test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cannot join fleets

Comments

• angobarangobar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bump

same problem here. unfortunatly support could give a solution till now :confused: ...
  • silverfaustxsilverfaustx Member Posts: 262
    edited May 2013
    i cant invite some people to my fleet.. and others i can, seems total random
    its a major bug this.
  • sololoboosololoboo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i keft a fleet to get to another one but it wouldnt i recieved invites from hundreds of people and nothing worked i even created a fleet with 4 people and it created teh fleet but without me i also check with the gm they said its a fault on my end of the game and to restart the game and internet connection so basicaly im fleetless until this TRIBBLE gets fixed
  • vizh20vizh20 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same issue, and it's been solidly that way for about a week and a bit. Character is Jerry Dougal

Started in Starfleet Dental, left fleet to join Shutup Wesley, rejoined Dental, left again to do some business. When I tried to rejoin, the invite came through, I accepted, but there was no effect. Attempts today to get me back into the fleet have given the message that I already have a fleet invite. I submitted a ticket the other day, but haven't got a response.

Update: A subsequent attempt worked and I'm back in the Fleet. It sounds like a similar problem to how the Bios don't load a lot of the time.
  • angobarangobar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got it finaly working today ..

before the invite i used /hide and /unhide command. The next the inv worked.

Dont know if this is will fix it or it was a coincidence...
  • heero139heero139 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just tried /hide, /unhide; it didn't work for me.
    Zekkie@h33r0yuy
  • hcuarhcuar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So... I had the issue and fixed it by forming a fleet with someone on ESD. I was able to form the fleet, quit, and then rejoin my fleet.

I had quit my fleet to buy a ship from a T5 fleet. Same stuff as described.
    edited May 2013
    Just tried making my own fleet with some friends. They got in the fleet, I was still fleetless, even though I was the one that filled out the form to create the fleet and created it.
    Zekkie@h33r0yuy
  • colonelwolf74colonelwolf74 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am also unable to join a fleet. Whn i create one, eveyone else in my group is in it except for me. PWE, please fix this bug. Thank you and have a nice day.

BTW: This has been going on for three days for me.... just so you know PWE.

Biska@Biska
    biska1.jpg
  • ayanameayaname Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We are aware of the issue, unfortunately it's not consistent. Any further info would be helpful, such as specific character names and handles, the number of times you've switched fleets, if the character was online when the invite was made, or privacy settings. Any info of this type would be helpful in tracking down the problem.

I have been trying to join a fleet, and have been unsuccessful. I have never been in a fleet before and just found one that I thought might be nice.

I didn't expect to have this issue never having been in a fleet before but I have been, I have tried logging off and on again and no difference, I have also had 2 different people form the same fleet try, again no success..
    edited May 2013
    i hope they fix this very soon, or the new LOR update is going to go very bad, as non can buy a rom fleet ship..
  • madcatamadcata Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a toon, Striker, That left a fleet last week, then was unable to rejoin either the old fleet or the new fleet I was trying to join.

I was online and could see the invites, click on accept, no go. When a member of the old fleet sent me invites back to the old fleet, I was offline, but couldn't join. I could click accept, but no joining the fleet.
  • geekguy79geekguy79 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have 3 FED characters, at one point last week when I was trying all 3 of them had this problem and couldn't join a fleet. Someone asked if I wanted to join a fleet the other day and I said sure IF it works, go ahead and try, and it worked! And then even worked for my 2nd toon also coming into the fleet.

But my 3rd character is still having the problem. Just trying again every day or so, as I assume its just kind of totally random now.
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i hope they fix this very soon, or the new LOR update is going to go very bad, as non can buy a rom fleet ship..

I hate to say it, but this impacts a small number of people it seems and I am not sure how much focus they will put on it. If it were widespread it could be highly prioritized should the solution require a complex fix or substantial research.

I have a bug where items are not showing up in my Zstore to buy, that has been going on since the first year.

