secondly as they have repeatedly stated, if you bought the Legacy Pack, then you get everything in the Legacy pack. And the stuff they added after you bought it is also in the Legacy pack that you bought. Added stuff with no more problems for you.

Everything else....well that's just bloody patience. Pull up a chair with the rest of us, it looks like it's gonna be a wait comrade.
    nierion wrote: »
    I think Cryptic need to invest some money into their servers because this is the worst launch I have seen for new content or any kind of content from a company. With the money and support that's backing them, there is just no reason this should be happening. I've got members in my fleet being told the servers are full.

Come on Cryptic, stop running more than one game on a server. Jeez.

Funny thing. I was watching and reading up on Microsoft's launch announcement of the Xbox One. Now one thing that jumped out at me. The Xbox 360's version of Xbox Live runs on 15,000 servers. Apparently, Xbox One is going to up the ante....to 300,000 servers. Talk about an upgrade. But it's also going to use the Cloud heavily so I guess it makes sense.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    lucretius8181lucretius8181 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    scarlet0ne wrote: »
    Cryptic is being very quiet of this whole 'unable to login' issue. A status update saying they at least understand there is a problem would be nice.

I Would not be surprised if they are prioritizing their investment fans who purchased LoR first. Hmmmnn maybe that money will go to a new server.
  • Options
    ehlimehlim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xero328 wrote: »
    Lifer since beta, spent a fortune on the game thus far, and was not able to tribbletest the romulan faction. I was not "chosen" this time, so i will probably lose out on the tribble prie that will be given out in a few months...So I will be complaining about that, as a collector.

Further, I bought the Legacy pack the first week it was out. Now they added a ship to it. So I have to buy it separately now? That is dirty pool. Oh, and since I am not able to test, I have no practical experience to use or any idea what to expect, except from watching vids and hearing about it secondhand. Not right, man...

Finally, the 6 hour wait is over...But I have been patching for awhile now. The first 1/2 hour, I got to 5%...Figured maybe it was my cpu, so I restarted from DOS. Nope. Been 1/2 hour again, and am at 5%. So this means I waited 6 hours and can wait the rest of today to PATCH, then maybe I can play. But wait, isn;t there another patch on Thursday? Great. I can wait some more then. And with all the issues in the past weeks, I think it's right to complain about this.

Brandon, devs, guys, try to remember what it was like before you were programmers...Pretend to be a lowly PLAYER for a minute or two, and sympathize with me. Would you be frustrated?
    Um... the Tribble test was open to everyone. You didn't have to be "chosen" for it.

Furthermore, of course, and very much naturally, you will get the latest things added to the legacy pack, the bonus is retroactive.

That being said, I too am experiencing very slow patching. I thought I avoided the problem prepatching 9 GB of stuff the day before yesterday, but was not enough apparently, lol

Keep it up guyz, thank you

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I didn't have too many issues patching in fact it was done in under an hour, but I was Tribble testing, and apparently most of the code from Tribble simply copied over to Holodeck, I ended up only downloading maybe 500 mb max.

But afterwards..."unable to login for unknown reasons" right before the character select screen. The joy of the first day. Murphy's Law lives on.
  • Options
    sandmahnsandmahn Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like you lateset patch should have stayed in beta another week, judging by all the failed log in attempts
  • Options
    sirricwinsirricwin Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sandmahn wrote: »
    Looks like you lateset patch should have stayed in beta another week, judging by all the failed log in attempts

Nothing to do with the patch. Its down to shoddy hardware which cant handle the load.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    st3a1th2st3a1th2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't login
  • Options
    austg76austg76 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well i have tried like 3 times after patching and no success....an unknown issue sounds like Q
    What a World...Server Crash...Respawn....borg Invades ...Respawn...
  • Options
    lifer1lifer1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I logged in and received the patch, but cannot get into the game or retreive my character list. A message pops up that login failed for an unknown reason.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sirricwin wrote: »
    Nothing to do with the patch. Its down to shoddy hardware which cant handle the load.

