test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kerrat, upsetting the poor Feds

Comments

• zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    notapwefan wrote: »
    If it is true then it is a proof that decision makers have a hard on when it comes to giving KDF exclusive stuff to Feds. I won't be surprised if they wear federation skirts with UFP logo on the crouch area.

Sooner or later, you might see Feds running around with KDF honor guard costume.

This is exactly the reason why I quit playing PvP.

There are apparently Voth pets with variations of the AA so its going to end up in federation hands. Besides heaven forbid that the factions have some unique flavor to them.
  • jrwithjrwith Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ^^ This a thousand times. Ker'rat is the best thing about STO... after all of the smack talking, spawn camping and QQing you can see a zone settle down with Feds & KDF chilling out above cracked planet, discussing builds etc.

there needs to be more areas like Kerrat
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    jrwith wrote: »
    there needs to be more areas like Kerrat

Amen to that. We need a Kerrat style zone in every sector block.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Kerat should be the place where only iron heart and best of the best should go. If some player starts crying mommy after a few insults then he is clearly at the wrong place.
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    OMG I can't believe this thread is still going........I started it so long ago.

I run a small fed fleet (The Space Invaders) now so my klink toons have become glorified dill farmers which is a shame. But with the cat event I've dusted them off, so much fun.......but I've noticed that the klinks have definitely fallen behind in the recent power creep.

Still alpha shooting a fed as my bop comes out of cloak puts a big smile on my face.:P
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited October 2013
    litchy74 wrote: »

I run a small fed fleet (The Space Invaders) now so my klink toons have become glorified dill farmers which is a shame. But with the cat event I've dusted them off, so much fun.......but I've noticed that the klinks have definitely fallen behind in the recent power creep.

Still alpha shooting a fed as my bop comes out of cloak puts a big smile on my face.:P

It is indeed a glorious feeling when you can manage to pull that off in a BoP. It's harder than it used to be, sadly. There are a LOT more factors to take into account, and I've seen people running apparently no active buffs shrug off a BO3 hit as if it didn't happen. Things are just really annoying nowadays.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • bronzephantombronzephantom Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hunting the feds is very fun, one thing is odd I killed a fed and right after that I was added to said person's ignore list, and I wasn't gloating about victory and I didn't even say anything.
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hunting the feds is very fun, one thing is odd I killed a fed and right after that I was added to said person's ignore list, and I wasn't gloating about victory and I didn't even say anything.

Happens more often than you think.. In the good old days you could still change sides in Ker'rat.. Too funny, have been ignored as well :D, only after they insulted me first ofcourse!
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Most Federation captains go to Currat for farming q00bs and hulks for blue MK XII tetty cunsuls. They don't wanna be disturbed by Klinguns, that's why they ignore Klingun captains after they got oneshotted from an uncloaking burd of prey. :D If I just wanna do the 1'440 liffium daily in Currat, I simply log out when a Klingun is shooting me and wait a few minutes until he lost interest, then I fly to the planet and wait for the others to finish the mission. :D
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    litchy74 wrote: »

The true Klignons will never leave Ker'rat....or a thread about Ker'rat for that matter. :P:D

Qapla'!
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ker'rat is fun. There are always more of one faction than the other, and, depending on the quality of players there, when that imbalance isn't at a stupid level, say, upwards of 3:1, that's kind of what makes it fun. If you want fair teams or PvE, there are queues for those things.

Sure it's a little sneaky when someone waits for a Tac Cube to force you to use buffs you might use to avoid a decloak alpha, but hey, that's how it works in Ker'rat. W.A.I. If you can't deal with that, don't go there. It's not rocket science.

I don't know and don't care about the actual percentage stats, but it's also a myth that the Klinks always win. On both sides, the moment it becomes apparent that one side is superior to the other (player to player ratio notwithstanding), most players seem to warp out. That's far more irritating for me than getting caught while trying to do the PvE part (which I mostly don't bother with anyway since I don't need the gear and 95% of V.Rare MkXII drops in this game don't sell for all that much anyways)

Less QQ, more Pew Pew.
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
    edited October 2013
    Sure it's a little sneaky when someone waits for a Tac Cube to force you to use buffs you might use to avoid a decloak alpha, but hey, that's how it works in Ker'rat. W.A.I. If you can't deal with that, don't go there. It's not rocket science.

