test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep same here.

I took a sample of the unknown reason, ran it through my tricorder...

readout came back: High levels of ScrewUpnium.

Ran it through the main computer for analysis. It gave it a viral matrix. Now I have to go to a starbase to TRIBBLE treatment for my ship.

Took a shuttle to return to the ship but could not return to the log-in location. A powerful anomaly prevented travel through the sector. Like a black hole but worse... this one not only sucked light but also hope.

Sent a probe through.

It found the KDF faction inside. Weeping.

LOL !!!
    Nice, watching the forums today has been more entertaining than I remember.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    digtalnarcosisdigtalnarcosis Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL MY Jem'Hadar and Reman officers are just uniforms floating with eyeballs, horns and ears! LOL

XD
  • Options
    sinclinesincline Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love that as a lifetime sub and guy that purchased the legacy pack I get to sit here and stare at a screen that either says retrieving character list or "unknown error" over and over and over.....guess I got my money's worth huh guys....
  • Options
    mu19mu19 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sincline wrote: »
    I love that as a lifetime sub and guy that purchased the legacy pack I get to sit here and stare at a screen that either says retrieving character list or "unknown error" over and over and over.....guess I got my money's worth huh guys....

same here...but it's a launch of a major expansion......not sure i've ever seen a "perfect" launch....it happens.
  • Options
    dreamcruiser00dreamcruiser00 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi
    I can no longer log in startrek online after the update of 21 may

and in I have lifetime membership...
  • Options
    thokstathoksta Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Lets all just have fun!
    Post edited by thoksta on
    I'll Have Ten Chocolate Sundaes.
    tumblr_n0u8f6dVVb1svlvsyo2_500.gif
    I'm in a really bad mood.
  • Options
    zachverantzachverant Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To the OP...it is NOT..."servers"...it is..."server"...IF we had "servers" we would be in game and not in forums at this time.

HOWEVER...I did manage to get into Tribble with a "little" login time.

I hate patch day...:mad:
    "Sips her PWE Koolaide and looks at alllll the goodies in the Z store"
    Badname Betty (PvP...PvE...STF...Trophy Hunter...Latnium Collector...Federation)
    Commander Morgana (PvP...PvE...STF...KDF)
    1000 day vet and LTS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] STO Join date: 7 Feb 2010
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    True i do agree
    Post edited by thoksta on
  • Options
    murdockx86murdockx86 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol. Servers are so full, I can't even patch the other machines I play on.
  • Options
    cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sincline wrote: »

Hence the axiom: 'A fool and his money are soon parted..'
  • Options
    hotkillerzhotkillerz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    at least ur not getting the unown login error..... had it for the last 2 hrs.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hotkillerz wrote: »
    at least ur not getting the unown login error..... had it for the last 2 hrs.

Most of us at the moment are getting it, i got in right after launch crashed a whole bunch went got dinner and now this. I feel your pain!
  • Options
    wolfieebryanwolfieebryan Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It will be okay tomorrow. :D :cool:
  • Options
    willsmokeyawillsmokeya Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im a lifetime player and all I get is the log in failed for unknown reason and I was playing & got disconnected just before,now im regreting buying the lifetime & the rom legacy pack
  • Options
    bgd3183bgd3183 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WE need more power Captains it was nice getting in for my few minutes of course I can't switch characters and now cannot get back in. I guess that Banyan Vines network and dialup access server might be overloaded a bit ya think?
  • Options
    jd3ctjd3ct Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah..I'm a lifetime member and I got in for about an hour. I logged out to eat dinner and now "Login failed for unknown reason."
  • Options
    murdockx86murdockx86 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thoksta wrote: »
    Nice ignorant and racist quote there bro, must be us americans fault and not every single player trying to play the new expansion they have been hyping for the past 2 months. Your a fool keep your racist bull**** to yourself. The paying customers want to be able to play.

Dude. WTH? comment might be a tad on the ignorant side, but for us non-US types, it rings pretty true from the outside looking in. And as for pulling the 'racism' card, grow up, learn when to actually use that appropriately. -.-'
  • Options
    geekguy79geekguy79 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great, only took me about 8 slow hours to actually finish the patch today, and now I get the login failed for unknown reason. Lifetime sub here too.
  • Options
    shrapne11shrapne11 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been waiting 3 years for Romulan Playable Faction and as a subscriber I can't even log in. Yippee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    murdockx86 wrote: »
    Lol. Servers are so full, I can't even patch the other machines I play on.

