test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Character Wipe Coming Today (Now Complete; thread locked)

Comments

• Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, does this mean we'll also be seeing an update to Tribble, in the form of more Romulan mission arcs being available?
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rtk142 wrote: »
    Just a guess, but I'm betting a huge one. I look forward to finding out myself though

Before this wipe i did some extensive testing on the DD and if you dont use the battle cloak ALOT!! turn rate 5 is a real issue....even a galaxy class can out turn you when your not cloaked.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just a guess, but I'm betting a huge one. I look forward to finding out myself though

It is a hideous ship to fly. Such a shame :(
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No worries, Bran and Devs - unleash the Thalaron Generators!

I don't mind rerolling my Closed Beta Romulan, if only to re-experience all the improvements I missed out since leveling up - it is, after all, a test server.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sorceror01 wrote: »
    So, does this mean we'll also be seeing an update to Tribble, in the form of more Romulan mission arcs being available?

yes read the OP of this thread ot says level 1-50 of the rom/ Kef will be playable now as in missions etc etc etc
  • Options
    rmackiermackie Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There should be at least an option to maintain your characters ships etc, as i have spent a great deal of time, playing around with Tribble...I am not impressed with this, as it seems like an unfair punishment to loyal players.
    Commanding Officer USS Intrepid

Commanding Officer USS Frontenac

Commanding Officer Enterprise NX-01
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rmackie wrote: »
    There should be at least an option to maintain your characters ships etc, as i have spent a great deal of time, playing around with Tribble...I am not impressed with this, as it seems like an unfair punishment to loyal players.

Its a test server and this is to be expected the devs can do whatever , whenever they like we are here to test the new stuff .

This isnt the live server if you want to spend alot of time on a toon developing it go to the holodeck
  • Options
    fleetadmcassityfleetadmcassity Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello Captains,

[Attention Tribble Foundry Authors!] All Foundry Missions on Tribble will also be deleted in this maintenance. THERE WILL NOT BE A FOUNDRY MISSION WIPE ON HOLODECK WHEN WE LAUNCH LEGACY OF ROMULUS.

We'll see you on Tribble!

-The Star Trek Online Team

----

One of the most Important bits of Information = " Tribble--Foundry Projects will be Wiped".

**Glad to hear that Holodeck -- Foundry Will Not be wiped. **

As with previous discussions .... Making the Foundry an Offline Component would be beneficial ... if for nothing more than this instance.

Since this is a Future consideration .....

Will we be able to Save our Current Published and Un-Published Projects ... before this wipe? (and Import later)
    Fleet Admiral Cassity
    Delta Fleet
  • Options
    erockererocker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So... What is going to happen with all of our Zen on Tribble?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

If you are "loyally playing" tribble for any reason other than offering testing feedback, you are wasting space better taken up by someone more willing to put it to good use.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    erocker wrote: »

I expect it is gone i hope for those who spent cash on this server that they dont delete it with the toons but i expect they will.
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    messahla wrote: »
    Before this wipe i did some extensive testing on the DD and if you dont use the battle cloak ALOT!! turn rate 5 is a real issue....even a galaxy class can out turn you when your not cloaked.

Yeah, and I loathe the galaxy turn rate. Am thinking I'm going to have the D'Deridex for show, Valdore/Mogai for battle.
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will we be able to Save our Current Published and Un-Published Projects ... before this wipe? (and Import later)

The wipe HAS happened, so no.

But you do make the good point that Foundry needs an Offline option
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm looking forward to a fresh build to test.

Will Q/A or some Devs be around this evening to re-form Cryptic's Tribbles fleet?
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, and I loathe the galaxy turn rate. Am thinking I'm going to have the D'Deridex for show, Valdore/Mogai for battle.

Yeah when LoR goes live im more then likely going with the mogai for PvP and the Ha'apax for PvE .

Like you if i do get a DD and fly it that will be for show or screenshots but thats bout it :)
  • Options
    daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello Captains,

In preparation for an upcoming patch to the Tribble Test Server, as well as Open Beta (to be announced very soon), we will be performing a character wipe on Tribble today.

While we don't do this often, it is required for today's maintenance to clean up existing Romulan characters that would become unplayable due to today's patch. THERE WILL NOT BE A CHARACTER WIPE ON HOLODECK WHEN WE LAUNCH LEGACY OF ROMULUS.

You will still be able to import your Holodeck characters after this is completed, and players who are in our Closed Beta will be able to create a new Romulan and/or Klingon* character. We will be opening up full Romulan and Klingon* missions, episodes, events and level 1-50 progression with today's patch to our Closed Beta participants.

[Attention Tribble Foundry Authors!] All Foundry Missions on Tribble will also be deleted in this maintenance. THERE WILL NOT BE A FOUNDRY MISSION WIPE ON HOLODECK WHEN WE LAUNCH LEGACY OF ROMULUS.

