What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate Problem

Comments

• Options
    shinzor2shinzor2 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    launcher has not been working since yesterday even after they say it was back up and running i see lots of people saying they are in but i still cant get in no matter what i do. Grr this bites,
  • Options
    doltarhrsoljahtdoltarhrsoljaht Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am really pissed ! A good friend of mine introduced this game to me and I was scheduled to finally get a whole weedend off. I spent over 14 hours on the game because I found it rather challenging and very enjoyable. On my 1st day back to work I got up early just to do a few upgrades on the ship, and the launcher wouldn't even go to cancel or even show the patch that had already been loaded the day before. I had noticed after the last patch I was experiencing the "rubber band" effect others have mentioned.
    I decided uninstalled the STO file and tried to reinstall it and now all I get is a window that states ..."No internet Connectivity detected. Please reconnect and try again"

I would really appreciate any clearity, assistance, or "solid assurance" that this will be fixed. My PC is a older Intel Quad core 2.4 ghz CPU with a mid range ATI HD Radeon 1gb
    I know it's not my pc because It was playing the game on recommended setting really well and the settings where almost to the max.

Sincerly and exasperated,
    Dolton

p.s. and for the record I made Lt Commander on my 1st day so why does it say here I am still an Ensign?
  • Options
    shinzor2shinzor2 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    austinfan4lifeaustinfan4life Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    p.s. and for the record I made Lt Commander on my 1st day so why does it say here I am still an Ensign?

I'm assuming that's referring to your forum posting rank, you probably have to post a number of replies, in order to move up in the forum rank. I doubt the forum & game are interconnected with the same rank.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why did someone resurrect an archived post from 11-17-2011? :rolleyes:
    Just starting a new thread seems more productive, imo.
  • Options
    thedarkone198thedarkone198 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont know,but I am having the same problem and our good old friend google brought me here,so its good enough for me. All I know is that I was playing normally,about to obliterate a Jem'hadar battleship,when I lost connection entirely. I could not reconnect to the server and tried exiting and starting STO again,only to have this patching error too.

One thing I have noted,and I dont know if it will solve the problem in the end,but since I use the Steam version,I looked into something within the Steam app to fix it. That is when I found this: On the STO listing within Steam,right click and click "properties" and click on the "local files" tab.There,you will find an option labeled "Verify Integrity of Game Cache...". I clicked that and it scanned my game files and found 10 files in the game directory that were wrong. At this very moment,Steam is downloading replacement files,but since it is a whopping 4.4 GB,I will be waiting a long while before I know it will fix the problem.If anyone has a faster connection (which I am sure many of you do,more so than the meager 1.1 Mbps I have been left with),maybe you could try this and get it faster and spread the result.
  • Options
    cypher0092cypher0092 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont know,but I am having the same problem and our good old friend google brought me here,so its good enough for me. All I know is that I was playing normally,about to obliterate a Jem'hadar battleship,when I lost connection entirely. I could not reconnect to the server and tried exiting and starting STO again,only to have this patching error too.

One thing I have noted,and I dont know if it will solve the problem in the end,but since I use the Steam version,I looked into something within the Steam app to fix it. That is when I found this: On the STO listing within Steam,right click and click "properties" and click on the "local files" tab.There,you will find an option labeled "Verify Integrity of Game Cache...". I clicked that and it scanned my game files and found 10 files in the game directory that were wrong. At this very moment,Steam is downloading replacement files,but since it is a whopping 4.4 GB,I will be waiting a long while before I know it will fix the problem.If anyone has a faster connection (which I am sure many of you do,more so than the meager 1.1 Mbps I have been left with),maybe you could try this and get it faster and spread the result.

have the exact same problem completely identical and did exactly all you said and nada..... hope that someone can help!!
  • Options
    hugoredbonehugoredbone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was in the game just fine earlier today but then it disconnected me and when I tried to restart it gave me the following message:

Unable to establish connection to patch server.

My friends who also play this game also have the same issue today and we have different isps so it's not an isp issue.

They need to fix this and soon because I am a subscriber and I will not be giving them any more money if this type of thing continues.
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    was on earlier today at 4pm eastern now can't get on at all server won't connect
  • Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    was on earlier today at 4pm eastern now can't get on at all server won't connect

Same here. Was booted twice and now cannot get the launcher to load. I was planning to publish a foundry mission.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • Options
    thedarkone198thedarkone198 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cypher0092 wrote: »
    have the exact same problem completely identical and did exactly all you said and nada..... hope that someone can help!!

I came back to it today (finished downloading it in Steam while I was at work today) and at first,it gave me some kind of error about a file being locked. I tried a second time and the normal login window showed up. It's now downloading a 864 MB patch.My worry is a version difference between what Steam thinks is right and what STO recognizes is right. Maybe Steam brought it back a version and STO is now downloading the buggy one that constantly loses connection and rubber bands all the time O_o. I won't know until the patch finishes.

If you got that locked file error,try again. I will operate on the assumption that you just tried to load STO once and got this error. If you got the same old error as before,I am not sure what to say. It seems to have worked for me,but I am not 100% sure,as I am not in the game yet. I hope I can be soon,I am literally an inch away from making it to Rear Admiral Lower (40) and the mission I was doing and was just about to finish,before this problem started for me,would have gotten me there.Needless to say,I was more than annoyed,lol.