Servers are so full i can not even get to the char selection screen.:mad:
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • Options
    krilldarnkrilldarn Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I sub every three months and was going lifetime tomorrow (still will) think the problem is with the server bandwidth.... Neverwinter i heard is also running on the Holodeck server... once cryptic move it from beta to its own server things should improve here rapidly... thought they would have had a separate server for that though... if anyone knows other wise the let me know.....

I wa playing fine up till about an hour ago... it told me i didnt have enought zen to purchase a key despite having over 2000. so i log out then couldnt log back in due to the unkonwn error..... try it in the morning then me thinks
  • Options
    sharyssasharyssa Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Keep getting "Login failed for unknown reason" when retrieving list of Characters. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can get to "Retrieving list of characters". This far. No farther. "Connection timed out"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    judgeslong wrote: »
    Gold members should not have a Q but im in line like everyone else, But the great news once your out of Q the server stops responding.

LOL... Sorry... I am not laughing AT you I am laughing AT the ridiculous situation... It IS laughable...
  • Options
    jsck82jsck82 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not so laughable for a large-scale company with millions invested...

Glad now that I didn't buy the packs. I can buy them with Zen, when the server starts behaving.

Oh. And the server status light lies. It's green.

Nobody can log in, therefore, there is no proof that the server is online.

^_^
  • Options
    nukem001nukem001 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unable to Login with an Unknown error. I am sorry Cryptic but as a player who enjoyed your previous creation City of Heroes, and continued to believe in Cryptic games with paying for a Lifetime subscription I finds this unacceptable. I guess we will have to settle for the bad publicity this will produce by the game magazines writer who will also not be able to log in again. It is the same situation when STO launched where you did not have enough servers to support the player base. After 3 years you have not learned to look at tribble and how open beta had server issues.
  • Options
    thequietwaythequietway Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow. What a bunch of self-entitled drivel. Yes, the server is overtaxed at the moment, which is a bummer. And yes, it sucks that you paid money for the special privileges that you are rightly entitled to. But for crying out loud, I'm sure that Cryptic is no happier with the situation than anyone else is. After all, the (I'm going to go with) thousands of people who could be on the game happily buying stuff from their C-Store aren't on there either. They dropped the ball a bit. No MMO fails to do that, especially when we are getting (for free, I might add unless you chose to pay for legacy) the equivalent of a subscription MMO's expansion pack. It's called growing pains. Get over yourselves and just be patient. Give them the little while they need to fix the basic problems, such as login latency and this obnoxious "unknown error". Let's get the game up and running first before you haul out the "boycotts" and "no longer subscribings."
  • Options
    born9born9 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL this is to all the losers saying I payed for this I should be playing, shut the **** upl, your a loser if you pay for anything in this game. You can get anything in this game without using real money loser
  • Options
    jsck82jsck82 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nukem001 wrote: »
    Unable to Login with an Unknown error. I am sorry Cryptic but as a Lifetime subscriber who purchased before the game launched finds this unacceptable. We won't see all lifetimers, who believed in the success of this game and payed a large upfront sum to support it, to get 5000 zen points for this and Gold players also getting 2500 zen points since they support at a monthly base. But I guess we will have to settle for the bad publicity this will produce by the game magazines writer who will also not be able to log in. It is the same situation when STO launched where you did not have enough servers to support the player base.

Seriously? That's going a bit far. Why don't we see how long it takes them to fix the issue before going all "full whine ahead" on it. If it's a couple hours, why should they hand out $25-50 PER PLAYER? seriously.

Yeah, I complain, but its not that I expect compensation, its to make light of a serious issue on their end.

If you don't understand that EVERY online game *EVER* released has had serious issues, including with expansions, then you should do some light reading while the servers are being fixed. Welcome to the world of software development.
  • Options
    carrowcanarycarrowcanary Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shrapne11 wrote: »
    I've been waiting 3 years for Romulan Playable Faction and as a subscriber I can't even log in. Yippee.
    You've been waiting 3 years, but suddenly can't wait another day or so until the weight on the server dies down a bit?

Really, I can't be the only one that saw this coming weeks ago, can I??? It happens EVERY time there's a big new release. It happened when the Tholians arrived, it happened when star bases were introduced, it happened when New Romulus opened, and it happened when the Winter Event started.

Not expecting it to happen during the launch of arguably the most sought after expansion in 3 years is staggeringly naive.