Less QQ, more Pew Pew.

It might sound strange, but as a Fed I'd love to have a proper PVP at ker'rat, I don't care less about drops.
    To shoot or be shot at, I love to see proper skill at work. :D
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

• voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There was some good PvP going on in Kerrat today. I took my alpha striking Defiant in there, and ripped stuff to pieces. I blew up plenty of KDFs, and got blown up a few times by the KDF when I got stuck in a multi-attack of them. It was fun all around.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
    edited October 2013
    Ker'rat is fun. There are always more of one faction than the other, and, depending on the quality of players there, when that imbalance isn't at a stupid level, say, upwards of 3:1, that's kind of what makes it fun. If you want fair teams or PvE, there are queues for those things.

I don't know and don't care about the actual percentage stats, but it's also a myth that the Klinks always win. On both sides, the moment it becomes apparent that one side is superior to the other (player to player ratio notwithstanding), most players seem to warp out. That's far more irritating for me than getting caught while trying to do the PvE part (which I mostly don't bother with anyway since I don't need the gear and 95% of V.Rare MkXII drops in this game don't sell for all that much anyways)

Less QQ, more Pew Pew.

I find that the Feddies seem a little quicker to run from a Ker'rat zone when the odds are against them. I've seen some pretty stubborn KDF players stick it out in a zone where we're outnumbered three to one.

What's really funny is watching a Federation p2w-spamming ganksquad break and run when the odds are evened up a little and they can't focus-fire 3-5 to one so easily.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    timezarg wrote: »
    I find that the Feddies seem a little quicker to run from a Ker'rat zone when the odds are against them. I've seen some pretty stubborn KDF players stick it out in a zone where we're outnumbered three to one.

What's really funny is watching a Federation p2w-spamming ganksquad break and run when the odds are evened up a little and they can't focus-fire 3-5 to one so easily.

This.

I go to Kerrat almost daily, and whenever I am on my KDF chars, its almost universally 2-1 odds or worse. Last week there were at least 10 feds in there, and me by myself on my BoP, and someone had the nerve to tell me I should just let them kill me.

WTF?
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    timezarg wrote: »

lol. ok op.

ok,
  • rex9234rex9234 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I like flying klingon ship but the one thing about the fed ships more are the more team oriented consoles and console lay outs such as the fleet Galaxy with 5 engi consoles you can turn it it to the god of tanks if set up right
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've been taking a break from the game, but a friend tells me that since the Avenger landed the KDF have been getting carved up in Ker'rat.

I have been wondering how much of an impact the ship has actually made. I assume its just business as usual for the KDF? Always outnumbered, barely outgunned?
  • studly479studly479 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I play fed and have loads of fun Pvping with the klingons there, the only time I have problems there is when the klingons realise they cant kill me alone then team up on me and I have multiple de-cloak alphas all at the same time lol
  • nador67nador67 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This.

I go to Kerrat almost daily, and whenever I am on my KDF chars, its almost universally 2-1 odds or worse. Last week there were at least 10 feds in there, and me by myself on my BoP, and someone had the nerve to tell me I should just let them kill me.

WTF?

Watch out, If you're not careful there will be an official request to the Devs that if one faction has favorable odds that the moderators should allow the superior force to JUST KILL THAT POOR LOST KLINGON. Don't look at me, I'm Cardassian. I just throw out ghost signatures

I remember at launch the Feds complained about those sneaky Klingons being overpowered and the Feds couldn't find half of them because of that cloaking stuff.; The next thing you knew Klingon Cloak phissed out and wasn't fixed for a while. That was the beginning of the Klingon Exodus and the death of PvP. Those early battles were awesome.
    edited October 2013
    coupaholic wrote: »
    I've been taking a break from the game, but a friend tells me that since the Avenger landed the KDF have been getting carved up in Ker'rat.

