edited May 2013
    :DPlease introduce a new Skill "Emergency power to Server 1-2-3"
    ( This skill if used well help 'the server does not turn off ):D
    www.confederazionestellareitaliana.com
    Premade Pvp Falchi Tricolori
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mandatorianmandatorian Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well.... maybe, cryptic should make a phonecall, and complain REALLY bad ...
    I know, this next bit is from 2009, but still..... hmmmm

Hi everyone!

This is really amazing! We have hit the limit of how many players we can fit on the server right now!

This is one of those times where we're both sad, and glad. On the one side, you all enjoy the game so much, we can't squeeze anyone else on to the server. (I can't log in right now either! )

On the other side, we really want to let you all on the server! So, here's what we're working on:

1) We're increasing server capacity. We have new machines coming in to add to the server, and we've put a rush order on them. We're going to bring them online as soon as we can.

2) We're working on software solutions as well. Our development team is working night and day to be able to get as much power as we can from each machine, and we're focusing on increasing capacity, and server stability.

For now, all we can say is, please keep trying. We know it's frustrating. Please keep trying though. You never know when you might be able to get in!

Thank you for your patience, thank you for your support, and thank you for your interest in Star Trek Online!

Stormshade
    Link: http://www.rarityguide.com/forums/star-trek-online-sto/21597-star-trek-online-server-maxed-out-cryptic-increase-server-capacity.html
  • hydrodurahydrodura Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ever since they added the new game neverwinter to the same server star trek online is on. thing was bad before. since neverwinter it been HORRIBLE!! best part someone will still try to defend cryptic. But it seem like cryptic has forgot the star trek online community. this is like there 5th crash in 10 days. way to go cryptic
  • dichtbringerdichtbringer Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ingredients:

1 pound dry ziti pasta
    1 onion, chopped
    1 pound lean ground beef
    2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
    6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
    1 1/2 cups sour cream
    6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
    2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:

1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
    2. In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
    3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
    4. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.
    STO Voice Control Tutorial Video: WATCH
    ELITE STF SPEED RECORDS (time on optional remaining):
    S07: KASE: 12:54 | CSE: 13:20 | ISE: 12:38 All held personally, my POV
    LOR: KASE: 13:19 | CSE: 13:47 | ISE: 13:34 None held personally, other player's POV
    S08: coming soon
  • lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cenell wrote: »
    I am going to guess they do not make enough money to operate the systems for all these games on independent server machines? just a thought.

I call bullshi*.
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Come on nerds, settle down.

Why not go into the kitchen and cook yourself up a nice dinner? I've got a great recipe for Chicken Parmesan Bake here, goes great with garlic potatoes. Check it out!

"In less than an hour, you can make this simply delicious chicken dish, baked in a flavorful tomato sauce and topped with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. It's a winner!"

Ingredients:

1 (24 ounce) jar Prego? Traditional Italian Sauce

1/3 cup Kraft? grated Parmesan cheese

2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

1/2 (8 ounce) package KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

1 (11.25 ounce) package Pepperidge Farm? Garlic Texas Toast, prepared according to package directions

Directions:

Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Pour the sauce into a 13 x 9 x2-inch baking dish. Stir in half the Parmesan cheese. Add the chicken and turn to coat.

Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese.

Bake for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve the chicken and sauce with the toast.

Enjoy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • kesak13kesak13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drizzec wrote: »
    I think they did fly her apart and when it went boom it took out the other online games that are on the same server...lol
    Also a good translation of this.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic compensating it's customers for it's broken servers? Get out!
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    YAY for crashes... not really... Think it's time to pull this server out (well back up all the data first) and properly execute it... I mean retire it.:D
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • corjetcorjet Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay! Oh... Wait a minute... Don't we have to do that in-game? <G>
  • solcratessolcrates Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maybe if we bypass the power converters and relay the server right up your %#$@&amp;
  • picard99picard99 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I could play 1 hour, woohoo :P

Edit: Make that 2 full minutes :) new record :p
  • vlertvlert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I don't understand... they can move DOZENS of threads the instant they pop up, but they can't up date the server status on the main website?
  • casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, let's be honest now.

Everyone and their dog is panicking, trying to download the 14GB Tribble server files so they can spend two hours on Tribble to claim the special reward.

This drain on bandwidth is what's killing the game.

Easy solution: Cryptic, announce that due to the issues this weekend, everyone will get the reward regardless of whether they log into Tribble or not.

