test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate Problem

Comments

• austion1000austion1000 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This thread is entertaining enough to keep my mind off of the server being down.
  • sampa4sampa4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unclerice wrote: »
    Well this is a rather dubious way to start playing the game. I don't even have all the patches downloaded and the servers are dead.

Don't worry, if and when PWE finally gets its act together (with a VERY big if), it will be MUCH easier for you! And don't worry, we are all suffering together!
  • innerphoenixinnerphoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    perfect world entertainment get their ducks all in a straight line ? put the glue down.
  • milen93milen93 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patcher cant connect to server... again
    atleast give us compensation 50k dil for beginning ...
  • dangelx1dangelx1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ?dem!
    I've tried several times for 1 hour and will not let me connect.
    it is best that tells me I have no internet connection.
    :mad:
  • ambassador379ambassador379 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This happens a lot now. Thanks, Neverwinter! :mad:
  • th3kurganth3kurgan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ive just had the same issue, same message but now it seems to load up the STO Launcher with a blank screen.
    Good to see that STO is trying to solve the issue and keep us updated.... think i might go back to SwG or WoW.
  • tombmaster123tombmaster123 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This just happened to me. I bet it is on their end.
  • iceaxe18iceaxe18 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After I chose witch Allie to be in the server times out, and then I had to exit. When try to launch the launcher it keeps telling me I cant connect to the server or something like that.
  • ronsonjonronsonjon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The perfect world servers are and continue to have problems because of Neverwinter Beta.

I wish they could be honest with everyone and admit it is a traffic problem. They are getting a very high number of people playing Neverwinter.

Every auto patcher issue I have seen clears it self up when they make adjustments on their end.

There are so many people trying to figure out whats wrong with their computers spending hours researching solutions, when in fact the issue is the server load traffic.

Anyway really hope they invest equipment where they need it and respond to their customer base.
  • stevehalestevehale Member Posts: 437
    edited May 2013
    I've downloaded the "new" launcher twice (just in case I somehow did it wrong the first time) and I still can't get the launcher to start up.

"Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting 2 times."
  • xalexkxxalexkx Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the server is down again
    To boldly go where no FAWer has ever FAWed before.
  • belldandy01belldandy01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't get on either was looking forward to continuing on Tribble too.
  • pebujesapebujesa Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This happens a lot now. Thanks, Neverwinter! :mad:

And yet if you read Neverwinter Forums
    they blame Startrek
    edited May 2013
    They need to put both games on Different Servers. Or at least feed the frakking hamsters.
  • horriblecathorriblecat Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Contacting technical support since it isn't my internet connection. Was really looking forward to playing the beta this weekend and now it is completely dead and neither Neverwinter or Star Trek will launch successfully.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is beyond a joke, 3 times in the space of at least 2 weeks is pathetic
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Ah well, good to know I'm not alone with those issues. :cool:
      Vorcha_forward.jpg
    • elitem3elitem3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      I've got the same problem too...
      While playing in Khitomer Vortex (Elite) I stopped moving and it saying "Server not responding ". I quit the game, and tried to get in again, no work. Either server or launcher whatever it is went out of order :/
    • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      They made a post on Facebook saying it is on their end. Funny I haven't seen a post on the "official" STO Website.

Isn't it ironic, don't ya think?
    • ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Yah this is beyond a joke, who will keep the potato ninjas fed? I mean surely we must appease the lords if pot noodle.
      PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
    • wolfgar2wolfgar2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      pingahead wrote: »
      They made a post on Facebook saying it is on their end. Funny I haven't seen a post on the "official" STO Website.

Isn't it ironic, don't ya think?

Its pathetic, but it is a F2P game with everything that comes with a F2P game.
    • nealuknealuk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Whoooooooooooooooooo! :P
      full
    • ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Hmmm Cryptic sure do like to keep THEIR CUSTOMERS IN THE LOOP ABOUT THEIR PROBLEMS, don't they?
      PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
    • nealuknealuk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Anyone else just get a message on the patcher about game play not being affected then it perform a DOS bug check of the game files?
      full
      edited May 2013
      I can top this now it's saying the website is down and I can't even access the Launcher how is that for being Cute. Great Job Cryptic you're really Frakking up today.
    • jadenmiajadenmia Member Posts: 148 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      It is a pock-a-dot future
    • ragnusthorneragnusthorne Member Posts: 25 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      How many times can a server fail in a week?

Server instability issues? I got an idea, lets just roll out an open beta for the FIRST expansion in three years, Im sure our servers which already can't handle the current traffic will handle MOAR customers just fine!

On a side note I signed up for something scrolls Online closed beta today, if Im going to play a game thats released before its ready, it might as well be actually labelled BETA :p
    • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
      edited May 2013
      I have this issue right now, butt it's telling me on MMO servers that all servers are online. Last night it was the same, butt then the servers actually were down. So ... I installed STO in April 2013 from scratch, and now the launcher is already outdated and not updating itself apparently? Where do I get the final version of the launcher?
      "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
      Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
    • doublea2012doublea2012 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      FAIL =( tells me to check my internet , lol I noticed after I closed the game it got about 50% done then nothing like it stopped receiving the patch