test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy of Romulus - Legacy and Starter Pack FAQ

Comments

• age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How long do you plan on keeping this and wouldn't it be great if there was Fed and Klink one to.Those of coarse would be for new players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • vormarionvormarion Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As the title says...

I foolishly went through Skrill hoping to avoid the pay-pal fiasco.
    The transaction went through to finished but I never I never got confirmation
    that it went through. There is also no information regarding your account to '
    see if your account had been updated with the LOR unlock.

Has anyone else purchased this and ran into anything close to this issue?:eek:
  • jtollinchijtollinchi Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vormarion wrote: »
    As the title says...

I foolishly went through Skrill hoping to avoid the pay-pal fiasco.
    The transaction went through to finished but I never I never got confirmation
    that it went through. There is also no information regarding your account to '
    see if your account had been updated with the LOR unlock.

Has anyone else purchased this and ran into anything close to this issue?:eek:

No I just did mine thru Skrill for the same reason as you. But I did get a confirm email (3 of them) and it listed in my accounts file, activated features.

Two emails from perfect world and one thru skrill.
  • spektre12spektre12 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    CAN'T USE LEGACY PACK. IT DOES NOT SHOW UP ON MY ACCOUNT. I PAID REAL MONEY FOR THIS TOO.

THANKS PWE! :mad:

Then......then they want you to PAY FOR THE SHIPS YOU PRE-ORDERED AGAIN IN THE C-STORE!

WTF! I think the Beter Business Bureau needs to be informed of this BS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spektre12 wrote: »
    CAN'T USE LEGACY PACK. IT DOES NOT SHOW UP ON MY ACCOUNT. I PAID REAL MONEY FOR THIS TOO.

Then......then they want you to PAY FOR THE SHIPS YOU PRE-ORDERED AGAIN IN THE C-STORE!

... *facepalm*

The new patch isn't live yet. It won't be until around 10am PST.
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • richard542richard542 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spektre12 wrote: »

Well someone hasn't read the 'How to claim the legacy pack' guide
    here's the key points

1) legacy pack is only available once LoR has gone live
    2) no where does it say you have to buy the legacy pack ships again the guide states 'go to the c-store/zen-store to CLAIM your ships'

i think they made it quite clear what to do
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=676571
  • randolf2randolf2 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    defragger wrote: »
    I noticed the new green titles,how can I access them?.I got the legacy pack as well.Also,will we get the newly added ship if we already purchased the legacy pack?:confused:

That's part of the 1000 day veteran rewards Only paying accouts can get it. That reminds me I need to switch to my Romulan title for LOR. I am still using my Federation title. :)
    Empress Sela, was assimulated by the Borg drone named Tasa Yar! :eek:
    edited May 2013
    randolf2 wrote: »
    That's part of the 1000 day veteran rewards Only paying accouts can get it. That reminds me I need to switch to my Romulan title for LOR. I am still using my Federation title. :)
    Nope, the green ones (like mine) come from the Starter or Legacy pack. Got access to it here as soon as I bought the Legacy Pack.
    ____
  • stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Paid for the legacy starter pack and can't claim the items in the game without it trying to charge me again.
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • astrah60312astrah60312 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be nice if the game would even finish downloading....
  • dodge210dodge210 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Paid for the legacy starter pack and can't claim the items in the game without it trying to charge me again.

Same here, can't even find the legacy pack in the 'bundles' section in the C-Store like it says in the FAQ...
  • nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When do the Reman's become playable for those that have completed the Romulan rep system, or do we have to complete it on a Romulan to unlock the Remans?
    Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
    edited May 2013
    nikolunus wrote: »
    When do the Reman's become playable for those that have completed the Romulan rep system, or do we have to complete it on a Romulan to unlock the Remans?
    Log into the character who hit Tier 5 rep. You might have to start a small project to get it to "recognize" your rep and unlock the Reman playables.
    ____
  • xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lifer since beta, spent a fortune on the game thus far, and was not able to tribbletest the romulan faction. I was not "chosen" this time, so i will probably lose out on the tribble prie that will be given out in a few months...So I will be complaining about that, as a collector.

Further, I bought the Legacy pack the first week it was out. Now they added a ship to it. So I have to buy it separately now? That is dirty pool. Oh, and since I am not able to test, I have no practical experience to use or any idea what to expect, except from watching vids and hearing about it secondhand. Not right, man...

Finally, the 6 hour wait is over...But I have been patching for awhile now. The first 1/2 hour, I got to 5%...Figured maybe it was my cpu, so I restarted from DOS. Nope. Been 1/2 hour again, and am at 5%. So this means I waited 6 hours and can wait the rest of today to PATCH, then maybe I can play. But wait, isn;t there another patch on Thursday? Great. I can wait some more then. And with all the issues in the past weeks, I think it's right to complain about this.

Brandon, devs, guys, try to remember what it was like before you were programmers...Pretend to be a lowly PLAYER for a minute or two, and sympathize with me. Would you be frustrated?
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ooh. I am all patched up etc.
    My problem is when I pass the loading screens and enter the 'lobby' to choose/create character, The Star Trek music starts, the screen prepares to render the character slots, then I crash to desktop. The ticket creator-box appears, but vanishes before I am able to write anything in it.

-For what its worth...
    /Floozy
  • belldandy01belldandy01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please fix the patcher it's moving too slow much too slow. Been loyal since the start of F2P(even went lifetime). I really have been looking forward to this expansion.
  • tyronjaratyronjara Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please fix the patcher it's moving too slow much too slow. Been loyal since the start of F2P(even went lifetime). I really have been looking forward to this expansion.

