test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Character Wipe Coming Today (Now Complete; thread locked)

Comments

• azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello Captains,

In preparation for an upcoming patch to the Tribble Test Server, as well as Open Beta (to be announced very soon), we will be performing a character wipe on Tribble today.

While we don't do this often, it is required for today's maintenance to clean up existing Romulan characters that would become unplayable due to today's patch. THERE WILL NOT BE A CHARACTER WIPE ON HOLODECK WHEN WE LAUNCH LEGACY OF ROMULUS.

You will still be able to import your Holodeck characters after this is completed, and players who are in our Closed Beta will be able to create a new Romulan and/or Klingon* character. We will be opening up full Romulan and Klingon* missions, episodes, events and level 1-50 progression with today's patch to our Closed Beta participants.

[Attention Tribble Foundry Authors!] All Foundry Missions on Tribble will also be deleted in this maintenance. THERE WILL NOT BE A FOUNDRY MISSION WIPE ON HOLODECK WHEN WE LAUNCH LEGACY OF ROMULUS.

Thanks for your understanding, and we sincerely appreciate all of the feedback and bug reports received thus far. We look forward to reading the new reports that are received after today's patch.

We'll see you on Tribble!

-The Star Trek Online Team

----

*Klingon creation and gameplay may not be unlocked at the same exact time that Tribble comes back up, but we will message when it does.

Surprised you guys decided on a Server Wipe. I remember you mentioned having one shortly after F2P went live and never got around to it. Sad to see my Federation and KDF F2P Test characters bite the dust, and one Holo-transfer that still had the Vet BOFF resistration in the inventory. But C'est la vie.

Just hope that my Tribble Zen isn't wiped out, that's about $200 worth of Zen. :D
  • cratchmastercratchmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I heard if you get rid of Tovan too soon, they give you Slamek as a replacement. :-D

LMAO! Now this, this seriously cracked me up! Nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aw man, my Rom lvl50s :D:( welp, back to it!
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • live4startreklive4startrek Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dem613,

Holodeck is main playing server and you will not lose your progress at all when the new Tribble wipe comes!

The Red Shirt and Tribble servers are servers set up to test new content coming down the pipeline and in no way affect the Holodeck main server! The Tribble and Red-Shirt servers are set up so people can play the new content, test it out, and submit bug reports, so when launch day comes, most of the bugs should be worked out. This gives players a wonderful update to game-play without so many bugs/issues :)

V/R

1 of 21, 14 of 21, 15 of 21, (Collective, UFP)
    4 of 21, 5 of 21, K'Vosh, (Collective KDF)
    V'Lor, V'Larin, V'Laris, (IDIC Hailtra)
    Kara (9th Tac)
    1 of 21, 14 of 21, 15 of 21, (Collective, UFP)
    4 of 21, 5 of 21, K'Vosh, (Collective KDF)
    V'Lor, V'Larin, V'Laris, (IDIC Hailtra)
    Kara (9th Tac)
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    All of them will be exterminated

For Incompetence :D
  • gamerjoshgamerjosh Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think this should be done with no notice; I had things like costumes and ship builds I wanted to make note of for later, and now I can't. :(

From the tailor when you make a costume on tribble you want to keep, click the save button IMMEDIATELY. This way after the wipe you can just load the saved template.
    Belief manifests reality
  • jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Confirmation please if this will reset our accounts to the same status as they are now on Holodeck..... not the characters, just the accounts ...
  • materwindumaterwindu Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When can we expect the patch notes to be released?
  • kharliskharlis Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Man, just as I was getting used to her, and her new ship.

I guess this time I will ally with The Federation. Seems allying with the Klingons destroyed the universe...
  • captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how long is this gonna last ???
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would think/hope they would hold off on open Beta at least a few days. New players have nothing to compare it to. Only we know at this point whats fixed, what been broken, whats working differently. we'd just get waves of redundant discussions and bug reports about stuff
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • really2297really2297 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how do I download the tribble server to play future beta ? thank you
  • wolfieebryanwolfieebryan Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So does this mean I'm going to loose all the dilithium on my KDF? Including the 50k still to be refined after getting all the Shards during the Crystalline event?
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited May 2013
    gamerjosh wrote: »
    From the tailor when you make a costume on tribble you want to keep, click the save button IMMEDIATELY. This way after the wipe you can just load the saved template.

