test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cannot join fleets

Comments

• deusemperordeusemperor Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This has become very very annoying. I usually buy fleet marks since I can fill in the rest of the requirements usually by myself. However Its hard to get 5k fleet marks a day for projects solo. So I buy them, but now I can't buy them since I can't invite them to my fleet after they left their fleet. Please fix this so the starbase can grow again! :(
  • martin1701dmartin1701d Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello Guys,

have the same problem. Left my fleet this morning, cause I wanted to buy a ship in another fleet. Got the ok from my boss and left my fleet. Got the invite to the other fleet. Pushed accept, nothing works. Only ?Error inviting to fleet: I am already invited to a fleet?.
    I asked in the German Forum. No suitable response.
    Getting crazy right now :confused:. Tried the /unhide thing, changing my private settings, no success.

My last idea was to write a ticket to the support.
    Will see if this works (lol)

Regards from Germany
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Greetings from Germany

Martin
  • blznfunblznfun Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having this same problem trying to invite someone to the fleet. Tried the /unhide, log off, log on, used the chat commands to clear /guild_acceptinvite and /guild_declineinvite to no avail.

How about a dev response to this?
    jeremy-t_doff_signiture5635.jpg
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
    Original Handle: the_orig_jean_luc_picard
  • thecegorachthecegorach Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue. Have filed ticket, as well. So far, no response, as the PWE support page isn't loading properly.

Dropped guild to join another, got invite, accepted, nothing. Repeat a dozen times or so, every other time giving the "already invited" error. Toon was set to visible to friends only, so I unchecked all the privacy settings and used /unhide to be sure, but get the same thing still. Invites have been sent from multiple other users, so it's not limited to just one person who cannot invite.
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just lost the ability to join any fleet, including my previous existing one. I left my fleet to join one of our auxiliary one to purchase Fleet weapons, when I self-invited my own toon to the Aux fleet, I accepted and nothing happened, nada, zero.

I submitted a GM Support ticket in hopes of resolving this issue, so I am hoping it gets resolve soon since its severely hindering my toon progress.

Hopefully the issue will get resolved today, since there is a message on the launcher that the server will be brought down for emergency maintenance.

Keeping my fingers Cross - Meanwhile I am going to play Neverwinter until the issue gets resolved. That way I will keep myself busy.

Hope everyone gets their issue resolved as well.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously, I really thought this morning emergency fix was going to resolve this issue, are we going to have to wait until this Thursday to have it fix? If it is at all addressed.

May a Dev, someone from Cryptic give us some news regarding this bug. This is making Fleet gameplay undesirable - any response with some news would do.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stark2k wrote: »
    Seriously, I really thought this morning emergency fix was going to resolve this issue, are we going to have to wait until this Thursday to have it fix? If it is at all addressed.

May a Dev, someone from Cryptic give us some news regarding this bug. This is making Fleet gameplay undesirable - any response with some news would do.

I think there has been 3 or 4 emergency maintenances now without this being addressed. Considering its been close to 2 weeks since i first saw this error hoping for it to be fixed in Thursday's patch may be overly optimistic.
    edited May 2013
    I honestly think this is releated to the server loads Cryptic has been experiencing because of the extreme loads they have receiving.

Someone in my fleet said they saw a lower level toon (-35 levels below him) in a recluse. I thought you could only use those ships at level 45-50? I don't think it was a holo emitter since I don't think there is a recluse holo emitter.

Something to do with server queries might be messing everything up (due to loads) including joining fleets....

Sucks either which way you look at it though...
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    edited May 2013
    This all did start right about the time we started having server crashes every other night.
    edited May 2013
    Yes and I think this problem will be ignored like many other problems in this game. Ingame support is useless and in the German forum I think I am alone with this damned bugg. And I dont get any useful response there.
    This makes me a bit sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Greetings from Germany

Martin
  • madcatamadcata Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am still having the issue of joining a fleet. I can see the invites, click on accept, no go. I am not, repeat, not on the roster of my old fleet.
  • madcatamadcata Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes and I think this problem will be ignored like many other problems in this game. Ingame support is useless and in the German forum I think I am alone with this damned bugg. And I dont get any useful response there.
    This makes me a bit sad.

In game help is basically, take 2 aspirin and don't call me in the morning.......
  • porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1 -- I have the "quit fleet, can't join any other fleet" bug too. :mad:
    edited May 2013
    Devs? You out there on this problem???
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
  • heero139heero139 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I'm stuck outside my fleet too. On my main character.
    Zekkie@h33r0yuy
  • captreljakcaptreljak Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i havent been ina fleet for over 2 months probably finally decide to make one with some friends i have made they all got in the fleet right after leaving the fleet they are in but noooo not meeeeeee im sure sto will fix it but when it takes a lot of time to build a starbase an a bunch of bull if ya ask me that this is happening so sto when is it goin to be fixed i see all these people writing about this issue but i see nothing being done about it i spend cash money mooolaaaaaa on this game and nothing seems to happen thx for all the posts hope mine helpsa bit
  • joreliadonjoreliadon Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, I'd like to formally file a complaint regarding this bug.
    Cryptic or whomever is in charge of support is now ridiculously evasive
    I opened a ticket a month ago asking for support on my fleetless main character unable to rejoin the fleet or any other fleet.
    A WHOLE WEEK later a response was produced telling me to provide MORE information.
    I sent DETAILED information to whoever needed more info is probably a moron who should not be answering tickets.
    That aside, after 12 days, 12 DAYS i received the following response: this is not a problem we can solve, you need to send this to the BUG team filing a BUG report withing the game.

