test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• onetonebruteonetonebrute Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daskippa wrote: »
    sure as far as it goes but it is reasonable to assume that the load will increase after an update marketed like LOR yes? We can also assume they actually want to increase market share, so it might be a good idea to be able to handle at least a fraction of the new/returning people coming in yes?

Nope. EVERY mmo deals with huges amounts of stress dealing with major update. Markets shares have nothing to do with how their hardware, ISP, and such deal with a load of users pegging their network. This is just something that happens to any multiplayer game.
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *!*!*We are investigating an issue where some players are seeing a "login failed for unknown reason" error at the log-in screen.*!*!*

i love the fact they keep changing that message more colour more !* !* !*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • apersont1apersont1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am not going to Rage or flip out, i am just going to go to bed and play in the morning.

GMT+00 so i will be able to play off-peak :D
    MTV Cribs eat your heart out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • desklorddesklord Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vladdie wrote: »
    All I heard was "I'm a whiny brat who doesn't understand how 350,000 people all hitting download and game servers at the same time might break things, like it has for almost every expansion in just about any MMO ever."

Agreed, ii'm sure cryptic is doing their best to fix the problem. Developers are people too (at least i hope they are O_O)
  • sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The 10GB download went smoothly, in just under an hour ( go high speed internet!!) but now I'm getting the "unknown reason" at login. I guess it's to be expected with a change of this magnitude.
  • rihansuakhenrihansuakhen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    by "some" they mean all
  • cannydogcannydog Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aur7 wrote: »
    The sad thing is, no matter how much you flame about it on the forums, your complaints aren't going to fix the problem.

But it makes him feel, at least slightly, better. Even if doing so makes YOU feel worse. :P
  • howtokhowtok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    So many people suprised to not be able to log on right after a big update like this? lol

Just suprised cryptic didnt fix anything from the global network-, server- or whatever-problems they had within the last weeks. :(
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
  • levdarkenlevdarken Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    getting closer to that magic number.. will I make it?

WILL I MAKE IT???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dont be a prick blizzards have been infinately better in every single way to anything cryptic has been involved in and i cant stand blizzard infact hate that company but they have their **** together also bare in mind blizzard have in 2 servers more population than sto has world wide so ur arguments bollocks

Becuase they have had the time. I rember the days of servers going down, rubber banding and lag that made the connection bar go bright red with embarrasment. I sgree credit where credit is due, and they do deserve it however they are not the holy grail to aim for. Look at their response to dead/dying or imbalanced servers, it makes Cryptic look positively chatty.
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some players, they say...

If it's some players, why can't I even load the dev tracker page?

Save for a few people standing around a dabo table, there's no one left in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • thokstathoksta Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and if you manage to get in game the client will crash. I got in right after the servers came up and crashed 6 times in less then 30 minutes. Servers obviously cant handle the load with the horrid patch...... FIX THIS. Paying customers are getting frustrated with your bs.....
    I'll Have Ten Chocolate Sundaes.
    tumblr_n0u8f6dVVb1svlvsyo2_500.gif
    I'm in a really bad mood.
  • asheistheravenasheistheraven Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow the anger over a game.

Yeah I love it but a few hours out of it wont hurt. Chill :)
  • kaaahhhhhnnnnnkaaahhhhhnnnnn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3 hours of Downloading and Patching for this! :| Poor Form!!!
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They check these things before they send it out to the public, right?

Put enough monkeys at computers and eventually you'll get Cryptic.

Every. Effing. Patch something happens.

If you think is bad, you have had a sheltered gaming life. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/12/06/eve_online_update_danger/
    Check that out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • gypsyinspacegypsyinspace Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SOME players?!?!? How about ALL players Cryptic!
    Francis RAGES!!!
  • jackokasonjackokason Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    work in progress shown above in the gold. Both tech team here and at PWE are aware as I have posted updates on what I try here and there.
    Michel "Mic" Nardy
    Fleet Admiral
    Task Force Omega
    United Federation of Planets
  • demonstormukdemonstormuk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since the admins were kind enough to delete the last thread. Let it begin again.
  • dixiemonroedixiemonroe Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder since this issue has occurred I seen no actual constructive criticism is posted I will assume this is noting but whiners and complainers.

Its a game y'all .. get a grip it is not the end of the world. So you are inconvenienced for a issue that was a oversight somewhere .. I tell you what the sun will still rise tomorrow and I will still play STO and for those who don't come back , Your bad
  • kristinaartaxoskristinaartaxos Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why am I still paying for this game????? FFS every time a major update goes in it goes **** up....... try again tomorrow I guess. sheesh

Narked of Norwich
  • innerphoenixinnerphoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i logged on to klingon character finished up his assiments then clicked to switch to federation character to do his before trying out romulan character and game closed down on me now i get loing failutre due to unknown reason ? like wtf. there is a reason , unknown is BS. and i am HIGH pissed off that i actually spent money and pre bought a romulan package , and cannot even login to use it , so i guess if i cannot get access in the next 2-3 days i will be reversing that Credit Card transaction , and pwi can kiss my money good by.
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    free-ecard-thumb58.jpg

More pellets

less running
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • desklorddesklord Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well until they get this fixed im going to go watch South Park
  • smallrougesmallrouge Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let's just take a breath and slowly put the batliffs down. They just did, what seems like, a major update. There are going to be a few issues with logging in, glitches, and quick fixes. This is not unique to Star Trek Online. Any remember when WoW, Eve Online, UO, etc did/do major updates like this? This will all slowly resolve itself in time. It's a ftp game so just read a book in the meantime and check in every now and then.

Now there might be other issues when you do get logged in that you might encounter such as glitches, mission not working right, etc. What you should do it fill in a work order describing the issue(s) to the best of your ability and let them work on it. What you shouldn't do it log on and complain about how the world has wronged you or be the 20th post that says "Same issue here too" without addition information.

If you want things to run smoothly and help out the programs, developers, networking engineer, etc. you should be informative and helpful instead of crying in your beer.

I think the idea is that people are making them aware it not an isolated problem. Not all of us are searching for torches or pitchforks... or batliffs, whatever those might be. I might also point out that issues where players cannot connect at all are a tad more crucial than glitches that come up when you are in game (actually able to play the game) where, say, your bridge officer is sitting on the floor. I expect you feel better now though for having cried in your beer at us for crying in our beer and for hanging on the forums, rather than, you know, not crying in your beer and hanging on to a good book as you suggest others do.
  • andorianblueandorianblue Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm also getting the "Unable to log in due to unknown reasons" message, which is annoying because I was on and playing earlier.

I guess I shouldn't be very surprised, there have always problems with the launch of big STO updates, and since this is the biggest update they've ever done... well, you see where I'm going with this.
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PWEBranflakes: I regret not making it clear that all of the players are experiencing this problem

Worf: "some" *From First Contact*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    We're continuing to investigate this error -- I've added it to the announcement at the top of the forums, and it's our top priority to fix all of the items on that list ASAP. We have our top engineers on it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • urniv821urniv821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ah well.. i wanted to try out a reman! .. but i guess back to neverwinter!.. gl getting in guys n gals
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
  • boulot11boulot11 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well said.
This discussion has been closed.