Install Arc

Network Outage (Resolved!)

Comments

• broadnaxbroadnax Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    velqua wrote: »
    Microsoft Windows ME, Vista, and 8

:P

I've been running Vista for seven years and have never had the issues some seem to have. My wife had been running it for five just fine too.

Except for a few of my older software games not being compatible, I've never really understood the angst about Vista (based on our experiences).
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

The team is investigating the network outage -- all Cryptic games and services are affected. Please stand by.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Same as the previous outage then. Couldn't access Star Trek Online or Neverwinter.
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    porchsong wrote: »
    All this Nerd Rage is freaking hilarious. . . ."Off with their heads" . . . . "Cryptic sucks". . . . "They should give us compensation" . . . . bwahahahah. Really guys, really? If this game means that much to you to then its time to re-evaluate your priorities in life--it's only a game.

That's not the point. It's not *just a game* it's a product. A service that most of us all pay for and dump hours of our lives into. They can't just crash their servers like this and expect us not to complain. ITS OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT MAN, don't you get that? You're so unamerican.

Hey Jim *waves* :D:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • twelveparsecstwelveparsecs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great kid, don't get penisy!
  • dsarisdsaris Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, this is just with Neverwinter in Beta.

Imagine when Neverwinter goes live AND the Romulans are available on STO.

I'm sure the folks at Cryptic already know this, but they need to invest in some MAJOR upgrades within the next two weeks or both games will be completely unplayable.
  • merlin24nlmerlin24nl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In order to get rid of the tribbles in the server room we released some Epos to track them down, unfortunately the Epos now have started chewing at the cables...
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The best possible response the STO Community could give to these constant server outages is for the next 2 days to not spend a single penny on the game, and let Cryptic see how much it costs them each time for issues like arising

I am starting to believe this would be a viable option.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • kesak13kesak13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    brollydogg wrote: »
    I may be f2p but I spend a lot of money on zen and I would like to know if we the players will get some thing for our lost time on your game I would be happy with a master key 10 pack or some extra EC or any thing as a show of good will on your end for the lack of play time I really enjoy this game so much that I stoped playing everything else and I hope you have the problem fixed soon b4 launch of legacy good luck
    I am a lifer and I ask this same question.
  • harvvyharvvy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are they patching or just having troubles?
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More details flakes of Bran. Twice in one day is unacceptable without details.

Details : simple, the issue is situated at Cryptics end, between the desk and chair. Sorry for the harsh words, but even with all technical problems that may occur, if I or any other person that has the luxury to work, delivers a service like Cryptic is doing the last weeks, we would get sacked, dry and without remorse. :mad:
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nevawinna wrote: »
    Hey PWE, brilliant marketing idea here: seeing how Neverwinter and Star Trek Online are on the same server and how amazing that works you should consider a merge. Call it... Never Online!
    Never Enter Nights.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • elijahriderelijahrider Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well they are doing a live beta test to find problems...I would say they found a problem!
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you sure this is not due to the romulan beta test? I have a feeling this will happen at the new romulan debute.
  • xalexkxxalexkx Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joker13874 wrote: »
    I pay a lifetime and i dont play the game...why?

stable server is not included in lifetime subscription.
    for stable server token you need 5000 zen. note: stable server doesnt mean not lagging, just not failing
    To boldly go where no FAWer has ever FAWed before.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    By my count, there have been 16 hours of downtime so far this month

thats 97.77 percent uptime at the top end if it never goes down again before the 30th.

At 14.99 a month sub...

you owe a paying customer... 33 cents

>_>
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tsf00181 wrote: »
    Either Cryptic needs new servers, or their ISP sucks.

Probably a combination of the two (I suspect it's more to do with the ISP). We'll probably never know though as Cryptic hasn't exactly been forthcoming with information since the string of crashes that started with Neverwinter's release.
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think the thread 'disappearing' is being merged with other threads of a similar nature, keepts the forums tidy

(lo and behold the thread got merged :P kinda a shame i didnt quote the person, kinda looks like i randomly started talking to myself.. hehe)
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • terminationshockterminationshock Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    starmanj wrote: »
    I DON'T THINK IT IS A server PROBLEM MORE LIKE A NETWORK PROBLEM

Either way a little Risk Management and common sense would mitigate this nonsense.
  • m4tth3wk4n3m4tth3wk4n3 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    I have just the song for the occasion, A Fleetwood Mac Special!

This song is just PERFECT! And by the way, I can kinda enjoy Fleetwood Mac... :)

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies... hahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahaha
  • drizzecdrizzec Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    server crashed again can not login.
  • superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    I guess I got lucky when I logged in an hour ago.

Was going to log back in around now to start another round of DOff assignments... :/

So, the server goes up. I do a mission and a Starbase Defence stf. Decide to go for a walk until the lag clears up and I come back to the servers down again?

I guess I was right first time, EU players can write STO off for sat. Looks like i'm never going to get to do tour the galaxy !
  • fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah,what old spy guy said. I'm getting tired of this sh%#:mad:This and they can't fix my costume bug!
  • solcratessolcrates Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    of course its on my weekend off. I want zen for my heartache!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • captainmarethyucaptainmarethyu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OH MY GOD!!! YOU PEOPLE REALLY NEED FIX THE SERVER ALREADY! THIS IS GETTING REALLY OUT OF HAND! ITS THE SECOND TIME TODAY!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • njsjedinjsjedi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when we get to page 50 the game will be back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Fleet builds the fleet

join date Feb 10
    twitter us at sccfleet.
  • alexmavrosalexmavros Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    njsjedi wrote: »
    when we get to page 50 the game will be back

Lol, maybe it will work :)).
  • wippetgoodwippetgood Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Of course what do you expect when the game is running on Windows servers. You would think these companies would have learned by now.
  • xalexkxxalexkx Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    red alert!
    emergency power to servers. lol
    To boldly go where no FAWer has ever FAWed before.
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought the downtime earlier in the week was supposed to prevent this?

I mean that's what they SAID. :confused:
  • njsjedinjsjedi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    merlin24nl wrote: »
    In order to get rid of the tribbles in the server room we released some Epos to track them down, unfortunately the Epos now have started chewing at the cables...

yumm they taste better than tribbles!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Fleet builds the fleet

join date Feb 10
    twitter us at sccfleet.
This discussion has been closed.