Edit:It has worked for me and I am back in the same mission I was in,though I have to start it over. Good news is,it seems to be running much smoother with seemingly less lag. I hope it stays that way.
  • Options
    kaxxokaxxo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, new player with old issue...how is it possible that there is a thread from 2011 with 300 pages of people having the same issue and still exist?
  • Options
    kayviankayvian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    because it's an issue with perfect world or cryptics main servers.

The open beta for Neverwinter is getting the same exact thing when opening up that game.
  • Options
    kriti84kriti84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Star Trek Online is currently offline. We are working to resolve the issue."
  • Options
    racerexiaracerexia Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dang... this is sad, really. Last night and again tonight. Could they be the target of some sort of attack? I mean cyber attack, or maybe sabotage by competitors or disgruntled employee. How many more looses can PWE/Cryptic take before they just go keel over?
    I'd hate to see their games go away.
  • Options
    kriti84kriti84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think they just reached their server capacity limit.
  • Options
    bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh dear god, this again?!

I think they need to do what DC Universe Online does and take this place down daily and spend 30 - 45 minutes doing maintenance.
  • Options
    forsvikforsvik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SO. I've been dealing with this problem for well over a month, now, just so that I ca get back to playing after a long hiatus of lost interest. Eventually, I ended up finding, in this forum, a link to the stadalone launcher, while simultaneously doing a complete reinstall of the game, to a different folder. Eventually, after all of that is finished downloading, I attempt to run the game via the shortcut placed on my desktop that was added during installation. Of course, I run in to that same problem.

This is where it gets good.

I then decide to run the launcher that I had downloaded seperatley, which I had placed in my Documents folder, and, lo-and-behold, a success. This is only just after having such a success, though. I downloaded Star Trek Online to a different directory (instead of program files(x86), I used program files), while leaving the actual game folder(which still has some of the STO stuff in it) in-tact. Earlier, I had attempted pinging both the patch server, and the support server, with tracert. I did not copy the either of them down(I know I should have, sorry :(), though they all stopped at hop 16-19. I also attempted the nettest, and port 80 continued to repeat before hanging. This was all before I finished my download, by the way(had a lot of time to kill. With my speeds(max 80KB/s), I had tons of it), and I had done nothing else other than flushing my local DNS.

I hope that this can help you guys that are still struggling, out there. Please tell me if this works for you or not. I feel your pain, bros, and if any of you ever find any progress with my workthrough, I'd be glad to hear of it.

Forsviken out.
  • Options
    xalexkxxalexkx Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i`m getting this right now
    To boldly go where no FAWer has ever FAWed before.
  • Options
    belldandy01belldandy01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Me too, glad I'm not the only one suffering from this malady.
  • Options
    milen93milen93 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was ingame for 10 seconds, after that the server kicked me and now I can't connect.
    http://store.picbg.net/pubpic/91/9F/30ed10cc19b6919f.jpg
  • Options
    wbgron1wbgron1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I'm getting it as well :mad:
  • Options
    wbgron1wbgron1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Come on Branston Pickel - I mean Branflakes lol get it sorted pls!
  • Options
    jakuza2jakuza2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    milen93 wrote: »
    I was ingame for 10 seconds, after that the server kicked me and now I can't connect.
    http://store.picbg.net/pubpic/91/9F/30ed10cc19b6919f.jpg

Maybe they get i think something technical problem.
    The servers shut down.

http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online
  • Options
    justwanttobejustwanttobe Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, happening to me also.
    Was playing my character, suddenly saw the red server connection error...then got dropped.
    Every time I try and relog I get the trying to update the launcher message...then an Unable to contact the patch server. Please check your internet connection and if problem persists please contact tech support.
    My connection is fine (all games, programs other than STO work fine over the internet).
    Was hoping to play for a little before I had to run into work, but guess this will give me a little time to enjoy life away from the game.
    Hopefully this won't happen often...or people might decide that real life is more fun than waiting for a game server to come back up.
  • Options
    xenosisukxenosisuk Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was in the middle of a fight, no warning I got disconnected.

Tried to log in, same error as everyone else, its also effecting the NW and CO launchers. so the problem must be at Cryptic's end.

Guys I was enjoying putting the Naussican I was fighting in his place :D
  • Options
    xalexkxxalexkx Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i thought i was the only one, happend to me in a pvp queue.
    now im reinstalling the game, TRIBBLE
    To boldly go where no FAWer has ever FAWed before.
  • Options
    milen93milen93 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now it says that the server is down.
  • Options
    razorx1971razorx1971 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xalexkx wrote: »

Don't go through all that trouble re-installing, it will be for nothing. This same issue has occurred numerous times over the past few years since it launched. It appears they do something different in the way the network is handled, and when a single carrier has issues it kills the entire game. No one else handles network issues like they do, as no other MMO has these odd connection issues like they've had since day 1.

And it usually takes a day or so for them to get it all worked out sadly.
  • Options
    jakuza2jakuza2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xalexkx wrote: »

You dont need it.
    The servers working again.