What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate Problem

Comments

• Options
    dethblazer1dethblazer1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Lol poor brandon just closed the other thread and linked to the thread he closed I feel rage incoming.

if they spent more time fixing STO then closeing topics then would not need to lock them lol
  • Options
    thashayerthashayer Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hicks451 wrote: »
    Come on man its not right that we need a 3rd party to log onto STO!!!! and yet again the launcher fails!!!:eek: 2 botches in 2 days!!!!!:confused:

so was on around 5pm eastern... got a message int the corner while on ESD that I USUALLY get between screens... updating 1 file... didnt go away... went for a STF and got dumped. now game tells me it cant connect to update server....
    oh the joys!
    I know you guys are "testing"... but come on all ready...
  • Options
    xentillaxentilla Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Lol poor brandon just closed the other thread and linked to the thread he closed I feel rage incoming.

I lold out loud when he did that :D
  • Options
    schreader1718schreader1718 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    How dare cryptic keep you guys from the game you hate.

QFT!

Honestly, I pretty sure that all those claiming they won't become a lifer or, at least, go gold never had any intention of doing so in the first place. It reminds me of politics, where people say, "I'm a supporter of Party X, but I'm going to vote for Party Y". It's a bluff.
  • Options
    hicks451hicks451 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Also check out my other thread starter for there reply to the problem.
  • Options
    tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    will some forum mod remove this SCAM please before someone gets taken by it.
  • Options
    cludgercludger Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I still haven't stopped laughing. I've been trying to figure out where all of the angry thread-fillers have gone so I can continue to be entertained. :D
  • Options
    lolimpicardlolimpicard Member Posts: 309
    edited January 2013
    People demanding compensation amuse me greatly...
    COMPENSATION?!
    I demand SATISFACTION.
    ; throws down the gauntlet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.
  • Options
    cyralyncyralyn Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    QFT!

Honestly, I pretty sure that all those claiming they won't become a lifer or, at least, go gold never had any intention of doing so in the first place. It reminds me of politics, where people say, "I'm a supporter of Party X, but I'm going to vote for Party Y". It's a bluff.

I for one am considering it when my income taxes come in. So neener :P
  • Options
    abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I logged out of the game, because I couldn't switch instances thanks some map error, and find I cannot get the launcher to load......again.

This whole episode reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GDXIq3Dles

and for something completely different...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luVjkTEIoJc

___
  • Options
    jorandaxjorandax Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    WTF.. people complain and thread gets closed... unprofessional! Very!
  • Options
    frojoe2000frojoe2000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    cludger wrote: »
    I still haven't stopped laughing. I've been trying to figure out where all of the angry thread-fillers have gone so I can continue to be entertained. :D

RAAAGE!!!!!!

How much more can this company disrespect us?

Is it too much to ask to e-mail me if you are going to **** up my connection, even if it is only a possibility?

Is it to much to ask to give regular updates and estimated ETAs?

Is it too much to ask to let me complain when I have a legitimate grievance?

Isn't someone employed full time as community manager and customer support? What the **** is this guy doing with his time?

Yeah, closing the thread will really help with your declining image o.O
  • Options
    kreugekreuge Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Its back up here
  • Options
    starsvoidstarsvoid Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Checking in from the west coast of Canada. My ISP is certainly not American, and big enough to have its own backbone.

Wouldn't log into the launcher twice, and then won't log in a character, "Cannot find map name".

Cheers, off to play something else.
  • Options
    hazellove7hazellove7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Works fine for me now. thank you
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    YAY launcher is up now to see if it will actually play :D
  • Options
    meiyo24meiyo24 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    for the love of God, Cryptic you need to get the issue fixed because the launcher is failing me once again saying that the patching server is unavailable and to check my internet. my internet runs just fine so it has to be you guys, FIX THE BLOODY PROBLEM ALREADY!! :mad:
  • Options
    schreader1718schreader1718 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Launcher came up. Going into the game now. Fingers crossed.

ON EDIT: I'm in! Yay!
  • Options
    frojoe2000frojoe2000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    "please continue discussion on this closed thread I have linked here"
    -Cornflakes

I feel like he is flipping me off and laughing as he creates rage in the community that pays his salary.

A monkey can provide better community management. This is the first time I have ever called for this, my my anger with how Cryptic is handling the communication and customer service aspect of this is beginning to warrant Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer release from employment. Decent community managers are a dim a dozen, how did they end up with this **** head?
  • Options
    captainpainfulcaptainpainful Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    DO I want to verify ALL files?

Im in game again. leave it alone now lol
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,413 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just finished borg red alert in iota pavonis and i could not warp out. A message about the map manager came up.

Closed the game and since i'm not able to log in.

Edit: Managed to log in after 10 minute break.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The answer my friends is simple, we've not been putting enough money into the game:o

I recommend a Breen Lock Box, followed by a Hirogen one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    geesh game loaded and go in, then it crashed. lol
  • Options
    prrgg1prrgg1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    frojoe2000 wrote: »
    "please continue discussion on this closed thread I have linked here"
    -Cornflakes

I feel like he is flipping me off and laughing as he creates rage in the community that pays his salary.

A monkey can provide better community management. This is the first time I have ever called for this, my my anger with how Cryptic is handling the communication and customer service aspect of this is beginning to warrant Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer release from employment. Decent community managers are a dim a dozen, how did they end up with this **** head?

You know nothing of the evil that is Chris Priestly of Bioware. BranFlakes is a friggen saint compared to him. I think there's even one instance where he actually told someone to f*** off.
  • Options
    shagnastieshagnastie Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ok so the problems are stopping people from accessing launcher, logging in etc

Here is solution

You need to join a VPN or virtual private network

A virtual private network will allow you to route all of your incoming outgoing internet traffic through a server of your choice anywhere in the world.

Now give the fact that this issue is not an issue in certain parts of the world
    (west coast USA for example)

You can connect to a server there or anywhere else until you get a working connection (Worked for me in about 2 minutes)

Anyway I found a website that sets all this up for you

http://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=1360

it is possible to get a trial account the link is in the bottom right hand corner of the target page

You can google search purevpn if you are not comfortable clicking the link thats fine but please use my referal code. code 1360 or if it asks for my email Aj_backontop@btinternet.com

Once signed up for your account trial or otherwise should take less thna 5 mins to get logged in to STO

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
  • Options
    kaenkreykaenkrey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My wife and I have identical computers from the same network and ISP.. I can get into the game, but she can not still. She's getting pretty frustrated.
  • Options
    mrbaconsahmrbaconsah Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm currently able to patch (testing with a second version) on my connection.

So the route I take to the server is working now.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I was in the game.

Suddenly the chat stopped working.

I checked my social window, it had kicked the bucket.

I log out.

I can't get back in.

I exit the game.

Launcher fails to work.

This is not a problem with just the launcher. People in the game (like me) are getting shut out. B-Flakes, you might want to update the big red notice that issues are occurring in-game.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.