What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

4 May 2013 Server Crash (Resolved!)

Comments

• Options
    travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DAMNIT! Now I must open another bottle of merlot, and I'm in the PDT time zone. Breakfast should be very interesting.

Merlot? BAH!

Pushes a shot of tequila towards captainpetey001

Have something stronger!
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • Options
    fransiscosfransiscos Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    Playing DS9 The Fallen.:cool:
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    amahood wrote: »
    LOL, I wish i was, I've got alot of great idea's I would luv to add to STO.

I would bring out a playable Borg species, where you start off as a borg queen or king, and begin with a small ship, and of course you would be trying to assimilate other species during episodes.

That's what I would like to see happen. But sadly I am not one of their workers.

I'm more or less completely in tune with you. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    spork87spork87 Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    everyone post in the NW forums and demand they wake up bran and dstahl and get updates to the people that are actually paying them money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainpetey001captainpetey001 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Merlot? BAH!

Pushes a shot of tequila towards captainpetey001

Have something stronger!

Sabes que, hermano? Soy de Tijuana, asi que tequila es mi agua natural ... just not after midnight (as I learned back in college LOL!).
  • Options
    acavalloacavallo Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    x0y1 wrote: »
    From a interview with the Cryptic CEO Jack Emmert

http://www.gamefront.com/cryptic-ceo-jack-emmert-talks-neverwinter-mmos-and-more/

Seems the need to order a few more. :P

In other words he is saying "Scotty... we need more power."

Sigh.... I love this game... but wow this is frustrating.
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No no no nooo! It is Tribbles in STO.
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And once again I need to stress it.

Cryptic, please use separate servers for your games.

The one old server could handle CO and STO, but adding NW to it is like putting an new third bag on an already overtaxed mule.

So like the mule, the server will simply decide it can not carry that much , and shut down.

Now I know that just running one server is lazier, but with three games now the old single one just cant handle it.

Please consider getting neverwinter a new server (or better, give all games their own ones).

I understand this is a huge investement, but with Neverwinter getting released soon, I'm sure PWE will get a lot of money.

Now do they want all the new NW folks to experience a load of downtimes as the old server struggles (and gives a very bad first impression) or invest in a new server that will please the playerbase of their shiny new game (and fix the problems with STO too) .
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    captainpetey001captainpetey001 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sabes que, hermano? Soy de Tijuana, asi que tequila es mi agua natural ... just not after midnight (as I learned back in college LOL!).

Branflakes lives in a distant suburb of San Diego named "Poway." He may as well be in the middle of the Mojave desert. It's going to take a very very very VERY .... very long time to wake him up.
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dpglerch wrote: »
    AND WE HAVE THE PHASERS they have swords :D:D

We have swords too
    infact im seriously considering heading over to NW and sorting them out (im informed that there are half naked tieflings hanging out in gangs )
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HA!

Dirty talk!

P.S. I have yet to actually see you over here in STO Nepht, we must have a chat

Well as you can see I am in the Klink faction....not many of us....we have no friends :(

Nah Im more mouthy over in CO but I started in STO and I always play Trek at the weekends gotta gank me some FEDS. With CO almost dead and Neveronline forcing cash shop down your throat I think it was about time I returned to Trek with my tail between my legs XD
  • Options
    mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Contrary to popular belief, Cryptic auxiliary power is not provided by Richard Geere.
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems NW is running...
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PerfectWorld does that, but with games. =3

true, yet not with an actual playable borg character as part of the Borg Faction. I think that would bring alot of interest from us players.

Being a federation liberated borg or klingon one, is good, yet being in the actual Borg
    Faction, now that would be fun, for me anyways. And I think for alot of others too.

having the ability to assimilate others while on a ground mission, can you imagine?!
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valenn1 wrote: »
    Seems NW is running...

into the ground?
  • Options
    corporalmaccorporalmac Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm willing to fork over a little dilithium for a new server rack.
  • Options
    spork87spork87 Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems NW is running...

then shut it down cmon we are Trekkers we are a creative bunch lets take those fantasy nerds down they are affecting our game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems NW is running...
    Time to check here then :P
  • Options
    coldbeer72coldbeer72 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And just cracked can number 7.....conversation may start deteriorating from here on...:D
  • Options
    rexormunderexormunde Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    amahood wrote: »
    true, yet not with an actual playable borg character as part of the Borg Faction. I think that would bring alot of interest from us players.

Being a federation liberated borg or klingon one, is good, yet being in the actual Borg
    Faction, now that would be fun, for me anyways. And I think for alot of others too.

Any more factions and the PvP queue will be entirely impossible. :x

For now anyway. Not sure what the Romulan expansion is doing to PvP. Maybe more people will be inspired to queue.
  • Options
    jazziecakezjazziecakez Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems NW is running...

You can't be serious, that is a joke right?
  • Options
    miloflippermiloflipper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems NW is running...

yeah their service is back up while STO is still down...
  • Options
    ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Well as you can see I am in the Klink faction....not many of us....we have no friends :(

Nah Im more mouthy over in CO but I started in STO and I always play Trek at the weekends gotta gank me some FEDS. With CO almost dead and Neveronline forcing cash shop down your throat I think it was about time I returned to Trek with my tail between my legs XD

I got a Klink and soon a Romulan who will ally with Klinks, so I guess Ill be seeing ya!

Let us not give up on CO though. Hope against hope!

And yeah, NWO can suck it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    We have swords too
    infact im seriously considering heading over to NW and sorting them out (im informed that there are half naked tieflings hanging out in gangs )

Vulcans and Romulans , or half-elves are much prettier :)

Any word on the servers yet?
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rexormunde wrote: »
    Any more factions and the PvP queue will be entirely impossible. :x

Well, I have to say, "GOOD!" but then I've never been one for pvp.;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    baughbtheelfbaughbtheelf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or if you like a modern day setting with a twist, The Secret World.
    mattimeo97 wrote: »
    Moar tears please, they are delicious.

You know, I never played Eve myself so you'll get no tears from me guy. I've known a few people who have tried and I know of only one who is a long time player. He plays for free by using in game currency to buy subscription time, that is, last I knew he did. I don't know if Eve requires a subscription anymore. But the point is, that one guy I know who is a lifer there, he's one of the most miserable people to be around that I have ever met. And according to him, the only people who are "good at Eve" (if there is such a thing) are just like him.
  • Options
    chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been looking around for an ETA to fixing the servers,can't find anything yet.
    Has anyone seen any news on this??????
This discussion has been closed.