test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• jaegernljaegernl Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like turtles.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Devotion Paladin
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic needs 3 servers for its 3 games.

STO+CO+NW = Huge disaster for the overworked server.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tom40s wrote: »
    is this going to happen every time they update something, we will never get to play again.

This happens EVERY time. Next time we should all just not log in until the day after a big update, that will mix things up a bit ;):D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing ever changes... except man. Your technical accomplishments? Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man... and you gain a thousandfold.

Cryyyyppppppttttttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccccccc!
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
  • nikkobrisbanenikkobrisbane Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nicha0 wrote: »
    On the 20th try I got in, it took 15s+ me to pick a different character. When I started to load, I got to 94.14 and then server not responding, timed out.. now back to unknown reason

Same thiing s happening to me now lol except at 94.10%
  • azntrigboiazntrigboi Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    idrona wrote: »
    Chill guys. :)

The only thing that would make me go grr is if we got a rollback and had to start from level 1 again.

Dude...don't even mention a rollback. That ain't funny. :mad: ...because anything's possible...:(
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jaegernl wrote: »
    I like turtles.

They smell though. :)
    signwidrona.png
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    u guys have been testing this ????? for how long?????and now these bugs appear ???tell you what ...yank out the patch and let us play ......:mad:

Some bugs only appear when you get a massive influx of 100 thousand people all attempting to do the same thing at the same time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • gooru11gooru11 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jackokason wrote: »
    work in progress shown above in the gold. Both tech team here and at PWE are aware as I have posted updates on what I try here and there.

Just wanted to throw this in I have installed the newest launcher as well so its not that being outdated. I hope they figure it out soon.
    SOFOP STO Fleet officer
  • ursansnowursansnow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No really. I expect launch day problems, but 4 hours is a little much, even for a major revamp.
  • pogmahone70pogmahone70 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Divine Protectorate Gaming
    STO Beta Tester and Original Cryptic user
  • vodalokvodalok Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now, I've frequently been very critical of Cryptic and PWE, even to the point of being rude and insulting (sorry), but even I have to let them have the benefit of the doubt here.

I mean, LOOK at the release notes. This thing involved some HUGE changes and additions. That said, I'm not sure how long things have been down, so I'm not as annoyed as some may be. Either way, I know they're trying to get it fixed asap, and I'm inclined to let them have the time they need.

Cut them some slack.

well said mojo jojo.
  • timm4444timm4444 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ggg247 wrote: »
    They've been working 6+ days a week for months trying to put together the best game possible for us to play. I'm sure they're doing their best to get whatever problems have cropped up fixed ASAP.

Let's cut them a little slack, guys.

It is PWE and Cryptics responsibility (like any good company) to deliver what they promised on time and functional.

If you went and bought a new couch and it was delivered on time, but with only 2 legs would you say "Oh that's ok, I know you guys worked hard to get me my couch so having it all slanted is fine just hurry and rush out that "fix."

No, you would not.

So why is it ok for PWE/Cryptic to deliver a broken product?

And if you say "But all games are bugged at release nowadays, so that makes it fine."

Well, your part of the problem. . .
  • m1993maestrom1993maestro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think subscription has anything to do with it. I'm a 200 day subscriber and have the same issue as everyone else. I think it's just a problem with not all the servers working right.
    "Music is the single most powerful force in the universe"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A few people have activated a [Nerd Rage Battery - Large]
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This happens EVERY time. Next time we should all just not log in until the day after a big update, that will mix things up a bit ;):D

Or conversely not pay anything till an update is stable, bet they get the corn cob out then
  • jonascarlsonjonascarlson Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks, and we'll see you in-game!

- The Star Trek Online Team -

Yeah, Thanks. I wish... Now if only WE could loggin to play.
  • coresystemcoresystem Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh god...theres only so much mindless pap I can watch on telly..please fix the game..quickly..:)
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know if it's related, but after I was logged in and tried to play one of my characters, I got sent back to the login screen with this:

Got duplicate LOGIN_SUCCESS.

