Install Arc
Options

Login Q is bugged

Comments

• Options
    osena109osena109 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    themarie wrote: »
    Actually the fact that I am a Lifetime and have to wait in line is NOT ok.

I should have exclusive access, F2Ploaders and everyone else can wait behind me while I play the game I paid for. :)

Oh and the fact that I do not have Q powers or a Tactical Cube needs to be addressed. I should be able to seal people who RP badly in an inescapable hole.

FURTHERMORE, no one laughs at my Gorn jokes anymore. I will be submitting ALL OF ZONE CHAT to the GM for account suspensions.

Tut tut, Cryptic... you are failing me hard here. Lets step it up.

dos it get lonely on that mountain or dos it annoy you that shelled out 300 bucks for game thats gone f2p?
  • Options
    ineluki71ineluki71 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is frustrating to see that the queue is not showing correctly.
    But to note as a life timer, I didnt notice any cut in queue time. Not sure if this is something that should happen in tribble or not...
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    osena109 wrote: »
    dos it get lonely on that mountain or dos it annoy you that shelled out 300 bucks for game thats gone f2p?

I don't mind spending money. I know how business works, and how an economy works and all that...

...it annoys me when a company decides to renig on promises. Haven't been able to get in to Tribble ALL DAY, despite being promised preemptive positioning as a privilege of being a Lifetime member.

As I said, Cryptic needs to step it up here.

Problem is, most of these people currently "in game" are simply there to AFK long enough to get their Romulan Legacy Tribble. The rest play an hour or two and complain "it's all bugged OMG THIS IS GOING TO SUCK."

Those of us who have been doing comprehensive bug-catching and documentation... have to wait in line. Despite paying for the priv. of preemptive positioning....
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jimmyjoe1a wrote: »
    The queues are messed up for Tribble. As a gold member I should have priority over Free to Play, but I am behind members of my fleet who are FTP

As a rule of thumb, everyone is silver on Tribble.

That was outlined during the Season 5 testing... If you transfer a char from holodeck, it will maintain it's Gold features, but the account itself is considered silver value.

BTW: The numbers on the queue seem to be the value of a glitch, not your actual Queue position...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't mind spending money. I know how business works, and how an economy works and all that...

...it annoys me when a company decides to renig on promises. Haven't been able to get in to Tribble ALL DAY, despite being promised preemptive positioning as a privilege of being a Lifetime member.

As I said, Cryptic needs to step it up here.

Problem is, most of these people currently "in game" are simply there to AFK long enough to get their Romulan Legacy Tribble. The rest play an hour or two and complain "it's all bugged OMG THIS IS GOING TO SUCK."

Those of us who have been doing comprehensive bug-catching and documentation... have to wait in line. Despite paying for the priv. of preemptive positioning....

That I Understand there should be a autokick if your afk longer then 10 minutes that is what i belive id like yo try the game i don't care about the tribble or what ever it is we get i want to see how far the have come form when i closed beta tested sto
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    osena109 wrote: »
    That I Understand there should be a autokick if your afk longer then 10 minutes that is what i belive id like yo try the game i don't care about the tribble or what ever it is we get i want to see how far the have come form when i closed beta tested sto

Agreed. They should adjust the auto-kick to 10-15 min when there are waiting rooms up.
  • Options
    alastairnallalastairnall Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I kinda hope they count the time we've spent in the queue toward us getting the reward...it'd be nice, but I doubt it. ;-)
  • Options
    wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was noticing that with 950 people in the cue ( and I amongst them ) that every now and then the numbers of people logged in and my position will change from being part of the 950, to being number 10054 out of 10054..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having the same issue. Probably should have reported this in the Tribble Bug section where it belongs.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • Options
    f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they didn't promise instant access, they promised that you get a lower number then non-lifers. Do you deny that you are getting a lower number? Whenever I queue, and I'm a lifer too, unless I get the OP's bug, it gives me a number in the mid double digits usually in the 50s to 80s, when there are thousands of other people in the queue. That tells me that I have indeed been given priority placement in the queue. Remember, you are not the only lifer in the game, that means that there are bound to be other people with the same priority access as you logging in at the same time. Your access isn't going to bump them, that would not be fair to other lifers.

By the way, from what I've seen, the OP's bug seems to be a display error. When I get it, the number bounces back and forth between the high number and my actual place, and it doesn't seem to take me any longer to log in then it would usually when I queue.
  • Options
    ladyinferno2010ladyinferno2010 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Queue priority does not apply to Tribble.
  • Options
    decembersilverdecembersilver Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's one thing to have a preview/beta weekend and not be able to get in. It is another to tie being able to play for at least 1 hour to getting a reward on the non-test server. I just cannot get in...

Very disappointed right now.

December
  • Options
    dantivirusdantivirus Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is going on with the queues?

I was 185 out of 463 then all of sudden I am 10436 out of 10436?

This has happened 3 times.

Please fix this.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    1075 out of 1075 and it's taken 45 min to get to 30th position.

Some adjustments are needed here. My priority access isn't priority enough. :)
  • Options
    dkshadow9498dkshadow9498 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure it's nothing to do with login priority, as a lifer since beta I've been 960, 385, 10497 and currently 778, all during the same login.
    VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
    USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
    VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
    LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
    LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
  • Options
    nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually the fact that I am a Lifetime and have to wait in line is NOT ok.

