test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy of Romulus Open Beta and Tribble Test Weekend [Now Ended]

Comments

• xxbrentisbeastxxxxbrentisbeastxx Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else having trouble logging in? I'm trying to load up the launcher and it wont connect.
    "Saddle up. Lock and load." - Data

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how about you extend the tribble test weekend in lieu of all the outages eh? nobody's gonna get an hour in if it keeps crashing every 15 seconds (and 16 minutes spent waiting on the ques).
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • txn8vtxn8v Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LoR is the best I have ever played. Truly wow. The scenery, the acting, the script - NOW this is Star Trek!!!

And by and large few minor and expected glitches.

Well Done!

Agree completely, now if they can just get appropriate servers to support this undertaking, hey will be in great shape.
    "You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin charge around here." - Jane Cobb
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    STEP ONE: Take Neverwinter off of our Box and put it on its own......
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    txn8v wrote: »
    Agree completely, now if they can just get appropriate servers to support this undertaking, hey will be in great shape.

I don't even know where to start at times running around just looking at stuff LOL. I'm in my 40's running around giggling like a I'm back on the playground. I've waited three years for those viewscreen moments that make Star Trek what it is.
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm assuming we will have to go to Facebook or Twitter to find out what's happening. Heaven forbid they post something in the Official STO Forum.........

*Yes indeeed. They posted to Facebook 10 minutes ago. Still nothing here, right?*
    edited May 2013
    captrod71 wrote: »
    lmao, had fun till i got DC'd and now get queued and then DC'd over and over. now loader isnt working either

Me too. got to play for about 6 hours then .....WTF!! Server crash!! Oh wait, what was I thinking, this is normal! Just usually happens more often.

I call it progress....of a sort.
    "You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin charge around here." - Jane Cobb
  • sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Again, cannot log in to holodeck
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pingahead wrote: »
    STEP ONE: Take Neverwinter off of our Box and put it on its own......

no way ,they want to be sure both neverwinter and LoR will have server problems so everyone will forget about the game and focus on ...well ,offline status.Real shame since LoR story and content are really great...
    edited May 2013
    anybody else cannot get past the "updating Launcher"?
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am NOT going to give anything away here but WOW.
    I played with my ported over lvl 50 fed and was blown away by the new adventure zone on Nimbus III.
    I created a Romulan, just to play to lvl 10 or so, make the ally choice and maybe quite and not spoil everything before it all goes live. HOLY C**P! Amazing stuff. A little hinky with some of the hairdos having clipping issues, and the odd belt which clips through some jackets, but still... WOW! Don't like some of the colour pallets being different for different costume parts (I like my boots to match my belt and trousers to match my tops, slave to fashion, that's me :D ) but I can live with it.
    Rolled a Klink as well and am SO glad that they have made the tutorial the KDF deserves. it makes sense, and reuses existing "tutorial" stuff really well to make a clear story.
    I may just delete my Fed and have a go from scratch there as well... Almost reads a bit like the tutorial I suggested ages ago but with a different enemy... ;)
    Server issues? Pah! I expected as much since this is the Open Beta weekend of the biggest expansion this game has seen since F2P went live.

LoR? I'm lovin' it!
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

edited May 2013
    I don't even know where to start at times running around just looking at stuff LOL. I'm in my 40's running around giggling like a I'm back on the playground. I've waited three years for those viewscreen moments that make Star Trek what it is.

I'm almost 50 and I am right there with ya. LOOK at that! NO, look..wow that's cool!! Only complaint so far is my Andorian wing cannon shots look kinda goofy.

I cannot wait until this goes live....WOOT... WOOT!!
  • jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been playing this over the weekend, when it's been possible - no, I'm not complaining about the queues, I get that it's gonna happen - and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Truly feels like you're a Romulan pursuing a Romulan agenda. Ships are great, voice-acting is superb, missions have been a lot of fun (and surprisingly, I didn't run into too many bugs, other than the one or two I felt it necessary to report).