He won't be able to get in to save it before the wipe.

However, there may be a way he can easily transfer costumes from Tribble to Holodeck. Once things are back up he can remake the costumes and save them as you suggest. Then go into the test server screenshots folder, find the image file and move it over to the live server screenshot folder. Then once Romulans are unlocked (and once he has all the pieces necessary) he can just hit "load" in the character creator. I haven't tested this, but it might work.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So does this mean I'm going to loose all the dilithium on my KDF? Including the 50k still to be refined after getting all the Shards during the Crystalline event?

Yes your character on tribble will no longer exist...afterwords you can just transfer him back.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im going to butt in on this, and be a naysayer on this idea of wipes...

and before anyone goes dude...its test server it happens...

ya i know...

But lets take a step back and look at the larger picture here...13 days and a wake up from this mark before the 21st..which imo we are not ready...but its not up to us...anyway

There is just way to much to test still for romulans...to restart us at 1...heres why

for those of us level 21 and higher we were sitting comfortably able to test the mid and high level content to make sure it works...now...once again we have to resit through the low stuff to make sure it works before making sure the new stuff works..

we were looking at around 30 more romulan missions to test now its back to around 50

not to mention the fact we need to run missions with our forced ally kdf or fed to see if their missions work with us on the team (bet most still didnt bother to think about that)
    so were looking around 80 plus missions to full test for 2 weeks time, plus reputations, doffs, ship skills again...(are we 20 seconds are we 40 seconds or did we remove cloak all together???)

Now dont get me wrong, I enjoy testing to find whats working whats not, but many are not testing, because if they were they wouldnt be flying through levels 1-50 in one day...theres no proper testing being done there...

Myself, I run around every little area of the map..make sure I or may away team decide to stop on an invisble wall, or dialogue is spelled right, armor looks right, weapons have the proper sound effects/visuals and so on...

for 13 days I feel the wipe was not in the testers best interest,

beat me up for this post I dont care, from my standpoint this was a bad decision, and as such it is only my opinion.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013

if that KDF is on tribble, yes. if it's on holodeck, no.
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    really2297 wrote: »
    how do I download the tribble server to play future beta ? thank you

they should really stickie an FAQ or something
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait...so this open beta is for the people who participated in the last beta testing for RoL?
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • thetraveler82thetraveler82 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am the most gained, it seems, for I only copied my Holodeck characters / 'toons'; Fed and KDF. :)
    I love Science! STO science. B)
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you! I Love all my romulans, just got my d'deridex, got my commander shoulder armor and cape, please don't kill them...PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
  • wolfieebryanwolfieebryan Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Yes your character on tribble will no longer exist...afterwords you can just transfer him back.
    if that KDF is on tribble, yes. if it's on holodeck, no.
    I'm not on tribble so that's good to know. thanks
  • captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well thats me out for the night guys good luck and hope you all get on soon and thanx alot crypt :mad:
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic going all Dalek on your Romulans
    GwaoHAD.png
  • avitrekavitrek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they should really stickie an FAQ or something

https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4135

This is stickied in a different place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Klingon gameplay at least!
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What about Tribble Fleets?

If every member of the fleet is wiped that means the fleet will be wiped as there will be no one to command it!!! :P
    6tviTDx.png

• bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do we have notes coming up soon for test center? Since were waiting that is might as well read these massive changes that would demand a wipe due to "Our characters being no longer playable with the newest patch"

Im somewhat nervous to see what new mad capper has been tossed toward romulans and even the kdf at this point...
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• warzoon007warzoon007 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wam to them i could of been killing some feds in pvp boy
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    toiva wrote: »
    Guess I won't be able to find out how much of a problem the 5 turn rate is..

Just a guess, but I'm betting a huge one. I look forward to finding out myself though
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
This discussion has been closed.