It is not my intention to to cause panic, but if you start a romulan toon and this happens while you are low level I would consider making a new toon should there be no word from the devs of a fix in the near future.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • rfzanderrfzander Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally got an invite to work so I was able to eventually join my fleet. But I counted and it took 253 invites from the time I started counting. Lord know how many invite were sent before I started.
  • admiralxav13radmiralxav13r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having the same problem, you would think the devs would at least answer.
  • ledurtnilocledurtniloc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am Ledurt Niloc@ledurtniloc I have only been in one fleet and never changed. I left because our fleet got hijacked and I want to join another with my core fleet mates. Help, please.
  • colonelwolf74colonelwolf74 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We are aware of the issue, unfortunately it's not consistent. Any further info would be helpful, such as specific character names and handles, the number of times you've switched fleets, if the character was online when the invite was made, or privacy settings. Any info of this type would be helpful in tracking down the problem.

This is Biska@Biska, the only one of my toons with this problem. I have switched fleets at least twice before and I was online everytime the invite was made. I have all my settings set so I can receive a fleet invite. If you need more information, please contact me.
    biska1.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rakesh@shadowfang240

this character has never been in a fleet since i created him, my privacy settings are all at their default levels, and i even turned them all on and back off to be sure

and the character was online when i received the invites...all 7 of them

EDIT: make that 9 times now with no success
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had a similar problem to this on a Windows 2008 network. It seemed that the user account info had become corrupted for certain users. I tried all the autorepair tricks and everything. Nothing worked and the problem was not consistant. In the end I had to manually rebuild the user info for each corrupted user account. Took a whole weekend.

Hope this is not the case here. Imagine if it was with so many users....Ouch!
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • otter480otter480 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same problem

tried everything

- logging out
    - restart game
    - restart pc
    - recheck the cache file on steam
    - tried step 1 an 2
    - changed privacy settings off an back on
    - did /hide & /unhide
    - accepted many many fleet invites

all resulted in the same thing

I CANT JOIN AN FLEET

made 3 bug reports. Cryptic still has to reply

this suck's.
  • martin1701dmartin1701d Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Had the problem for 8 days. Yesterday I was in Khito Space and got an invite from my old fleet. Boom it worked, of course support did not do anything. Perhaps you should try it this way. This game is so crazy, cant find any words for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Greetings from Germany

Martin
  • akrilonakrilon Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A member of our fleet also experienced this issue today. Multiple invites, but after clicking the 'accept' button, the invite would not actually complete.

He attempted logging out and logging back in as well as shutting down the game client altogether, and re-launching from the desktop with no effect. We recommended that he submit a ticket, but from the feedback in this thread, I don't have much hope that he'll receive assistance with this anytime soon.

This seems like a game-breaking bug that isn't isolated to one or two players. Hopefully this will be addressed as quickly as possible.
    faddc0e2956f1903cb9ac9197fb10cd8_large.png
    edited May 2013
    Well, it's been a week now and I'm still unable to get back into my fleet, or any fleet, and I've tried everything I can possibly think of.
    Zekkie@h33r0yuy
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you can't join a fleet, try this:

Go to social and make sure your privacy settings are set to Accept fleet invites.

In your message box, type the following command:

/whitelist_guild 0

Make sure you're on the same instance as the recruiter. Let your recruiter invite you to their team, then send you a fleet invite. After you receive the invite, type:

/Guild_AcceptInvite

Hope this helps.

PS- I've also noticed the universal fleet chat is disabled sometimes when joined in a private fleet channel. Idk why this happens, but it started a couple weeks ago and is intermittent.
    edited May 2013
    I was finally able to join my fleet today after the patch.
    Zekkie@h33r0yuy
  • madcatamadcata Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can only hope they get this bug fixed. I can only imagine the amount of people who will be more than a little irritated if they can't create Romulan fleets....
    edited May 2013
    i could invite someone who was bugged before
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well, i was able to get my bugged character in, so disregard my last post

looks like something in the LoR code may very well have fixed the problem
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • martin1701dmartin1701d Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Had the problem for 8 days. Yesterday I was in Khito Space and got an invite from my old fleet. Boom it worked, of course support did not do anything. Perhaps you should try it this way. This game is so crazy, cant find any words for it.

Forget this post. I am now without a fleet,again. Tried it one hour ago, still no success.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Greetings from Germany

Martin