test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All Cryptic Games and Services Down - 7 May (RESOLVED!)

Comments

• nobscunobscu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meanwhile, at the legion of doom...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm Running out of Memes Hurry Cryptic!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wraith26 wrote: »
    Knock Knock who's there, not Cryptic that's for sure

Ladies and gentleman, we have a winner!

*throws tribble*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    I'm on esd many times, but I don't send random invites no matter where I am :)

I had a few random private message invites today on Q'nos, but they were all pretty polite. I absolutely hate it when people invite me when I'm in space, though. I'm usually trying to get somewhere to complete a mission and the pop up appears right in the middle of my screen. Fortunately, I joined a fleet today so the recruiters should stay away from me now.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • gallowsbait1gallowsbait1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wufangchu wrote: »
    is it possible that America has the greatest population on the servers?? that would easily place a major load on them and hasten a breakdown..

Last outage was around a Friday midnight for US -light server usage at best, and this is just more of the same.

Given that its still the working day for big chunks of the US, this is not at all primetime.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Iif having a fleet with a a couple of people is your idea of a prospering fleet, that's fine. But the fleet system does not work in such a manner to be successful and players consistently push to succeed. That's what I'm pointing out.

Well that may be so but my fleet only has 5 people and it could take your fleet ina fight. Cause were not noobs. Shut up about freaking fleet whats it got to do with the server crash >_>
  • gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    A lot of 'spreading the wealth' does tend to happen in Europe. :rolleyes:

Carefull who you're calling a commie there!:P
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • m4tth3wk4n3m4tth3wk4n3 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PS Crypric: Drop the white, common Technicians and get atleast a blue one with the Efficient Trait and maybe Eidetic Memory aswell.

Go to the exchange in STO and look. But oh wait, you cant for the server is not functional.

Be warned though; a blue technician goes for 1mil energy credits... Do you have the 'c"r"ash'?

See what I did there??? xD
  • gabesoutogabesouto Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well been talking to the wife for a while and now shes told me to sod off and stop annoying her just because my games broken again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Brilliant :D
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and yet again, most of us small fleets are making out just fine, we're sporting a damn near T4 SB with only 22 of us so we're growing how we want to grow. You're pushing for fleets to merge and take over/have the merging fleets provisions added to your own SB to finish it out. Go back to playing WoW :mad:

Doing no such thing, get acquainted with the topic and issues before random guessing.
  • emp1591emp1591 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wasn't that last down time, which was scheduled, supposed to prevent the servers from crashing? Lolz.

Great job, Cryptic!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Working as intended"... 1 year later they "fix" it.
  • makeitso57makeitso57 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yup, I just got disconnected too, and can't get back on. I was in the process of making a zen purchase. Glad it didn't crash in the middle of the transaction. It's been 25 mins. now, still trying.
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feed on the tears of nerd-rage.

Keep the QQing coming, I'm going to have a feast tonight gents!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • sehlatkitten01sehlatkitten01 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    omg this is getting downright ridiculous XD
  • boyscout1971boyscout1971 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep and now they're incorporating thursday's maintenance into this downtime too so we're looking at AT LEAST two hours
  • vhylevhyle Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I'm Running out of Memes Hurry Cryptic!

The guy in that sig, it's so hard to take him seriously every time History Channel has him on one of their programs.

It's hard to take History Channel seriously, when they have people like him on some of thier programming.

I believe he was whole heartedly on the notion that the Mayans predicted that the world would end Dec 21st last year. I think he was, I can't remember. Anyway, that dude is pretty out there.
  • xsi1exsi1e Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What a great Idea! Put all your eggs in one basket so that when one game goes down they all go down. What lunkhead though of this server model? Let me guess? The underfed hamster:eek:
    1kltX02.jpg
  • usmc47usmc47 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HEY!!!!!..... The TOPIC is:

All Cryptic Games and Services Down - 7 May - Under Investigation

Why don't you guys go post where it belongs and stop being newbies here?

When are the game servers going to reconnect?

I can't log in and if it will be a while, I will just go do things I need to do and to hell with waiting....
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any chance we can get an ETA on when the servers will be back up?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Well that may be so but my fleet only has 5 people and it could take your fleet ina fight. Cause were not noobs. Shut up about freaking fleet whats it got to do with the server crash >_>

Rude... already explained that. And again, not my fleet, detrimental fleet practices in general. But since you don't know the meaning of the word...
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

We're also planning on conducting Tribble maintenance during this downtime, to avoid Tribble downtime later today, and have an important announecment here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=659171

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • mathewprime1mathewprime1 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Again?... really??... *sigh* this will eb a long wait..:mad:
    Fleet Admiral Mathew Prime.
  • mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PS Crypric: Drop the white, common Technicians and get atleast a blue one with the Efficient Trait and maybe Eidetic Memory aswell.

Go to the exchange in STO and look. But oh wait, you cant for the server is not functional.

Be warned though; a blue technician goes for 1mil energy credits... Do you have the 'c"r"ash'?

See what I did there??? xD

I see what you did there, now I have a huge red slap mark from facepalming. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • punktribblepunktribble Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doing no such thing, get acquainted with the topic and issues before random guessing.

I did read your rant........if you want to sit back and let others build your SB that's fine......which fleet is yours again so i can add it to the Black Ball list we keep in our fleet
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gr4v1t4r wrote: »
    Carefull who you're calling a commie there!:P

Lol, let me rephrase that: Certain parts of Europe (and Asia too, in some parts) tend to spread the wealth. :)
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tell us how long it is going to take this would be really helpfull dont think it takes everyone there to do the maint so p[lease let us no
  • bgd3183bgd3183 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I told them if someone brings back my stapler and gives me a piece of cake server would come back up!
  • erathielerathiel Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

We're also planning on conducting Tribble maintenance during this downtime, to avoid Tribble downtime later today, and have an important announecment here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=659171

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Wonder what you will say on thursday when server will crash again ?
  • eri42eri42 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm unable to connect on Champions and STO. So whatever this is it's affecting more then one game.
This discussion has been closed.