I'm gonna leave it here, though; I've done a couple of hours, and I want to have SOME surprises from when it goes live in a couple of weeks. Thanks for everything. You've got a happy player, here.
  • talgenetalgene Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was in queue to get in the beta and it lost connection, now can't connect to cryptic launcher updater.
  • syliatanasyliatana Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unable to connect to patch server...:(
  • unstable4242unstable4242 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can anyone kick the patch server to wake it up? :mad:
  • wolfsquadronwolfsquadron Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    launcher is real hinky!
    Admiral Marsh Williams, FED, Tactical, USS Benicia
    Governor R'Non, KDF, Engineer, IKS Rottaran
    Commander Jobel Kahn, FED, Tactical, USS John McClane
    edited May 2013
    txn8v wrote: »
    Me too. got to play for about 6 hours then .....WTF!! Server crash!! Oh wait, what was I thinking, this is normal! Just usually happens more often.

I call it progress....of a sort.

Indeed, it would seem we have forgot how normal the crashes are haha. It just seems to hit us harder due to the fact that LOR on tribble just got released for the test weekend, and few of us have even been able to stay on for longer than a few hours. Especially after the 30 minute queue time to get into tribble.

I have watched Brandon's play through and I know that what they have going is really awesome! Great ideas, concepts and content. If only they could find a faster and better way to balance Neverwinter and Tribble update's extra load onto the servers.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nachtfangennachtfangen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, they screwed it pretty hard on the test server. Utter lack of preparedness for the load they would get when the ability to *gasp* actually playtest the new content only ten days before release was announced.

Not working as intended at all.

So if this screwy patcher prevents people from actually logging on and testing... will those players be eligible for a similar award for Time Wasted? Considering that if the patcher fails they can't log into normal STO either!
  • whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yay the rommys beta are out and they are awesome!
  • marrrtinsmarrrtins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why the heck are you trying to launch an expansion to a game that you can not even keep in a stable state?!?! The last few weeks this has felt more like Star Trek OFFLINE due to either maintenance or server crashes. Please delay LOR until you can keep the current game in a steady state.
    edited May 2013
    Yay loader is up!:) ... aww server is down. :confused:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013

LOL...my thoughts exactly!!:rolleyes:
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    open beta now live ? , what a joke that is :(
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
    edited May 2013
    Everything dead now?
  • wolfsquadronwolfsquadron Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

couldnt have said it better myself :)
    Admiral Marsh Williams, FED, Tactical, USS Benicia
    Governor R'Non, KDF, Engineer, IKS Rottaran
    Commander Jobel Kahn, FED, Tactical, USS John McClane
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think a music interlude is called for:

Beat this

Yo!

Bro!

All good :)
  • mikoto123amikoto123a Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well if its any consolation - It seems a lot of servers are having problems today:mad:

Played Nimbus for a while - spent more time in the waiting to get in, and even more downloading the patch.
  • longjohn9longjohn9 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't get on still just got my newest toon to 50 and was heading to sol system to pick new ship when the server went down:( and my new alternative game neverwinter is having the same issues ugh didn't realize that they were on same launcher till now. :confused:what were they thinking?
  • greyfoot7492greyfoot7492 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for opening the teaser of playing a Romulan, The graphics had some problems but a huge kudos and good job on revamping the overall look and feel of the game. A new player will find a story which grabs them into an amazing trip and for the players playing a while, they will find a new look and easier to access options and an expansion to skills and abilities opening up more customization to their characters.
    I liked the choices and felt the big complaints some of the pvpers used to have about the kdf having cloak and hit tactics will have no problem with the romulan warbirds able to cloak and hit added to the federation side equalizing the sides a bit more. I like the added warp core, adds more to customizing the ships.
    Some graphic problems already cited by many fellow gamers are just the few tweaks I observed, over all a good feel and a great job, thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.