If there few players then adding a new server should more than cover the player load. If there are many many players, then adding a new server is practically required to handle the server load. Either way, adding a new server is a good idea.
  • Options
    poppawoodiepoppawoodie Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah im having an issue logging in also. tells me cannot login for an unknown reason..lol sorry thats not helpful.lol
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sirricwin wrote: »

So with this patch they switched over to new servers, or are you saying that they have always been on P.O.S. servers?
  • Options
    ds9cmdrds9cmdr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok so I just finished the patch for today (5/21/13) however, now that it is finished patching, the game locks up at the Legacy of Romulus Loading screen. Is there anyone else having this issue, or know of a way to fix it?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    We are all waiting to be let back on, likely the issue with the missing character slots is causing the downtime.
  • Options
    euar0euar0 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Q: I thought that you could unlock the Reman playable species in-game?
    A: Yes, this is accurate. From the Legacy of Romulus Ask Cryptic: "Reman species are an account unlocked reward that will be added to the New Romulus Reputation or available for purchase." The Reman playable species can be purchased via the Legacy Pack or in the C-Store once Legacy of Romulus launches on 5/21.

Bought Legacy pack .. the above is INaccurate as of launch.
    Remans are not an option for character creation.

Edit
    After creating a character and getting my pack for the 2nd character, now it is working.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    a2754 wrote: »
    Instead of making smart *** comments...why not offer up an idea on how one could fix the problem, but I guess trolling is so much more fun....save your energy for trolling the Dev.'s as they clearly have dropped the ball yet again.

Anyhow I for one don't have "Shoddy" hardware to contend with so I would like a mature, intelligent reason for the log in issues.
    I believe he was specifically referring to Cryptic having servers that can't handle the load, rather than any issues with the player's computers.
  • Options
    ehlimehlim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just a quick update, from half an hour or so the patching has been ok again, good speed and done patching now.

I cannot still login though, due to the "login failed for unknown reason" error.

It's late for me, I'll go to bed, see you in game tomorrow!

Jolan'Tru!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sirricwinsirricwin Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a2754 wrote: »
    Instead of making smart *** comments...why not offer up an idea on how one could fix the problem, but I guess trolling is so much more fun....save your energy for trolling the Dev.'s as they clearly have dropped the ball yet again.

Anyhow I for one don't have "Shoddy" hardware to contend with so I would like a mature, intelligent reason for the log in issues.

Funny how I was laughing with my fleet last night that there would be issues....glad that as a LTM & Legacy Pack owner I wasn't proven wrong.....wtg PWE/Cryptic...

I hope you plan on offering a better product if you plan on having people spend hard earned money on your game.....the game is quickly becoming "Star Trek Offline"....I think it's about time you get your heads into the game & really fix your issues...

Instead of always saying sorry for your mistakes...why not take steps in assuring that they don't happen in the first place.

And still 4hrs almost after servers came back online no posted solution for log in issues nor a mention that you're working on it...again wtg Dev.'s !!!

Lol kid, grow up. If you think I'm a troll, you need to look in the mirror.

I'm also a Lifetime subscsriber and pre-purchased LoR, so dont try throwing that around in peoples face. You are not the only one who is being crippled even though you should have priority login access...

I was refering to the servers which clearly can not handle the player load.
    It took me an hour to get online, about 6 minutes of which was downloading the patch.

PWE need to allow Cryptic to increase both the servers capability and the bandwidth for their games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, the prepatch apparently worked out for me. Took a few minutes for it to verify the stuff I already had, downloaded an additional 350 Mb or so, and launched just fine! Now stuck with an overloaded login server. :(
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • Options
    kevkla1269kevkla1269 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i just loged in to the game and got error message is siad it timed out for unknown reason
  • Options
    glitterthornglitterthorn Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kevkla1269 wrote: »
    i just loged in to the game and got error message is siad it timed out for unknown reason

America is awake...?

;)
    A Mirror Universe ship is for life - not just for Alpha.
    Support T5-U Upgrades for Mirror Ships.
  • Options
    kamencankamencan Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    America is awake...?

;)

At last time when many players wanted log in we had waiting list. Why not now Cryplik? I am happy that for such "services" I did not pay a cent.:(:confused:
  • Options
    fyathyriofyathyrio Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wouldnt it make sense to bring down the server until they discover, and fix the issue. All I'm doing now is chatting on TS with all the other individuals waiting to get this problem of logging in fixed.

...call me a maverick
    The Shepard's Prayer:

"Oh Lord, Please don't let me F-up"
  • Options
    daxisildaxisil Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    :mad:..one word...:unplayable!!!!!
  • Options
    bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kamencan wrote: »
    At last time when many players wanted log in we had waiting list. Why not now Cryplik? I am happy that for such "services" I did not pay a cent.:(:confused:

This is the only appropriate response to the above quote.
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
This discussion has been closed.