test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Network Outage (Resolved!)

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,425 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    howtok wrote: »
    Forget it they are even not man enough to post on the webside that the Server went gaga again.
    Branflakes posted about ten minutes ago to say that everything Cryptic owns just went bye-bye, and "techs are looking into it" (translation: techs are fighting their way through Silicon Valley traffic to get back into the office on their day off).

Reading is FUN-damental!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • georgeorwingeorgeorwin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    whoami2 wrote: »
    man either they upgrade or there going to loose customers

on what will they loose the customers on?
  • m4tth3wk4n3m4tth3wk4n3 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe cryptic should hire an EXPERT in networking and infrastructure...

This is just too ridiculous...

To be honest, I am a free2player so I may not have the permission to be pissed, but on the other hand you LTS/Golds are paying to play this game and simply put you CANT play because of Cryptics incompetence!...

Read this while you can because it will get removed... and probably get a warning ingame aswell...

Wouldnt be the first time...

Greetzz
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oldspyguy wrote: »
    Why are we launching new content when we can't keep the existing content up & running?

It's not the old content which makes this, it's the upcoming content why this hapens, they have to try new things. creating/trying something new has it's consiquences. but it's for the good of community if it pays off.
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ?he's hired? now all we got to do is get him near the on swtich ...
  • treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bran says "Cheers". I take a shot. Bran says "Cheers", I take a shot ...

Dang ... with this being the 6th [or 7th ?] outage this week alone,
    I'd be so drunk I couldn't even find the shotglass anymore.
  • porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All this Nerd Rage is freaking hilarious. . . ."Off with their heads" . . . . "Cryptic sucks". . . . "They should give us compensation" . . . . bwahahahah. Really guys, really? If this game means that much to you to then it's time to re-evaluate priorities in your life--it's only a game.
  • kublakhan81kublakhan81 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I take responsibility for any outages occurring since the beginning of May. I, stupidly (?), bought a month subscription for the upcoming LoR release. I take this as a sign of my bad luck.

My apologies to you all. :)
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited May 2013
    2013-05-11_1352.png

Here we go again. Was 208 out of 734. Login came up and crashed again.
  • j4321j4321 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys know what it is- right?

Their 3 network engineers are the cheapest A+ certified techs they could find, and the poor souls had their Experts Exchange account expire last week, so they've had to resort to the Networking Magic 8 ball.

*shake shake* Reboot edge router, update BGP tables, pray

*shake shake* Trunk in a second 10mbit connection and hope for the best

*shake shake* Use a Cox cable modem for a backup connection and hope nobody notices!
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The best possible response the STO Community could give to these constant server outages is for the next 2 days to not spend a single penny on the game, and let Cryptic see how much it costs them each time for issues like arising
  • akistosakistos Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've tried to stay quiet but this pushes me to the point of having to say something.

I've seen the blame thrown all over the place- "cryptic buy your servers!" "Brandon fix your ****." "it's not cryptic's fault, it's the fault of their asian overlords." "The tribbles are back," etc, etc.

it's at this point that we need to stop figuring out who's to blame and figure out what the hell is wrong and most importantly, what can be done to prevent it ever happening again.

from what i understand, the server has spent more time today offline than on. I want to quote one of my college professors, who said the following to compare baseball players with their 6 figure contracts, and professional (orchestral) musicians, who lack a significant digit when compared to baseball players.

"A good baseball player- the best, even- will step up to bat and usually miss a ball or two. Even at the top of the majors, zero point three three three is considered pretty good. If you can consistently hit one out of three balls, you're off to a great start and are probably gonna net a point for your team by running in another batter.

Now, imagine going to the symphony and hearing the musicians get only 1 in every three notes right."

In this case, the Perfect world servers are failing to deliver a service their peers, their competition is easily delivering. While STO is down, your players are running off to play DDO, league of legends, *********, The Old Republic, and a dozen other games with a similar "free to play, premium content available" SOP.

Even if a business doesn't care about its customers, it had damn well better care about where the customer's money is going and as long as these servers are down, that money is NOT flowing to you.

For Greed's sake, cryptic/PWE/asian overlords....let us give you money.
  • cenellcenell Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am going to guess they do not make enough money to operate the systems for all these games on independent server machines? just a thought.
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "She canna take it captain!....ya canna break the laws of physics!...oh....wait...someone kicked the plug out of the socket....sorry...my bad....:o"
    server_hamster6.png
  • xalexkxxalexkx Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i remember lagging as fk after 3 year old even release on first day.
    just imagine on 21st of may the lag, the bugs
    and btw, if cryptic reads my post, before doing LoR , fix the old fking bugs like the defera ones
    To boldly go where no FAWer has ever FAWed before.
  • borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe cryptic should hire an EXPERT in networking and infrastructure...

