What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus Open Beta and Tribble Test Weekend [Now Ended]

Comments

• Options
    pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, would have to guess that the Tribble Beta is failing.

How do you figure that? The server issues are supposed to be brought to light through beta. If anything, I'd say it's a success, because it draws attention to a problem they're having, and they can get on fixing it as such.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i feel sorry for anyone trying to get on tribble now it totally manic, endless waiting in que and then as soon as you get through instantly diconected again.
    try getting on early in the morning about 6am gmt, it was pritty easy this morning and didnt seem to go crazy till about 2pm
    i suspect this is nothing compaired to what it will be like on holodeck on 21st you think its hard now .... just you wait.
    as it is ive had a good go at it now and i am quite happy that ive covered most of the new stuff.
    so ill step back and let others give it a go. for now anyway.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    rmackiermackie Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah so apparently the log in server is down,as it tells me it can't find an internet connect to get into sto, yet i am posting here....Perhaps a few more server tests were needed?
    Commanding Officer USS Intrepid

Commanding Officer USS Frontenac

Commanding Officer Enterprise NX-01
  • Options
    nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played around on Tribble in the LoR BETA early this morning, and was totally blown away by the story depth & graphics quality. Heck, I'm not even ashamed to admit that I actually like Tovan quite a bit.

I decided to log back in and pitter around a little more a while ago. I happily sat through the login queue, only to immediately enter "server not responding" mode for over 300 seconds til I was booted (I figured it was screwed after 30) Now I can't log in to either Tribble or Holodeck, yikes. I hope this isn't an omen for launch day. :eek:
  • Options
    sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got disconnected from holodeck and can't get in anymore. any similar issues?
  • Options
    mikoto123amikoto123a Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just got server not responding .... then log in screen :eek: then nothing :confused:

Launcher now just sits a white screen of death...:P or unable to eastablish ...:rolleyes:

Hope I managed to get an hour of play in...... considering it took 4 hours last night and an hour this morning to patch..
  • Options
    silverfaustxsilverfaustx Member Posts: 262
    edited May 2013
    u are NOT ready too release lor...
    also fire the people that run the servers..and feed the hamsters more
  • Options
    malliciaxmalliciax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes we all are having the same issue. give it a little time i am sure they will sort things out here soon :)
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The issue affects all Cryptic games, on all servers. Engineers are working on it. Community managers are monitoring and will announce on the forums when they know more. We're merging most of the redundant discussions into this thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=668351

...so I'm sure that one will get updated when it's fixed. Thanks for your patience!
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope they get the server back up by 11pm BST as i was planning on doing the tour the universe event tonight
    The True King In The North
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,428 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It was fun testing while it lasted. Looks like the Nukara reputation rifle may actually replace the breen gun against the Tholians.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    questerius wrote: »
    It was fun testing while it lasted. Looks like the Nukara reputation rifle may actually replace the breen gun against the Tholians.

Breen gum? you mean cryo from crystaline set?
  • Options
    howtokhowtok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well Cryptic;
    In a subnet of my company I still have a 10Mbit! hub wich is working for the last 8yrs just fine, i could donate it to u if that might fix ure network problems :D
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    The issue affects all Cryptic games, on all servers. Engineers are working on it. Community managers are monitoring and will announce on the forums when they know more. We're merging most of the redundant discussions into this thread:

...so I'm sure that one will get updated when it's fixed. Thanks for your patience!

Whilst I do enjoy the ability to speak to people using the in game chat across multiple games... It seems like it's damaging to Cryptic as a whole having this setup.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »

You know you closed that thread right?
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,428 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sharxtreme wrote: »
    Breen gum? you mean cryo from crystaline set?

I mean this one: http://sto.gamepedia.com/CRM_200

Up until now it has been the most effective weapon against the Tholians.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, interesting. I just had a queue position jump from 560/564, to 12077 of 12077. Thought subscribers got priority in queues and stuff. :p wtf.

Oh wait, back to 514 now. okay.
  • Options
    lordkylix47lordkylix47 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everything is proceeding according to plan.
    [SIGPIC]Dark Lord Kylix[/SIGPIC]
    Vice Admiral Dromund Kylix, U.S.S. Imperator, Emissary-class Mirror Universe Assault Cruiser
    Commander P'Jem Kylix
    Kami Zenatra Kylix
  • Options
    hinkszornhinkszorn Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well i am a Life Member and it started at 534/640 and now goes to 12001/12001. So not sure what is going on.
  • Options
    anubis0sarvouranubis0sarvour Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am SO psyched! I can't wait to get started!
    3fe5520084f54ba06a859d0b2c824e771701473049.png
    The Borg Assimilator
    Live Long and Prosper.🖖[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    capteniceman0047capteniceman0047 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just want to let you know that there is a lost of voice talk on the movie parts that come on and off. and I think i found a bug too that will trap u in wall by a house that u can get in but cant get out.
  • Options
    capteniceman0047capteniceman0047 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Man!!! the servers are so full been trying to get in .
  • Options
    stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Man!!! the servers are so full been trying to get in .

Waited 25 minutes in line. And 2 minutes after getting in, I get disconnected from account server and can't get back in.
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well this sucks, started at over 500 in the Q then got to just under 100 and then i timed out and got kicked from the game.
  • Options
    whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    after the beta do u still keep the toon or make new when it comes out
  • Options
    wyteeagle777wyteeagle777 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hinkszorn wrote: »
    Well this sucks, started at over 500 in the Q then got to just under 100 and then i timed out and got kicked from the game.

It is the same for me as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And now i cant get in at all. Things look great.....not
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Looks like it crashed once again
  • Options
    stamponatribblestamponatribble Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'v been unable to get the launcher to even load for about 3 hours now. this has only happened sinse I patched for Tribble.
  • Options
    drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LoR is the best I have ever played. Truly wow. The scenery, the acting, the script - NOW this is Star Trek!!!

And by and large few minor and expected glitches. There is just so much there.

Well Done!
This discussion has been closed.