test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All Cryptic Games and Services Down - 7 May (RESOLVED!)

Comments

• bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Discovering the Real World"
    Since we can't play and have to go outside now.
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    NOOOOO don't go in to the light

Ohhohh! Pick me up some Twinkies, Beer and some smokes please before you come back form the light?
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • punktribblepunktribble Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    meh time to start dinner.........now where did i put those hamster's I found..........:rolleyes:
  • alexa01alexa01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The thing is today is my day off, not Thursday!

dude that sucks :/
  • andyvh501andyvh501 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah gotta love the server instability, and some of us subscribers actually pay for this, Funny part is the launcer says the web sight is down but game play is not affected. seems they got that backwards.
  • alphaphasertechalphaphasertech Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic will never give us out free stuff, only company i've seen do that was League, and it's always either IP boosts (oh yay, I can buy ingame items with money that's not real money to begin with) Or RP (the actualy money), but only in the case of good player behavior, which is their way of trying to combat their terrible reputation as having one of the worst playerbases around.

As for cryptic, take a look at me. I'm lifetime, but I have no access to lifetime forum rewards, and can't even post new topics. I rarely ever bother even looking at the forums. I can't even promote my fleet. it sucks. And I wish we'd see more communication from the dev team.
    "If the Iconians come, and we're not ready... Well, let's just say these petty arguments won't mean a thing." - Vice Admiral Thomas Bouwman of the Starsiders
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If the current trend continues, it would suggest that doing the scheduled maintenance today instead of thursday is worthless, since the server will crash again by thursday anyway.
  • wargillwargill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I blame the French for this mess now. Because I can.

and That ^^^^
    Give me all your latinum... Hew-mon!!
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I blame the French for this mess now. Because I can.
    It would seem to be the focus of the patch notes.....
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meanwhile, in the Celestial Temple of the Prophets:

"Downtime? What is 'Down'? What is 'Time'?"

"They are linear. It limits them."
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • dinos2012dinos2012 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2013, Connecting to server please wait......2014,Connecting to server please wait.......2015, Connecting to server please wait...........2016, Connecting to server please wait........the year 3000, Connecting to server please wait
  • elcapitannx01elcapitannx01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter servers had crashed - so this means STO has to wait too.I`m going to hate this server infrastructure if we are no going the have server issues if one of three games crashs...
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,457 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    God this drives me nutz. Another day of cryptic server problems AAARRRRGGGGGG!!!!!

Tell me about it. Just as a was playing that bothersome klingon character to increase my dilithium stock.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • adrianasrxadrianasrx Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should give us all a free lockbox ship for all the hassle they've caused with their unstable servers.

How about free lock box keys that would be more valuable

But since Saturday I have been having random disconnects if they fix that while the server is down I will be ok
  • marxbrudermarxbruder Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    Meantime let's try and solve some in-game issues.. Fleet spamming and selling and helping make things easier for smaller fleets. See my thread No way in hell for more topic discussion.

spamming for your thread AND fleet while complaining about big fleets doing the same...
    classy!
  • icewolf1973icewolf1973 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, is the server down?
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SERIOUSLY??? AGAIN??

This is getting really tedious by now. It's obvious that it's the shared server thingy you guys insist on having.

For the love of STO, please get standalone DEDICATED game servers and launchers.

Just mind blown that this can possibly happen so many times in such short time intervals. Something is really seriously wrong with your servers Cryptic...

Wow, just wow...
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited May 2013
    zilla75 wrote: »
    lol,,,voporak,..(1st post)I completed a two-man ISE, CSE, and KASE.
    We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant.
    If you say banana slowly, you can hear the word gullible in it.
    gullible if u believe that 2man TRIBBLE.....lol, yes craptic sucks.

ISE can be soloed, you need 2 for the others because of travel distances.
  • erathielerathiel Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If the current trend continues, it would suggest that doing the scheduled maintenance today instead of thursday is worthless, since the server will crash again by thursday anyway.

I agree with it
  • mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jaguaro70 wrote: »
    Thanks Brandon for the update on the situation. I for one appreciate all the hard work that everyone there are putting in and am very much looking forward to Legacy of Romulus. I am sure that everything will be working when Legacy of Romulus goes live in 2 weeks. Keep up with the updates and hard work.

JAG

An optimist... You've not been with us long, have you?... ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • silvkryssilvkrys Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just started a new Fleet and have way too much work to do for the server to be down
  • badvaiobadvaio Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alexa01 wrote: »
    it kinda sucks if you were doing a really hard mission or stf

You mean something like the perfect STF mission with 4 other pugs who were all playing perfectly with no mistakes, everyone knew exactly what to do and where the cube was down to 40% with say, 6 minutes left to complete the mission ?

Yeah, that would really suck......
  • usmc47usmc47 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, the game server is down yet again?... Here we are at May 7th, the game d/c. Now it won't connect to the Login server. According to the website, the server is down....

Any idea on how long it will be to fix the issue?

I really want to play
  • xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah i would rather have a free key.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • rarmstormrarmstorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a useful maintenance:

1) Go to Buymore, PC sector.
    2) Buy a new computer
    3) backup Neverwinter and reinstall on new computer.
    4) Call your provider and buy more Fiber line connection.
    5) plug in new computer and voila', all is solved :D
    6) Send me 1k$ for the advice. :D
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sander233 wrote: »
    Meanwhile, in the Celestial Temple of the Prophets:

"Downtime? What is 'Down'? What is 'Time'?"

"They are linear. It limits them."

But don't you understand? If you do not intervene, there will be no more emissary. If the server stays down, I will die. HOW CAN YOU BE SO THICKHEADED!?
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • godfearlessgodfearless Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3 hours to go getting close sever will be up soon i hope
  • gypsyinspacegypsyinspace Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm so happy I have two lifetimes for Cryptic's games. I can't play either one of them. Glad I didn't fork out 200 for Neverneveronline
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, is the server down?

I think I heard something about that, yeah.
  • gabesoutogabesouto Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lucky me. Just about an hour after I bought my brand new Wells... I don't want to imagine if this happens just when I'm pressing the BUY button.
This discussion has been closed.