Thanks for your understanding, and we sincerely appreciate all of the feedback and bug reports received thus far. We look forward to reading the new reports that are received after today's patch.

We'll see you on Tribble!

-The Star Trek Online Team

----

*Klingon creation and gameplay may not be unlocked at the same exact time that Tribble comes back up, but we will message when it does.

According to the Dev tracker, it was about two hours ago that the crash happened, with the update taking place, is there an ETA when we're going to be getting back online?

Jolan'tru
  • Options
    astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello Captains,
    In preparation for an upcoming patch to the Tribble Test Server, as well as Open Beta (to be announced very soon), we will be performing a character wipe on Tribble today.

braaaaaaannnnn!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXNqEURmKtA

jk lol but i had gotten attached to my closed beta rommie :(
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    spoquespoque Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, I'd just like to play, and with the server offline all day can't!!!
    When will the game be online again???
  • Options
    jamaharonjamaharon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about Tribble Fleets?
    They will be wiped due to characters being wiped.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Ok that is a pain for testers Like Jupiter Force or other fleets....

mustachemav, I second this. It's a problem for us. We just have to work through tiers we've completed on Tribble all over again? NOT cool. Unless you make all Tribble fleets automatically tier five from now on. That might be cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Unlimited In-Game Mail Access" must mean something different to Cryptic than it does to English.
  • Options
    zigadeiczigadeic Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    make it so
    tumblr_m9xiz26mwj1rdabsoo1_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    rmackiermackie Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its a test server and this is to be expected the devs can do whatever , whenever they like we are here to test the new stuff .

This isnt the live server if you want to spend alot of time on a toon developing it go to the holodeck

Well i understand this is a 'test server' and the devs can do what they will with both the holodeck and this server. There is still a foul smell that sticks in my throat about this.

Also as I was just voice my opinion on this situation, I do not appreciate your attitude or snide comments on this matter. You have no business telling me how or what i should do when i play this game. Please kindly keep to your own concerns if you do not have anything constructive or positive to say. Rather then the self righteous i am holier then thou attitude you currently have
    Commanding Officer USS Intrepid

Commanding Officer USS Frontenac

Commanding Officer Enterprise NX-01
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well i understand this is a 'test server' and the devs can do what they will with both the holodeck and this server. There is still a foul smell that sticks in my throat about this.

Also as I was just voice my opinion on this situation, I do not appreciate your attitude or snide comments on this matter. You have no business telling me how or what i should do when i play this game. Please kindly keep to your own concerns if you do not have anything constructive or positive to say. Rather then the self righteous i am holier then thou attitude you currently have

Calm down dont let your nerd rage get the best of you im just saying that stuff like this happens its a pain in all of our afts sections of our ships lol

But it happens if id have put as miuch work on my tribble toons as alot of players im certain id be upset aswell.

But atleast we can now play all the LoR missions rom/fed and Kdf :)
  • Options
    cptgorandcptgorand Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    erocker wrote: »

Since it's Character wipe and not an account wipe, I would imagine the Zen, being attached to the account, would not be wiped. But this is only a logical guess.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Calm down dont let your nerd rage get the best of you im just saying that stuff like this happens its a pain in all of our afts sections of our ships lol

But it happens if id have put as miuch work on my tribble toons as alot of players im certain id be upset aswell.

But atleast we can now play all the LoR missions rom/fed and Kdf :)

I presonally think all "test servers" should be wiped after updates. Seen too many games where test servers were taken over by boot licking sycophants. Some horrible change to the game happens and it turns out that thats what "people" were asking for. except its just the handful of people who live on the test server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am just hoping the

Delete All Tribble Characters button

is not right next door to the

Delete All Holodeck Characters button

:D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cptgorand wrote: »
    Since it's Character wipe and not an account wipe, I would imagine the Zen, being attached to the account, would not be wiped. But this is only a logical guess.

i wasnt aware that you could even use zen on tribble. always thought all of that was disabled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    killjack0killjack0 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you really don't want us to have the Radiant plasma torpedoes we all want to stay but you have removed because we couldn't be allowed to have it and the Harpeng when you could have made it share the cool down that multiple harpengs get.

Oh well I like the bio molecular torpedo more. I just don't like the harpeng, but I did like the Radient Plasma torpedo.
  • Options
    xenosisukxenosisuk Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i wasnt aware that you could even use zen on tribble. always thought all of that was disabled

Yeah you could still access the C-Store Z-Store or what ever its called :D

Wierd thing is i had 31000 C-Points on tribble I have no idea how they got on their, I have a theory I am a Lifer (yes my forum posts are messed up can't use the title) but never gt my Stipend of C-points. I think my Stipend has been going to tribble for the last 2/3 years
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Cryptic going all Dalek on your Romulans

then I will get the Doctor!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
This discussion has been closed.