test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Character Wipe Coming Today (Now Complete; thread locked)

Comments

• Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    urniv821 wrote: »
    Death to ALL ROMULANS!!! .. oh wait.. they are prob back by now.. meh.

First they destroyed the Romulan system, then they kill off all the Romulan toons.... :eek:
  • Options
    dawnraidernx0891dawnraidernx0891 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    MY CHARACTERS ARE GONE!!!!

First login after the patch today and all are gone, my FED and RR characters are gone!!!
    Can anyone from the developers or staff fix this PLEASE? that's a lot of work down the drain of not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]We Are Phoenix Rebirth. Rising from the Ashes we are reborn again and again and continue to grow as fire burning across the Milky Way galaxy.
  • Options
    darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • Options
    umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There was an announcement yesterday about Tribble characters being wiped.

The reason was that a lot of fixes/features were being pushed forward in the latest patch, and that in all likelyhood the characters you had were likely to have been corrupted beyond repair by those changes. Also, starting you with a clean slate allows for you to re-experience the content and witness all the fixes/additions/new bugs which might have been introduced.

This is normal in the world of Quality Assurance testing. Don't fret about it or feel your previous work was wasted. It's also part of why being a QA Tester is a paying job rather than the joyride so many people naively believe it is.

The point of you testing on the test server in the LoR closed beta is much more to encounter problems that you can announce and make the QA team aware of so that they can be fixed before hitting the masses rather than offering an advance sneakpeek of the expansion and a stable progression.
  • Options
    rbatalla1977rbatalla1977 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a question for all the people that are complaining about their romulan characters being deleted. Are you also going to complain on the 21st when you have to do it all over again in Holodeck????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a question for all the people that are complaining about their romulan characters being deleted. Are you also going to complain on the 21st when you have to do it all over again in Holodeck????

Well, yes of course. We have people asking for a restoration of their "accidentally" deleted character in a thread that announced a character wipe on Tribble ! :eek:

No wonder the devs don't take our feedback seriously ! :D
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    First they destroyed the Romulan system, then they kill off all the Romulan toons.... :eek:

Must be the leftovers of that plot trying to strike back. ;)
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im not sure lots of people are that informed.

I kept hearing chit chat in game about how someone was pissed because they were going to mail some Romulan stuff to live and got deleted before they could.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think this should be done with no notice; I had things like costumes and ship builds I wanted to make note of for later, and now I can't. :(

You is playing on test server meng.

You should expect wipes at all times.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    dom1941dom1941 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will we get our characters back that we deleted on Holodeck but transferred to Tribble? If not then you owe me a KDF Alien General and her Bortsque crusier from the 2nd Aniversary, Branflakes :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dom1941 wrote: »
    Will we get our characters back that we deleted on Holodeck but transferred to Tribble? If not then you owe me a KDF Alien General and her Bortsque crusier from the 2nd Aniversary, Branflakes :mad:

Yea no they don't... Tribble is a TEST shard... It's not secret that things break and get deleted over there.

Holodeck is the ONLY server that keeps backups...

Your own fault for not paying attention.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well going to miss that admiral that I worked hard on tribble for that one big event that I don't even remember now lol.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So many people just can't seem to get that Tribble is not a second server, it's only a test server and nothing there is ever going to be permanent.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmm thats bad.. wont do all those 30 levels i gained again. you can remove me from the testers and give someone else the possiblity to test romulan content
    What ? Calaway.
  • Options
    rpg4everrpg4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    In fairness, it's not really my fault that you did not read the documentation of what you signed up for before you signed the deal...

I will give you some short indications, but finding the remaining relevant data is your job... I DID after all read it.

For one the wording "Public Test (Tribble)" in the dropdown here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/community/tribble-test is a dead giveaway that it's a test server.

Futher, from same page:
    • Copying a character to a Public Test Server will not affect your character on the Live Server (Holodeck) in any way.
    • Certain account features (such as buying and spending ZEN, promo items, special unlocks, etc) may not be available on a Public Test Server.