I should have exclusive access, F2Ploaders and everyone else can wait behind me while I play the game I paid for. :)

Oh and the fact that I do not have Q powers or a Tactical Cube needs to be addressed. I should be able to seal people who RP badly in an inescapable hole.

FURTHERMORE, no one laughs at my Gorn jokes anymore. I will be submitting ALL OF ZONE CHAT to the GM for account suspensions.

Tut tut, Cryptic... you are failing me hard here. Lets step it up.

hehe some of it made me laugh ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nalo wrote: »
    hehe some of it made me laugh ;)

GOOD! SOMEONE got the fact that I'm just joking around here. :D
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,169 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It took me about 15 to 20 mins to get in, have some semblance of patience.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I keap timeing out i have timed out 5 times
  • Options
    stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jimmyjoe1a wrote: »
    The queues are messed up for Tribble. As a gold member I should have priority over Free to Play, but I am behind members of my fleet who are FTP

Translation: "Sense of entitlement, sense of entitlement, sense of entitlement, rage, sense of ENTITLEMENT!"

You have priority over F2P on the live server. That's actually what you're paying for with that...

Wait. Wait. Let's put that into a little reality, shall we?

You're a "Career Officer," which means you're a lifetimer, I believe. Lifetimers aren't actually paying for ANYTHING after about 18 months unless they buy something from the Zen store.

Meanwhile, my purchases from the Zen store over the past two months have paid for more than a year's subscription. So you're welcome for me funding further development on STO while you play for free on my dime AND get priority over me on the live server.

Consider that along with your bucketful of entitlement every single month you don't actually pay a subscription fee after 16-18 months have passed. :)

It's one thing to have a preview/beta weekend and not be able to get in. It is another to tie being able to play for at least 1 hour to getting a reward on the non-test server. I just cannot get in...

Very disappointed right now.

December

It really is disappointing. I got in last night and played for a while, so I know I'll get the reward, but if they're going to base the reward on being able to play on Tribble, then it's entirely unfair to players who really want to test the new content but have limited time because there's this thing called "life" that Cryptic doesn't seem to be able to comprehend.
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • Options
    rdellaripa23rdellaripa23 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And now I got disconnected...ugh!
  • Options
    borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glad i did make my 1,5 houre right after patch,
  • Options
    dkshadow9498dkshadow9498 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would appear that the login server has gone belly up.
    VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
    USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
    VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
    LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
    LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,169 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stelakkh wrote: »
    It really is disappointing. I got in last night and played for a while, so I know I'll get the reward, but if they're going to base the reward on being able to play on Tribble, then it's entirely unfair to players who really want to test the new content but have limited time because there's this thing called "life" that Cryptic doesn't seem to be able to comprehend.

Limited time offer is limited in time. There is not anything at all unfair about it. Its like getting mad at your favorite artist who you want to see in concert because they only come to your town on a night you are busy, or because the tickets sell out before you can get one.

Its probably going to be some Tribble that barfs up 5 Romulan Marks once an hour some some such, it will hardly be world ending if someone doesn't get it.

If you can't make 1-2 hours of time over an almost 4 day period you didn't want to test it that badly.
  • Options
    reflector01reflector01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wait a few minutes, you will progress in the queue.
  • Options
    stargaizer999stargaizer999 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had a similar issue, my number jumped from the hundreds and 1000's to the 8000's.

Usually happened after I spent too much time (3-4 min) on a different window instead of watching my spot in queue dwindle down. It corrected the number, I'm assuming, when my spot in line updated.
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    5 Romulan marks? That's overly generous. The consensus is that you will get a tribble that will give 1 Nukara mark per hour. I've still not claimed my Mol'Rihan tribble as it doesn't seem worth using.

The queues would be shorter if people would play their hour and leave. Unfortunately it won't happen.
  • Options
    stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reximuz wrote: »
    Limited time offer is limited in time. There is not anything at all unfair about it. Its like getting mad at your favorite artist who you want to see in concert because they only come to your town on a night you are busy, or because the tickets sell out before you can get one.

Its probably going to be some Tribble that barfs up 5 Romulan Marks once an hour some some such, it will hardly be world ending if someone doesn't get it.

If you can't make 1-2 hours of time over an almost 4 day period you didn't want to test it that badly.

The unfair part is that in the time you may be available, the servers are down. That's what's unfair. People have lives, they have families, children, jobs, and all the other myriad things that come with every-day living.

Some people simply CANNOT stay up until 2 or 3 in the morning to play a game that wasn't available for HOURS because of the ineptitude of the developers.

That's what makes it unfair. They give you a limited-time offer that is supposed to span a certain amount of time (the weekend), and then because they cannot keep their servers up and have not learned to do so in the over 3 years that STO has been live, people will be unable to get the bonus that the developer has advertised and offered.

Because the problem here is not, in your really bad analogy, that YOU cannot get to the concert. It's that the DEVELOPERS have underestimated things AGAIN and as a result THEY are keeping you from getting to the game.

You don't understand that? It's REALLY simple.
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    don't feel so bad i was 11 of 1125
    I got kicked and now can't load lancher for holodeck

solution for que might not be popular with silvers but here goes
    life timers jump ahead then last silver

there needs to ne a price for silver cryptic does not want to do this

the idle timer needs to be redueced from 1hr to 20 min to kick the freeloaders off
  • Options
    f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    that's how the queue is set up already.