This is just too ridiculous...

To be honest, I am a free2player so I may not have the permission to be pissed, but on the other hand you LTS/Golds are paying to play this game and simply put you CANT play because of Cryptics incompetence!...

Read this while you can because it will get removed... and probably get a warning ingame aswell...

Wouldnt be the first time...

Greetzz

i know my share of it, i will do it even for free for them, if the game works finally longer as 20 minute's.
  • gypsyinspacegypsyinspace Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't even pull up the Neverwinter forums. At least ours are staying up.
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been debating buying some more Zen but the recent bugginess of the game has made the decision much easier.

I will not invest any more real money in an unstable game.

I actually spent more money this past week on Zen than I have in a while. With all of these outages, it's time for me to hop onboard this wagon. I am not paying for instability.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • brollydoggbrollydogg Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I may be f2p but I spend a lot of money on zen and I would like to know if we the players will get some thing for our lost time on your game I would be happy with a master key 10 pack or some extra EC or any thing as a show of good will on your end for the lack of play time I really enjoy this game so much that I stoped playing everything else and I hope you have the problem fixed soon b4 launch of legacy good luck
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nevawinna wrote: »
    hey Pwe, Brilliant Marketing Idea Here: Seeing How Neverwinter And Star Trek Online Are On The Same Server And How Amazing That Works You Should Consider A Merge. Call It... Never Online!

LMAO!!! :D :P :D

/10 chars.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I DON'T THINK IT IS A server PROBLEM MORE LIKE A NETWORK PROBLEM
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess I got lucky when I logged in an hour ago.

Was going to log back in around now to start another round of DOff assignments... :/
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • metaphorgrandemetaphorgrande Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should go check the facebook page, it is hilarious. 1 box apologizing for the downtime, then a few boxes on how awesome LoR is going to be. Then another box apologizing for downtime, then a few boxes about how awesome LoR is going to be. The another box apolgizing for downtime, then a few boxes about how awesome LoR is going to be. Then another box apolgizing for......you get the picture. I stopped scrolling down it got so bad.
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is getting frakking ridiculous. I was in infected elite, we were just about to take down the tactical cube and then.........crash.
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • shadow88030shadow88030 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any Trek nerd should understand that the magical transgenic tribble that will fix everything WON'T be installed until Tuesday. It's just the Trek way.
    Starfleet: Persephone, Silas, Alexandra, Purrs-a-lot, Insanity, Alala, Nicki Minaj, Apathy and Liz Lemon
    KDF: Absolution, Vox, Vadim, Sammiches and Unknown Refugee
    Member of Network 23 FED and Imperial Legion
  • andoriansrusandoriansrus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it amazes me that the servers come down again in less than two hours time and that it affects ALL the PWE/Cryptic Games..... it also amazes me how fast I see a new thread about it disappear and get the person wanting to read it redirected to the post that says they are "working" on said problem..... seriously whoever runs your server farm where this is needs to be fired for gross incompetence

lets see how long this thread is still here should disappear in 3.... 2.... 1.......
    Major Xi'Zzin
    I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
    Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
    I have never trusted humans, and I never will
  • njsjedinjsjedi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DUMP one of the three games it was fine when you had two!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Fleet builds the fleet

join date Feb 10
    twitter us at sccfleet.
  • georgeorwingeorgeorwin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I take responsibility for any outages occurring since the beginning of May. I, stupidly (?), bought a month subscription for the upcoming LoR release. I take this as a sign of my bad luck.

My apologies to you all. :)

I agree, I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize as well. Though we, the players, have tried to maintain a stable environment, we've failed you, the players. I'm sorry.
  • joker13874joker13874 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I pay a lifetime and i dont play the game...why?
    www.confederazionestellareitaliana.com
    Premade Pvp Falchi Tricolori
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vorlonangelvorlonangel Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hate to complain and this is actually my first ever post, but seriously?!?!?! According to Criptic's 3 year anniversary stats poster, there are hundreds of thousands of ships out there and growing, you would like to think someone would have taken the number of servers into account at some point. Could CBS give you guys a lone or DONATE some servers for this issue. I love your game but when it becomes more frustrating than fun what is the point.
This discussion has been closed.