From this page: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4135

The Star Trek Online Public Test Servers are where we'll be previewing and testing all of our latest content before making it available on Holodeck. Much of the content may be unpolished and potentially buggy - after all, that's the point of putting it on a Test Server. We greatly appreciate Bug Reports and feedback on this content so that we can refine and perfect it before putting it live.

From the TOS here: http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms , under "16. Official Service and Beta Testing", last paragraph:

When playing some Beta Games, you may accumulate treasure, experience points, equipment, or other value or status indicators within the Beta test. This data may be reset at any time during the testing process, and it may be reset when the particular game completes this testing phase. In this case, all player history and data will be erased and each player will return to novice status.

I read it too, a VERY long time ago, and i admitted that i could have forgotten or missed, and wanted to know where it was so i could see it, sorry ive i sounded snarky or made it sound like it was your fault, so please don't make it sound like i was. if it happened more often it wouldn't be so much of a surprise, but considering i don't recall this happening before, i think it would be at least somewhat understandable if one where to forget we where told it could be wiped, since likely a fair amount of players never experienced a wipe ( like me) and so it went to the back of are minds.

That being said, is there a place i can ask about how many character slots you can have? including buying character slots? in light of the test server being wiped and probably being wiped again, i don't want to bother with tribble anymore, save for maybe very occasionally using it with a transferred character.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yea no they don't... Tribble is a TEST shard... It's not secret that things break and get deleted over there.

Holodeck is the ONLY server that keeps backups...

Your own fault for not paying attention.

I know that no need to be rude about it sorry if my personal life gets the way, im not always updated like you are :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rpg4ever wrote: »
    I read it too, a VERY long time ago, and i admitted that i could have forgotten or missed, and wanted to know where it was so i could see it, sorry ive i sounded snarky or made it sound like it was your fault, so please don't make it sound like i was. if it happened more often it wouldn't be so much of a surprise, but considering i don't recall this happening before, i think it would be at least somewhat understandable if one where to forget we where told it could be wiped, since likely a fair amount of players never experienced a wipe ( like me) and so it went to the back of are minds.

I am not that sensitive... Just straight forward...

Last time it happened (that I recall) was during the Season 5 beta testing and the uproar was the same then.
    rpg4ever wrote: »
    That being said, is there a place i can ask about how many character slots you can have? including buying character slots? in light of the test server being wiped and probably being wiped again, i don't want to bother with tribble anymore, save for maybe very occasionally using it with a transferred character.

Tribble is still worth visiting for Season/expansion rewards.

Now if memory serves, if you are a silver player you right now get:

1 Free Fed
    1 Free KDF

I belive the number is 1 Fed, 1 KDF and 6 Undefined slots (hence you can use them for both fed, kdf and foundry at will) for Golds.

We also know that all will get one free Rom slot.

If you want to know how slots you have open atm, hover your mouse over any "Create new char" button on the char select screen.
    I know that no need to be rude about it sorry if my personal life gets the way, im not always updated like you are :(

I NEVER sign up for anything, without having read the rules and regs behind it... It tends to save me a s-load of trouble, like say, for example loosing several weeks of work on a test server, by not dedicating too much time and effort into it... I mean, you don't sign a contract without reading and understanding all the text on the paper first either, do you?

IMO it's well worth the time.

Of cause it helps to be involved in betas on several fronts, and that of cause is not something you can expect as a general rule, and something I have full understanding for.

Sorry if you felt that I am rude... That was not my intention but from my perspective, you were no less rude when you demanded compensation for something that you should have known could and would happen, but that is really just a matter of how you perceive things.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I am not that sensitive... Just straight forward...

Last time it happened (that I recall) was during the Season 5 beta testing and the uproar was the same then.

Tribble is still worth visiting for Season/expansion rewards.

Now if memory serves, if you are a silver player you right now get:

1 Free Fed
    1 Free KDF

I belive the number is 1 Fed, 1 KDF and 6 Undefined slots (hence you can use them for both fed, kdf and foundry at will) for Golds.

