test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• Options
    tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what the hell, first the update took forever, now I am getting cant log in due to unknown reasons? And then read something about gold member problems, I am a gold member that sucks, I even got it off sale paid three hundred dollars that I will never see again. I'm goanna:mad: cry now.
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We don't even know if it's a network thing or a PWE/Cryptic server thing.
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is actually a fairly entertaining thread.
    buddha1369 wrote: »
    Am I drunk or is the planet at the login screen spinning?

Yes. The planet is rotating. Well technically you're actually seeing weather patterns as the clouds are moving, but I'm sure the planet itself is rotating, just to slowly to actually see.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    kingofhearts81kingofhearts81 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow the anger over a game.

Yeah I love it but a few hours out of it wont hurt. Chill :)

considering all the money people have pored into said game, and it's system plays to certain psychological problems to make them spend more, I think they have the right to be angry.
  • Options
    m1993maestrom1993maestro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes when I posted this the gold announcement wasn't placed yet. Wish them luck with fixing this issue :)
    "Music is the single most powerful force in the universe"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    avertyoureyessavertyoureyess Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unable to login due to Unknown reason.

I can get on to tribble, but not holodeck.

I did a force verify.

It didn't work
  • Options
    foxdaslyfoxdasly Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hell yeah im in but really laggy
  • Options
    ggg247ggg247 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They've been working 6+ days a week for months trying to put together the best game possible for us to play. I'm sure they're doing their best to get whatever problems have cropped up fixed ASAP.

Let's cut them a little slack, guys.
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    come on press the rest button already
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah what a bunch of losers, why they don't let us complain about their lack of competence
  • Options
    alpha8no0nealpha8no0ne Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you can't see the other threads about the same thing? The problem may be more than just the game.
    Your PC may need lots of help!
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    tosalentosalen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We're continuing to investigate this error -- I've added it to the announcement at the top of the forums, and it's our top priority to fix all of the items on that list ASAP. We have our top engineers on it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Well you also need to add some liberated borg engineers to your crew. That'll speed things up. :P
  • Options
    timm4444timm4444 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The 10GB download went smoothly, in just under an hour ( go high speed internet!!) but now I'm getting the "unknown reason" at login. I guess it's to be expected with a change of this magnitude.

Yes because getting tired of all MMO companies all having the exact same day 1 issues with every launch/expansion for the last 15 years is considered whiny nowadays. . . . . .
  • Options
    geekntgeeknt Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What? Now we overloaded your forum server too?
    You're right, it's easier just to to delete thread, at least it will appear that only "some" players have issue.
  • Options
    kaaahhhhhnnnnnkaaahhhhhnnnnn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder since this issue has occurred I seen no actual constructive criticism is posted I will assume this is noting but whiners and complainers.

Its a game y'all .. get a grip it is not the end of the world. So you are inconvenienced for a issue that was a oversight somewhere .. I tell you what the sun will still rise tomorrow and I will still play STO and for those who don't come back , Your bad

If only life was that back and white, Some of us have responsibilities and have to plan free time to play! That is why we are so disappointed!
  • Options
    bok249bok249 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I finally got past the patch, after taking 4 hours to do the first 2% then it started dl'ing at a normal speed. I was so excited at finally being able to log in, and now this inability to retrieve characters pops up. Sometimes I wish we could continue playing without any of the patch TRIBBLE, cause I had absolutely no problems logging in pre-patch.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We're continuing to investigate this error -- I've added it to the announcement at the top of the forums, and it's our top priority to fix all of the items on that list ASAP. We have our top engineers on it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Good deal. Should we just watch the top announcements then when you guys get a resolution?
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    swtogxswtogx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why can't the message boards ever go down instead of the game?? All day at work today I was looking forward to playing.
  • Options
    thehellnbackthehellnback Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well actually I'm updating it on my laptop to see what happens as a test bed :) and I re installed it to a different folder on my pc fresh for giggles .. isn't this so much more fun than wiping out the Borg :)
  • Options
    seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So how long do we think it will take them to sort out the *small* number of people being unable to log in?

*By small I actually mean loads*

How many other glitchy treats do they have in store for us if/when we finally get past the login screen?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    nickx303nickx303 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Happened to me too just now.
    So much for going on for a bit before getting some sleep.
    Guess I'll (hopefully) get on after work tomorrow :(
  • Options
    roswellgornakroswellgornak Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They can't take the truth so they deleted the last thread.

They hyped this new rollout, people paid hard earned money then can't play.

We are justified to be a little "miffed"
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about this when I issue a charge back "cant pay for unknown reasons"
  • Options
    alpha8no0nealpha8no0ne Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    considering all the money people have pored into said game, and it's system plays to certain psychological problems to make them spend more, I think the have the right to be angry.

Yea they even go so far as to punish us for not logging in (ie missing your daily missions and refining dilithium)
  • Options
    jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tosalen wrote: »
    Well you also need to add some liberated borg engineers to your crew. That'll speed things up. :P

They need engineers, period
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • Options
    boulot11boulot11 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ran home from work, popped the cap of a bottle of my fave brew, got the chips ready.... and.... it's TV time !
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

that list will be longer than this thread soon :D
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe if Cryptic retired the hamsters and used guinea pigs instead...
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • Options
    tau9tau9 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and here i was going to spend money on my new rommy toon, cant even get into the game to do it, wonder how much money they are loosing out on today with this servers "unknown reason" problem, cmon cryptic, spend some of those dollars on a server that works........:mad:
This discussion has been closed.