Install Arc
Options

Login Q is bugged

Comments

• Options
    maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    Well I'm just glad I was able to squeeze in an hour and a a half of testing time last night. If anything, I met the time requirement for the test reward.

Same here. Played for +3 hours. Today I've been watching queue numbers going up and down at random for the better part of an hour. That's no fun. I'll go play Neverwinter.

What?
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hi all , hate to bring most of you some bad news but another bud a mine with this issue the game told him it had a corrupted file that caused this.....
    ergo YOUR NOT ever going to get back in.....can this be confirmed?

I got back in twice in spite of this bug.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    robdmc wrote: »
    It would be scary if the queue logged you off after an hour of being idle and you had to start at the end of the queue again.

I didn't want to...but I had to lol at that...meh.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Waiting 20 minutes to get in was ok the first time.

But getting DC'd to do it again? I'm like, uh, not sure I'm going to bother.

Then having to do it allllll over again just to switch characters?

Sorry, test this stuff on your own homies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just got a "failed to login" after I had finally managed to get to the 200th place...

You know, before I started playing this game I used to be such a relaxed polite individual, who would never even swear on an internet forum.

Now though...

For f*** sake.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well. I can only assume there will be a fix at one point in time.
    Luckily, I managed to play for a few hours early this morning, so I can look forward to see my Tholi-tribble sometime in the future. I had hoped to be able to search for bugs and glitches, but, I most admit, I'll propably not try to login anytime soon, just to recieve that queue-thing going on. :o

I have seen enough to look forward to the release. \o/
    /Floozy
  • Options
    servantberserkerservantberserker Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've gone from 1098 and below to a sudden bump up to 7341 out of 7341. I really hope it's the test server not knowing math and not a few thousand people jumping in line ahead of me. >_>
  • Options
    olocancom#0595 olocancom Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't be a fool like me and try changing characters assuming you'll stay on the server. You won't, you get put right back at the back of the queue *face palm
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im not going to bother with tribble today looks like theres a line to get in so im going to the holodeck to give my toons there some love...and grind dil :)
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I keep seeing people upset about the weird numbers glitch displayed in the queues. Do not panic. You are not being moved back in line.

That's not what's happening there.

Let's run through this from your first step in the queue:

You're at say 900 of 956. It says that for 15 to 20 seconds. Then does this weird glitchy nonsense that says you're 5000 out of 5000.

Just wait a minute. Keep your eyes on the dialog box.

It then comes back and flashes that you are 878 out of 956. The queue itself is still intact. You are still in line. You are slowly slowly SLOWLY moving to the front of it.

I'm not sure why it flashes the other weird glitchy number. But the queue itself is fine. I know this because I've been through it twice today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sour118sour118 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    7246 out 0f 7246, then 600 something out of 1044, then back to 7000 something, then 700, then 7000, etc., etc., ad nauseum. Lifer for like 1100 days. The queue being broken like this is annoying, what is slightly more annoying is how my GPU temps get higher on this queue screen, which is basically a static starfield with some text, than it does in the most grueling space battle. Why would a static pic and some text would heat up my GPU hotter than anything in normal gameplay? Other than "bad code" I really can't think of any good reason.
  • Options
    psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I am a lifetime user...been so since this game began....when it transferred services even.

But also picked up the super romulan pack thingy....so no front line service for me.....getting the weird number jumps as well.

But that's fine....patience is a virtue.

I did take some screen shots of the funny stuff though was going to post links as I put them on the steam cloud but steam is having issues again.

Like how my characters had no shirts on....I realize they are in the federation....but come on...they are ferengi not human....and the captain is not named Kirk.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• Options
    noneusesthisonenoneusesthisone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The queue is terribly broken.

I started at 1118/1118 then went to 7684/7684, then down, I got to around 700ish in the queue then jumped back to 7684/7684.

This really needs fixed. I am not to happy waiting nearly an hour and somehow being stuck at the end of the queue again.

-N
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2013
    same here but i only logged in 15mins ago, guess its time to play on holodeck :( and i just got my D'derirex.

lol with a tachyokinetic converter and 6pts in impulse thrusters was able to get turn to 9.x outa cloack and 22.x in cloak really wanna seen what adding 1 rcs console will do to that :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was at 839 out of 1174, and now suddenly I am 8388 out of 8388 after waiting for 20 minutes. No idea how this is decided but whatever it is, it is just idiotic.

...guess I should watch an episode of Games of Thrones.
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rdellaripa23rdellaripa23 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah...I'm not so upset about not getting Lifer or Gold priority, since it's a test server...but going from 837 out of 837 to 9266 out of 9266 with no movement in 15 minutes sounds like something isn't right. I wonder how many people are logging in and idling for an hour just to get the reward...

And as I'm typing this, I ponged back down to 716 out of 851...and back to 9266 out of 9266...
  • Options
    osena109osena109 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how could i be number 102 of 800 and be placed in back in long in number 9080?
  • Options
    wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    osena109 wrote: »
    how could i be number 102 of 800 and be placed in back in long in number 9080?

Neverwinter queues had the same problem until a patch sorted it
  • Options
    nastyhyenanastyhyena Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I keep getting 8884 out of 8884 myself. Thought it was a bug that kept showing max integer or something.

I'm thinking we have so many people trying to play that even the queue is buckling under the weight!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter queues had the same problem until a patch sorted it

well i understand that this is a open beta just pointing out a bug and id vary much would ejoy testing the game my girlfriend played it last nigh when i was at work she said its wickey
  • Options
    mariartusmariartus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have simply stayed 9447/9447 for last 15mins
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    osena109 wrote: »
    well i understand that this is a open beta just pointing out a bug and id vary much would ejoy testing the game my girlfriend played it last nigh when i was at work she said its wickey

You should submit a ticket about it... if this goes live, the outburst will be massive.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to point out that you're not actually being pushed back in the queue. It's just a text error and it's the same for everyone. There are already posts about it in the tribble feedback forum, so it's fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    You should submit a ticket about it... if this goes live, the outburst will be massive.

I will when i get in the game am sure there will fix this issue this is cryptic:)
  • Options
    mn03mn03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It sometimes shows the total amount of players (the same thing happened with Neverwinter when it showed 100K+ players in the queue).
  • Options
    chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and now i cant get into the regular game ROFL
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    topset wrote: »
    I'd like to point out that you're not actually being pushed back in the queue. It's just a text error and it's the same for everyone. There are already posts about it in the tribble feedback forum, so it's fine.

this is the 3rd time i have timed out
  • Options
    jimmyjoe1ajimmyjoe1a Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The queues are messed up for Tribble. As a gold member I should have priority over Free to Play, but I am behind members of my fleet who are FTP
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually the fact that I am a Lifetime and have to wait in line is NOT ok.

I should have exclusive access, F2Ploaders and everyone else can wait behind me while I play the game I paid for. :)

Oh and the fact that I do not have Q powers or a Tactical Cube needs to be addressed. I should be able to seal people who RP badly in an inescapable hole.

FURTHERMORE, no one laughs at my Gorn jokes anymore. I will be submitting ALL OF ZONE CHAT to the GM for account suspensions.

Tut tut, Cryptic... you are failing me hard here. Lets step it up.
  • Options
    tmkatjetmkatje Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The waiting queue appears to be very glitchy as the OP wrote. At times the real queue position appears, sometimes crazy nonsense numbers are displayed.

But, why doesn't our Gold or Lifetime membership priority access appear to be represented on Tribble. Shouldn't we be testing this out too?