We also know that all will get one free Rom slot.

If you want to know how slots you have open atm, hover your mouse over any "Create new char" button on the char select screen.

I NEVER sign up for anything, without having read the rules and regs behind it... It tends to save me a s-load of trouble, like say, for example loosing several weeks of work on a test server, by not dedicating too much time and effort into it... I mean, you don't sign a contract without reading and understanding all the text on the paper first either, do you?

IMO it's well worth the time.

Of cause it helps to be involved in betas on several fronts, and that of cause is not something you can expect as a general rule, and something I have full understanding for.

Sorry if you felt that I am rude... That was not my intention but from my perspective, you were no less rude when you demanded compensation for something that you should have known could and would happen, but that is really just a matter of how you perceive things.

I did read it, though I didn't see that characters would be erased, I didn't know now I do.still doesn't help the pain but it helps
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I did read it, though I didn't see that characters would be erased, I didn't know now I do.still doesn't help the pain but it helps

Look, I am pretty sure I'd be frustrated too... How can you not be...

Maybe Cryptic should consider, looking at the general surprise about this, to add a Dialouge that reminds people that this can happen on all logins...

At least that would prevent future misconceptions like this??
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is a most basic thing that on test servers and in closed betas you should never expect to keep your progress.

We are allowed a preview on Tribble so we can test it, so we can help weed out bugs both major and small, we aren't there to use it as a secondary server, though I will admit I'm on it mostly to see what the Rommie faction will have in store for me.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    marielangmarielang Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WHAT THE HECK GUYS I make a point to sing my praise and you erase all my tribble server toons . why??? put them back please. yes woke this am was going to go enjoy playing my romulan a little and not only is she gone so are all of my other toons on the server. HELP!!!!! THIS is not a good way to inspire confidence.
  • Options
    ironphoenix113ironphoenix113 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They did a character wipe on Tribble a few days ago:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=659171
    Vice Admiral Bryan Mitchel Valot
    Commanding officer: Odyssey class U.S.S. Athena
    Admiral of the 1st Assault Fleet
  • Options
    g8472hgg8472hg Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello,

Today morning (GMT+1) I logged into tribble, but all my toons are disappeared. Also I done it with other 3 family accounts, and the situation is the same.

I missed something to read somewhere or simple Cryptic cleaned up the accounts before the open beta test?

Have a nice day,

Gabor
  • Options
    disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You could have at least said what that thread was about.

@ g8472hg, this link that disposeableh3r0 posted is a thread about all characters on the Tribble test server were deleted by the developers. The reason for this was because of changes that would have made it impossible to play the characters without deleting them and starting over.

For characters you had copied over from the Holodeck server you can recopy them. But for characters you created on the Tribble server will need to be recreated.
  • Options
    ghostsofwar116ghostsofwar116 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did the patch to put in some time for the open beta and test weekend, and in the process i noticed my Characters on the Tribble server i had copied over are missing. So i have two questions.

1.) Is having your copied characters deleted from the Tribble Server during a test weekend normal?

2.) Does that mean i wont get any rewards for partaking in the closed beta, as it is hinted that the serious testers in this post http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=884441, more specifically
    You?ll have a chance to play with the developers, and for our more serious testers, we have a special reward in store to thank you for coming out and helping us to make Legacy of Romulus the best update yet!
    are those who partook in the closed beta.
  • Options
    rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    check out the tribble news forum. You should see that there's been a character wipe.
  • Options
    ghostsofwar116ghostsofwar116 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, Thank you, but does that mean that if there is a reward for closed beta tester will i still be receiving it?
  • Options
    galacticroamer#3935 galacticroamer Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DARN! Sorry all JUST saw the wipe announcement... sorry to bother everyone, nevermind! :)

I knew I'd see it once I made a post... Murphy's law!
    Proud member of the 8th Wing Tactical Armada
  • Options
    rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    look in the news forum.
This discussion has been closed.