I simply supplied my password and logged in again, then I could play, so no idea what the issue was.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    First I got the long download and patch issue, no big deal, only a 2 hour deal. Now I've been trying to log on for an 1 3/4 hours. It's 6:40 pm EST now. When I first tried to log in, I got a message stating that I was #59 of 1174 in a queue... When did this start? All the years I've played this game, never have I had to wait in a queue. Seriously, it's not like they got a million new people logging on... I don't remember seeing anything about a new queue system. After a 15 minute wait, it finally looked like I was going to get on until I got a "server not responding message". After 250+ seconds it logged in to the game. I wasn't logged on for more than 5 minutes when I got discounted. Since then I haven't been able to get on, now I get a "Login failed for unknown reasons". I've tried for at least 45 minutes now and all I get is the same thing over and over. I thought all those server upgrades and the resent downtime was to avoid all these problems at launch. I think if there's going to be a waiting queue, paying players should get some sort of priority.

with any major patch, expac, or anything to a game there are bound to be issues. As for the getting priority thing how about you wait like everyone else has to. I promise you'll survive.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wanted to switch toons and now i cant login again seeing the exact same message after it tries to retrieve characters.
  • jmacomberjmacomber Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fawxsoul wrote: »
    Well, we've come to this now have we? "Unknown reason" really? In this day and age with technology as advanced as it is, diagnostic software that can produce 50 thousands lines of code a second and "Unknown Error" :mad:

As a life time member, as someone insane enough to buy the legacy pack when it came out and even insane enough to keep putting money in so I can fiddle with the new toys as they come out... I'm disappointed here. Very long download for an update, massive update in fact all told it seemed to be at least a gig in size if the download counters are to be believed. For an LCARS menu screen that looks very much like the one from Bridge Commander, a game from the 90s.

Unknown Error :confused: why unknown error, why not just tell us the error why does it need to be unknown? Has Veeger returned and wants to bond with the creator? Has Nomad desired to improve the Cryptic Servers? Did the borg queen get all hot and bothered over your motherboards and your having to use hand-fans to dry them off before you can turn them back on? What really happened? :cool:

The last paragraph, just made my day a little.... :)
  • axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    idrona wrote: »
    Chill guys. :)

The only thing that would make me go grr is if we got a rollback and had to start from level 1 again.

If that happened, mass suicides would follow :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alpha8no0nealpha8no0ne Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dessniper wrote: »
    A few people have activated a [Nerd Rage Battery - Large]

I don't need the battery, I have Emergancy Power to Nerd Rage III

:P
  • jackokasonjackokason Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    been here since closed beta, lifer since day 1 of the game. This is about as bad as I have seen it. Even TOR is better than this and they have FULLY voiced MMO.
    Michel "Mic" Nardy
    Fleet Admiral
    Task Force Omega
    United Federation of Planets
  • kaaahhhhhnnnnnkaaahhhhhnnnnn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just tried then and it said Disconnected from the login server, at least it knows why now :D
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    madalein wrote: »
    After 10 years of MMORPGing they should have learned how to avoid these problems...

He said that he has been playing mmorpgs for ten years. Reading comprehension, it's a thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will someone please get the hamsters some hot girl hamsters because just like McCangnahey, STO LoR is failing to launch........

EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • demonstormukdemonstormuk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems the problem is leaking to the forums server, the thread I was posting in is now back. WTF!?
  • superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ursansnow wrote: »
    No really. I expect launch day problems, but 4 hours is a little much, even for a major revamp.

I completely agree, with Launcher problems, patching slowness and now this. ST:O has been inaccessible to me since the Server went down at 3pm. It's now 11.54pm and pretty much about time for me to head off and attempt again 3pm tomorrow.

How many MMO's have these guys done, how many years Experience do they have?
This discussion has been closed.