test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (May 21, 2013) - The Launch of Legacy of Romulus

Comments

• shadowensconcedshadowensconced Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I read in the dev blog somewhere that we are indeed getting a Romulan slot.
  • anthslickanthslick Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I read in the dev blog somewhere that we are indeed getting a Romulan slot.

we got it on tribble so i im like 90% sure we will get it for free id hate to start romulan on a new account
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    See you all on Wednesday or Thursday.

First, this 6 hour maintenance will be more like 8-10 hours (minimum), with the possibility of being extended 2-3 times by several hours. Second, when the servers finally do come back online, people will be rushing to try out the new content, only to overload the servers, and cause a massive system-wide crash, resulting in yet another extended maintenance =P

I have hopes that my pessimism may be incorrect, but we'll see.
  • alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cannot believe that this is going to be maintenance lasting 6-hours! Don't get me wrong, I'm positive that it will all be worth the time in the end...I'm just glad that this is a day when I'll be out and away from my PC most of the day and evening later, distracted by a movie so I don't have to keep thinking about it.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes we are getting the slot
    Live long and Prosper
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    murcray wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I know you need to put in the download and all that, but many of us took the day off and have people coming over so we can all work together on this and you are taking half the day away!
    As it is, due to your 6 hours shard maintenance you are only giving us maybe 2 hours to download and play! I know this is a big expansion, but come on!!! You may be delivering something special, but your timing has just ruined my one and only day off this week. So very upset about this.:mad:

You should be upset with yourself. Is this your first Season Update. Even if the downtime only takes 6 hours; between download and crazy queues.....
    There is gonna be disconnects, lag and all kinds of shananegans.
    I'm not even gonna try until after the Thurs Patch. And if things seem to be running smooth, I'll be taking Friday off of work.

So don't blame Cryptic for your shortsightednedd. And believe when I say; I love blaming Cryptic whenever I can.
    This one's all on you.
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Past experience does indicate that today will be a write-off, pretty much.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • sarovensaroven Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    druhin wrote: »
    See you all on Wednesday or Thursday.

First, this 6 hour maintenance will be more like 8-10 hours (minimum), with the possibility of being extended 2-3 times by several hours. Second, when the servers finally do come back online, people will be rushing to try out the new content, only to overload the servers, and cause a massive system-wide crash, resulting in yet another extended maintenance =P

I have hopes that my pessimism may be incorrect, but we'll see.

If you have never played a MMO before this is what you should realistically expect from a major expansion/content patch. I firmly expect the rest of this week to have queues out the ying yang and server stability to be as reliable as a Ferengi extended warranty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    As long as the launcher is crashing every five minutes of patching, I won't be playing anymore. Once I see a patch note where it says the launcher has been updated, I will take my next try. And that will most likely take weeks, not days.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will be waiting in rapt anticipation like a hungry man waiting for the BBQ to finish grilling. :D:):cool:
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • chivs116chivs116 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good luck STO!! ... Hoping all goes well during the update!!
    4058756.jpg
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Woohoo. Massive!

Greatly looking forward to this, bugs or no bugs, crashes or no crashes, serverfailures or no serverfailures... ...No, wait. disregard the serverfailures... ...I can handle anything but that. :)
    I will respect your 6 hours Downtime, but after that, I must start taking pills. We don't want to do that, want we? :D
    /Floozy
  • amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    Yes we are getting the slot

well.... that kinda sucks.... I guess I shouldn't have bought the extra character slots recently then....

Oh well, extra slots, woohoo!

countdown to tomorrow's Romulus Faction content.... <jaws music begins to play> "dunn dun......dunnnnn dun.......dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun....."
  • lynomanlynoman Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And so it begins.....
  • moutoku343moutoku343 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Romulan All The Way Baby!!!!!! Xd Xd Xd
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lynoman wrote: »
    And so it begins.....

I miss playing already..

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Let's just hope the launcher update will be included in this huge meowntenance, so we can actually download this thing without the launcher crashing all the time.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • gamewinningshotgamewinningshot Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello,

Never posted before.

Was wondering if the all the previous posts regarding bugs that will happen after this update really happen, and if so will it really be until Thursday when it will all be fixed?

Thanks
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow...

Well, I guess ppl have been commenting since yesterday, but...

The servers just went down and we're already on page 14?!?

How's a guy supposed to keep up? :P

I'm just glad I'm i a good place with my main character and finally leveled my KDF one up to Captain, maybe I'll have some fun with a Rommie.

Oh, if Tribble is any indication, I KNOW I'll have some fun with a Rommie.

A UFP Engineer, a KDF Science Officer... Tactical Romulan?

By the time I post this, I bet we're on at least page 15...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good luck with the update devs. I hope nothing is broken when I play this game later on this afternoon.
  • nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dude where's my sale?
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello,

Never posted before.

Was wondering if the all the previous posts regarding bugs that will happen after this update really happen, and if so will it really be until Thursday when it will all be fixed?

Thanks

none of the bugs are game breaking. so yeah you maybe waiting till thurday to see small bugs fixed. even then you might not see all the creases ironed out until next Thursday. it's like this with all mmos. it's just the nature of the beast.
  • thokstathoksta Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WoooHooo, Warp Cores, Tholian Reputation, New Ui, Romulan Lock Boxes!! Can't wait!! Wish i would have gotten up 1 hour earlier so i could have gotten my dc grind done before servers went down. Who wants special cookies??!!!!!
    I'll Have Ten Chocolate Sundaes.
    tumblr_n0u8f6dVVb1svlvsyo2_500.gif
    I'm in a really bad mood.
  • mailman650mailman650 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Time to leave my PC on all day to download this beast :D
  • cyberpunkfalconcyberpunkfalcon Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will it really take you 6 hours, or is that an estimate? I'm wondering when I should sleep...
  • oraxisonarisoraxisonaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess timing my Zen card run for the downtime isn't exactly feasible anymore...
  • diabolicaltroopdiabolicaltroop Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am on High speed cable I have already completed the pre-download and preparing to dump my Fed toons Klingon and Romulan all the way!! woo hoo! Romulan= Vulcans with a bad attitude. LOL :D
    KDF Ancient House of Seplch
    Dahar Master "Epitai" Kelrok son of Pok Seplch House Leader Tactical
    General Babd Grace O'Malley House Seplch Science Officer
    Fleet Admiral Quintus Savat House Seplch Tactical Officer
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2pm - 8pm for UK players. There goes my afternoon. :( I guess I'll be waiting until tomorrow to have a go at this, cause I know, come 8pm, the servers are going to be stupidly busy and the game will be crashing every 10-minutes.

Should have put the update on overnight. :P
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • kamencankamencan Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haha:D
    Unable to authenticate message from launcher. :cool::(
This discussion has been closed.