Same here ive been waiting two hours for 203MB I mean seriously?
    Live long and play hard!!!
    edited May 2013
    Lifer since beta, spent a fortune on the game thus far, and was not able to tribbletest the romulan faction. I was not "chosen" this time, so i will probably lose out on the tribble prie that will be given out in a few months...So I will be complaining about that, as a collector.

Further, I bought the Legacy pack the first week it was out. Now they added a ship to it. So I have to buy it separately now? That is dirty pool. Oh, and since I am not able to test, I have no practical experience to use or any idea what to expect, except from watching vids and hearing about it secondhand. Not right, man...

Finally, the 6 hour wait is over...But I have been patching for awhile now. The first 1/2 hour, I got to 5%...Figured maybe it was my cpu, so I restarted from DOS. Nope. Been 1/2 hour again, and am at 5%. So this means I waited 6 hours and can wait the rest of today to PATCH, then maybe I can play. But wait, isn;t there another patch on Thursday? Great. I can wait some more then. And with all the issues in the past weeks, I think it's right to complain about this.

Brandon, devs, guys, try to remember what it was like before you were programmers...Pretend to be a lowly PLAYER for a minute or two, and sympathize with me. Would you be frustrated?

Um... the Tribble test was open to everyone. You didn't have to be "chosen" for it.
    ____
  • digtalnarcosisdigtalnarcosis Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice. Guess I won't be playing until the player traffic goes down.

Won't even load and let me in.

You should really be ready for this kind of traffic if your going to tease people about it for months on end. Or have released it gradually... not all at once and dropped the servers down to unusable speeds.

Reminds me of the early Everquest days when you wouldn't even be able to log in because servers were so packed out.
  • digtalnarcosisdigtalnarcosis Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL. Now the updater crashed and I'm gettint a 404 address not found html message. WOW... would NOT be fun to work for cryptic today... LOL

The updater page is GONE.
  • lucretius8181lucretius8181 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone having trouble with character retrieval ? It all loads up but says ''login failed for unknown reasons'' whilst retrieving my characters (which never shows them). Nice view of New Romulus though. :D May have to wait tomorrow too play, Cryptic servers fried with green flames and smoke .
  • sirricwinsirricwin Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cant get into the game at all. The download was pretty quick, but I cant get past "Retrieving list of characters..." followed by "Login failed for an unknown reason".
    So much for priority login.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marcoppolomarcoppolo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone having trouble with character retrieval ? It all loads up but says ''login failed for unknown reasons'' whilst retrieving my characters (which never shows them). Nice view of New Romulus though. :D May have to wait tomorrow too play, Cryptic servers fried with green flames and smoke .

Yes, same here... sadly.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013

That would be me.

I finished downloading, tried to check to see if anything needed to be downloaded for Tribble before I logged in then the launcher crashed. I tried to relogin and it refused to accept my password. Then I closed it, reopened it and a script failed and I couldn't see anything. Then I closed it reopened it, password accepted, the launcher didn't fully come back up, but I could login. Then once the game loaded, "login failed for unknown reasons"

I love launch days :D
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • nierionnierion Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think Cryptic need to invest some money into their servers because this is the worst launch I have seen for new content or any kind of content from a company. With the money and support that's backing them, there is just no reason this should be happening. I've got members in my fleet being told the servers are full.

Come on Cryptic, stop running more than one game on a server. Jeez.
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
  • scarlet0nescarlet0ne Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic is being very quiet of this whole 'unable to login' issue. A status update saying they at least understand there is a problem would be nice.
    edited May 2013
    xero328 wrote: »

If I may ease some of your concerns.

The Tribble test reward simply required one hour of play on Tribble during that weekend. It did not require you to play as a Romulan as there was new content and systems for the Federation and Klingon players to test as well.

Secondly as they have repeatedly stated, if you bought the Legacy Pack, then you get everything in the Legacy pack. And the stuff they added after you bought it is also in the Legacy pack that you bought. Added stuff with no more problems for you.

Everything else....well that's just bloody patience. Pull up a chair with the rest of us, it looks like it's gonna be a wait comrade.
    nierion wrote: »
    I think Cryptic need to invest some money into their servers because this is the worst launch I have seen for new content or any kind of content from a company. With the money and support that's backing them, there is just no reason this should be happening. I've got members in my fleet being told the servers are full.

Come on Cryptic, stop running more than one game on a server. Jeez.

Funny thing. I was watching and reading up on Microsoft's launch announcement of the Xbox One. Now one thing that jumped out at me. The Xbox 360's version of Xbox Live runs on 15,000 servers. Apparently, Xbox One is going to up the ante....to 300,000 servers. Talk about an upgrade. But it's also going to use the Cloud heavily so I guess it makes sense.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • lucretius8181lucretius8181 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    scarlet0ne wrote: »
    Cryptic is being very quiet of this whole 'unable to login' issue. A status update saying they at least understand there is a problem would be nice.

I Would not be surprised if they are prioritizing their investment fans who purchased LoR first. Hmmmnn maybe that money will go to a new server.
  • ehlimehlim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xero328 wrote: »

Um... the Tribble test was open to everyone. You didn't have to be "chosen" for it.

Furthermore, of course, and very much naturally, you will get the latest things added to the legacy pack, the bonus is retroactive.

That being said, I too am experiencing very slow patching. I thought I avoided the problem prepatching 9 GB of stuff the day before yesterday, but was not enough apparently, lol

Keep it up guyz, thank you

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    I didn't have too many issues patching in fact it was done in under an hour, but I was Tribble testing, and apparently most of the code from Tribble simply copied over to Holodeck, I ended up only downloading maybe 500 mb max.

But afterwards..."unable to login for unknown reasons" right before the character select screen. The joy of the first day. Murphy's Law lives on.
This discussion has been closed.