test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Character Wipe Coming Today (Now Complete; thread locked)

12345679»

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There was a wipe a couple of days ago.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • firetrekkiefiretrekkie Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    has any of the Closed beta testers had an unexpected character deletion of their Romulan character I noticed that when I logged on to the tribble test server my Rom Character was deleted and I had lost all I had worked for.
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Somebody missed the character wipe.
  • magusofborgmagusofborg Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    has any of the Closed beta testers had an unexpected character deletion of their Romulan character I noticed that when I logged on to the tribble test server my Rom Character was deleted and I had lost all I had worked for.

Not unexpected character deletion, but a deletion yes. ;)
    Joined August 2009
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Um, it wasn't unexpected, it was announced earlier this week (the Dev Tracker is your friend):

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=659171
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • firetrekkiefiretrekkie Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ah ok thanks I did not know there was a scheduled wipe thank you.
  • williammccormickwilliammccormick Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do not know if this has happened to anybody else, but today when i logged onto tribble all my toons where gone (had a Fed, KDF and a Romulan there). I did check Holodeck to see if my toons there where ok, they are untouched, Wondering if this could be a problem from the server issues from the week. Last time i played was Wednesday and i had all my Tribble toons then.
    William McCormick -- Vice Admiral USS. Tiberius-E Odyssey Tactical

Captain in The Armada fleet -- Intelligence Officer.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TRIBBLE was Wiped the other day (Thursday) to make it ready for this weekends LoR-Open Beta Testing.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • jothan9092jothan9092 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My guess is this was to force everyone to start on equal footing when Open Beta hit. My toons were okay the day before, and then they were gone. I was fortunate to have just transfered a charecter before they closed that too. So I do have a Fed yet.
    [SIGPIC]Cross at the center of M51--The Whirlpool Galaxy[/SIGPIC]
    Noah Bartholomew Jothan,
    Member of the "Christian Fleet Alliance"
    Proclaimers of The Way, The Truth, and The Life
    John 14:6
  • remianenremianen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Um, didn't they just do a character wipe on Tribble? Why yes, yes they did.

Your characters and any Foundry missions you had, were wiped, just like everyone else.
    edited May 2013
    They want folks to test the NEW STUFF not play with their old toons, this weekend.

They also made some major changes over-all, so most of what was on Tribble would not have worked with the current Open Beta Patch.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • williammccormickwilliammccormick Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok thanks guys i feal like a idiot, must have been to busy to keep up with it. sorry for the idiot post :o
    William McCormick -- Vice Admiral USS. Tiberius-E Odyssey Tactical

Captain in The Armada fleet -- Intelligence Officer.
    edited May 2013
    Ok thanks guys i feal like a idiot, must have been to busy to keep up with it. sorry for the idiot post :o

De Nada :)
  • lordcorrinolordcorrino Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Both my Tribble toons are missing. Hope this doesn't happen when the build moves live!

:eek:
This discussion has been closed.