Everyone will relax. The problem will be solved instantly.
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You will NOT get any compensation and ranting like a child on a forum does nothing either. Stop with all the drama and wait, :cool:

Preach it brother, I don't under stand all the haters and trolls who wine and complain about everything. I'm a lifetime sub and I'm loving this game. Sure the outage is inconvenient but it's a fact of life everything breaks down. In the Old Days Trolls were called Rabble Rousers, their main objective was to start a revolt or riot with their hate filled rants filling the air with poison like ejecting warp plasma.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • njsjedinjsjedi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    10 pages to go....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Fleet builds the fleet

join date Feb 10
    twitter us at sccfleet.
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    velqua wrote: »
    What are some alternative games to play while STO is offline?

Anything that is actually "working as intended".
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited May 2013
    I can't wait to see how terrible things will be for LoR. We should all take a 1-2 week break and give them time to get their "house" in order. :mad:
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,879 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know that most DEVs are working hard and do their best to bring LoR within timeline. However, this is mostly an observation and it is the right time to bring up the issue of more backup capability to existing servers. Not a complaint since I know it's a crazy weekend with Tribble testing going on and getting STO ready for the upgrade.

Don't think its much to ask since I have seen personally server issues ever since the game was on Beta. Everytime there's a new season (7 by now) the servers were not able to keep up with demands and this is illogical. If you have seen this behavior 7X wouldn't it be learned by now to ensure there is proper infraestructure to keep up with the demand that is coming. If you don't have the funds necessary just ask those who have seen this problem around and I'm sure most folks would understand and pay a little bit extra to get a better quality service. Just saying this is the BEST TIME to either upgrade or expand server capacity. Guess Cryptic is lucky that in the past it wasnt as bad to what SIM CITY had to through a few weeks ago and hope as smart individuals as they are...lessons from the past are learned well.

Before you move this thread to the junk pile (like so many other instability server issues) please pass the feedback along to decision makers. Some of us are willing to pay extra for better quality service.

Thanks
    DUwNP.gif

• doltarhrsoljahtdoltarhrsoljaht Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am curious, everyone keeps saying "the" server. I'm sure you are using more than 1 right? I mean to support this type of full blown gaming I'd think you'd be using around 8 or more. I wouldn't be surprised if it were over 12.
    Whatever the problem is I'm sure you always fully explain to you users the problem and how it was fixed.
    Sincerely,
    Ron
    p.s. Just from me personally, I want to thank all those involved with the creation of this game and am very pleased with it,.... personally.
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone praying?
  • materwindumaterwindu Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bigmarine2 wrote: »
    I blame Q Was that close to killing the last Borg

Better be careful throwing the blame on Q. He comes around once in a while, and if he sees that, he may decide to turn us all into a single celled organism.
  • gotenksssj22gotenksssj22 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what i find funny is the servers are dead but the frontpage is saying the servers are up
  • porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ingredients Edit and Save

Watch video tips and tricks

Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken

Yummy Honey Chicken Kabobs

Grilled Lemon & Yogurt Chicken

Five Spice Grilled Chicken

Grilled Chicken Salad Sandwich

Chris' Grilled Orange Chicken

Beer Lime Grilled Chicken

Baked Honey Mustard Chicken

Jenny?s Grilled Chicken TRIBBLE

How to Bone a Chicken Breast
    Original recipe makes 4 servingsChange Servings
    1/3 cup Dijon mustard
    1/4 cup honey
    2 tablespoons mayonnaise
    1 teaspoon steak sauce
    4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    Check All Add to Shopping List
    Directions

Preheat the grill for medium heat.
    In a shallow bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayonnaise, and steak sauce. Set aside a small amount of the honey mustard sauce for basting, and dip the chicken into the remaining sauce to coat.
    Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill chicken over indirect heat for 18 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until juices run clear. Baste occasionally with the reserved sauce during the last 10 minutes. Watch carefully to prevent burning!
  • admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do believe that any Lifetime member or present subscriber should be awarded a month stipend of Zen and 10 lock box keys by way of compensation for paying for a service not being provided.

Each payment of compensation to be each hour or part there off that the paid for service is not available.
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    casbyness wrote: »
    Okay, let's be honest now.

Everyone and their dog is panicking, trying to download the 14GB Tribble server files so they can spend two hours on Tribble to claim the special reward.

This drain on bandwidth is what's killing the game.

Easy solution: Cryptic, announce that due to the issues this weekend, everyone will get the reward regardless of whether they log into Tribble or not.

Everyone will relax. The problem will be solved instantly.

Torrent the game. That should ease some of the burden.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • dinos2012dinos2012 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hahaaa.....The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
  • wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know what WILL be done.. Cryptic knows too.. customers will not put up with constant and annoying down time.. regardless of how good something is, its no good if you cant use it, and people will leave.. Cryptic knows this.. i'm certain they're working on a solution..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
This discussion has been closed.