There is NO BUG TEAM feedback, as after 3 MORE WEEKS I have no response.
    What the heck?
    edited May 2013
    I am eagerly awaiting the launch of LoR and the impending **** storm that will be caused when a good chunk of the newly created romulan characters are unable to join a fleet. This bug has nothing to do with leaving a fleet and joining another, this effects even newly created characters that have never been in a fleet.
  • whytelyonwhytelyon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lovely.

Well hopefully the devs at least read the forum even if they don't reply and we can get this fixed soon.
    -- I will do what I must to aid my family, friends, and fleet, in that order; no matter how many things, laws... or people... I have to break in order to do so. --
    edited May 2013
    This is intolerable. Something as fundamental as this can't be broken.
    Zekkie@h33r0yuy
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, this was a bigger problem than I thought.

Any devs reading this thread, this absolutely must be addressed before LoR launches next week. There will be many Romulan characters wanting to join fleets. I really hope people won't have to restart their characters... :(
  • xixiisxixiis Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I posted earlier on this fleet page. I was able to get back in my fleet. Being the fleet leader, I had my members continuously send me invites. After about 3 days, I randomly re-entered... and guess what... I am about to have someone kick me from the fleet.. .again to see if Ican get into another for a ship. I'll let ya know how this works out. XD

:Results:

I had one of the members kick me... and no suprise... I can't join the fleet I wanted. I suggest if anyone tries leaving their fleet... do it, immediately sign off, and them come back. This might work.
    edited May 2013
    I just got help from a nice guy, trying to fix the problem: Logging on, logging off, changing ship, changing private settings, force file check etc.
    No success at all. This makes me so tired of STO, I cant explain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Greetings from Germany

Martin
  • rfzanderrfzander Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having the same issue on my main character.
  • craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im one of those people that have a few alts, and will drop an alt out of my fleet to help some new players form their fleet. I done this last night, dropped an alt, tried to help a person form their fleet, once we done that, i dropped from his, and tried to get back in to my own fleet, but, same thing as everyone else, get invite, hit accept, nothing happens, or, send invite, get error.
    The other person i tried to help, told me it didnt work, someone else was made leader of the fleet and himself, well, he was still fleetless.
    I submitted tickets, but, typical of cryptic, they never reply. As we can see, 2 weeks on since this topic was first posted and the problem persists. Wtf? And they want to release LOR next week? I say, fix the friggin bugs first, then worry about the expansion. Cause i aint spendin a dime on this game again until all these friggin bugs are fixed!
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • farktoid5000farktoid5000 Member Posts: 72 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    We are aware of the issue, unfortunately it's not consistent. Any further info would be helpful, such as specific character names and handles, the number of times you've switched fleets, if the character was online when the invite was made, or privacy settings. Any info of this type would be helpful in tracking down the problem.
    Follow your friendly neighborhood EQAH on Twitter! @CrypticEQAH
  • admiraltirad235admiraltirad235 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't rejoin a fleet on a toon I had since I started playing, which was 2011.
    edited May 2013
    Zekkie@h33r0yuy

The last time I successfully switched fleets was in October 2012.

Previous to that, I don't remember.

Recently (May 14), I attempted to switch fleets, but I got stuck unable to accept invites just after leaving, and never made it into the other fleet. Character was online for the invites, privacy settings:

Search Visibility: Visible to All
    Allow only friends and fleet to chat: off
    Allow only friends and fleet to email: off
    Allow only friends and fleet to make team invites: off
    Allow only friends and fleet to tell: off
    Allow only friends and fleet to trade: off
    Allow only friends and fleet to issue challenges: off
    Allow fleet invitations: on
    Allow others to view your character on gateway: on
    Zekkie@h33r0yuy
  • whytelyonwhytelyon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We are aware of the issue, unfortunately it's not consistent. Any further info would be helpful, such as specific character names and handles, the number of times you've switched fleets, if the character was online when the invite was made, or privacy settings. Any info of this type would be helpful in tracking down the problem.

Jehm Gryphonkin@whytelyon (T'ran magically fixed herself)
    Not hidden
    Left Task Force Specter about a week ago, that's when I got bugged and unable to join my old fleet (S.W.O.R.D.)
    Tried online, offline, from multiple characters and fleets.
    Switched fleets roughly 5 times in the last couple years, mostly to buy fleet ships.

-- EDIT

I apparently can't zone into fleet starbases either. I was invited to a group by a fleetmate, and attempted to zone into SWORD's starbase from Eta Eridani. The option was there, I clicked it, and I didn't zone,a nd the option reappeared.

--- EDIT 2

Was able to zone into starbase when invited by a fleet member. When accepting an invite, the prompt disapears and people get errors trying to send you another invite, tho that error can be cleared with the /guild_leave command; that gives you an error where you can't use the command because you're not in a fleet, but it allows another invite to be sent regardless.

-- Edit 3;
    Stranger and stranger, got another invite from a friend of a friend, and got this error;

[Fleet] Myshella has invited you to join STO Academy.

[Fleet] Error accepting fleet invite: you are not in a fleet.
    -- I will do what I must to aid my family, friends, and fleet, in that order; no matter how many things, laws... or people... I have to break in order to do so. --
  • rfzanderrfzander Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013

My characters name is Zander@fltadmiralzander. I have switched fleets with this character maybe 4 times total. This character has been both online and off line when invites were sent out. I have had fleet mates try to invite this character and I have tried inviting myself several times. All of my privacy setting are open so nothing is set to block any type of invite for anything.