I have been wondering how much of an impact the ship has actually made. I assume its just business as usual for the KDF? Always outnumbered, barely outgunned?

I've been taking a break, myself, but I can hazard a guess. . .since the introduction of Romulans, things have gotten a lot dicier for KDF players flying KDF ships. The Rommies basically got everything the KDF had plus a little more, while giving up 40 overall powerpoints. Yeah, the KDF can use Romulan ships, but it's not much help if we're still outnumbered and outgunned.

The Avenger is basically a slightly better variant of the Fleet Tor'kaht. It's better because it has a more flexible boff layout (the Tor'kaht is forced to use its uni LT as a sci station in order to have some ability balance), WAY better inertia (meaning it turns on a dime compared to the Tor'kaht, despite the lower turnpoint value on the Avenger) and has the 5 fore weapons allowing stronger alphastrikes. The only real advantage the Tor'kaht has is the cloak, and that's just a first-strike advantage that most seasoned PvPers can handle. Sure, it's got the combination LTC and LT tac, but the boffstation setup is still a little weaker and definitely less flexible. The Avenger can also run a proper Aux2Batt build. Basically, the devs eclipsed the Fleet Tor'kaht (the best tactical-focused battlecruiser the KDF has exclusively) with a new Feddie ship in one fell swoop.

The two other 'nimble' fleet battlecruisers don't hold a candle to the Avenger, either. . .lower tac console amounts, lower inertia, lower hull (the Fleet K't'inga only has 34k hull, barely more than a Raptor), no 5 fore weapons, and fewer tactical boff slots (both are using LT and Ensign setups, while the Avenger has a LTC and Ensign setup, allow it to dual-cycle Tactical Team 1 nicely while having a slot for Attack Pattern Omega 1, an invaluable skill in both PvE and PvP).

It was hard enough for KDF players to hang on in Ker'rat in the face of hypocritical Feddies using Romulan ships like KDF BoPs (after spending 3 damned years whining and moaning about BoPs and their tactics) and the usual Fed-balls and advantage in numbers. The Avenger may very well have tipped the scales.

PS: Oh, and I'm sure the fact that the majority of the KDF ships in Ker'rat are BoPs doesn't help, either. BoPs have been conveniently outclassed by the Romulan ships, with absolutely nothing being mentioned on the part of the devs in regards to fixing this.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nerf bops!
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • blackwing78blackwing78 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    saxfire wrote: »
    Nerf bops!

Nerf humans!
    edited October 2013
    Nerf humans!

Nerf Nerfs!
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf

• burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    stoutes wrote: »
    Nerf Nerfs!

Nerf Guns!
    edited October 2013
    burstorion wrote: »
    Nerf Guns!

I like where you're going.

Nerf Swords!
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf

• oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    saxfire wrote: »
    Nerf bops!

oops, did i kill u again with my Fleet B'rel ^_^

again, learn how to fight better scrub...
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    stoutes wrote: »
    Nerf Swords!

In Nero's voice:

NERF EVERYTHING!!!:mad::mad::mad:

:P
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • fonz71fonz71 Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    coupaholic wrote: »

every time a new ship comes out, specially one of the caliber of the avenger, the zone fills with feds.

i am in there a lot! lol i see it every time. yes the kdf are often getting 'carved up' as you put it, but only because it's often 10 to 3 odds. :P and just as an above poster mentioned, whenever the odds start to even out, suddenly the fedbears are gone! pretty lame if you ask me.

it's ok though. ^^ i will remember those little fedbears and target them 1st when they come in again :P
    Don't know why it says i'm an ARC user. i will never use that TRIBBLE Cryptic!
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for the heads up peeps.

So on the whole nothing's really changed. I can't believe that Avenger can use Aux2Batt, that's just mental. As if it needed another boost on top of everything its got already.