What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

4 May 2013 Server Crash (Resolved!)

Comments

• Options
    bond85bond85 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i might...have... to go outside..... AHHH!
  • Options
    mccormick81mccormick81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    storatt wrote: »
    Even worst, but this problem started whit open beta of NW. . .There is too many players for this server so it's crashing. . .What will be when Legacy of Romulus come out??

Ask your self guys what than...

more forum posting????
  • Options
    mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    renic100 wrote: »
    whats bad is yopu have to check other games to find out info on sto and when it might get back online
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?186602-Server-Status-Updates
    they need to get there act together.

Sadly, there's no info there. Just a list of regurgitated statements to the effect that they know it's broke, and are waiting on Geek Squad to come fix it.
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mazerunner wrote: »
    Considering someone's head is likely on the proverbial block, they're hoping the new playerbase will be more content with updates.

"see, we tell you whats going on, but not the STO crowd...this shows we care"

And for some reason, all I can think of is Sirius Cybernetics corp complaint division right about now, singing something a flattened fifth out of tune.

Maybe I'm tired.

Will be interesting to see how the NW player base reacts when LOR launches. Anyone taking bets on us taking down everything in flames for a change?
  • Options
    coldbeer72coldbeer72 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mehlinde wrote: »
    first post is 11:43 to me anyway. so its been down for almost 6 hours?

only 2 :coolhours or this thread would be MUCH bigger...:cool:
  • Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    C-Store is still working :)

Never goes down, zen zen zen
  • Options
    captainpetey001captainpetey001 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When the servers crash, I take a shot of tequila.

And everytime someone posts a be patient and stop complaining post, I do another shot ! ;)

If I can't play the game, I'm gonna party

Dude, what do you think I've been doing since the server went down (except I'm drinking merlot)? I'm amazed I can type coherently LOL!

Perhaps we should start a Cryptic/PWE-server drinking game?

I'll start it: every time a certain PR type comes on here to say "all is well we know what the problem is we're working on it don't ask us for an explanation/ETA/whatever thanks for your patience" BS response, we finish whatever we're drinking.

OK, who's next?
  • Options
    highcasualtyratehighcasualtyrate Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suggest they change the name of the game:

"Star Trek Online: Most of the Time..Except when it's Not"

I LIKE IT!!!
  • Options
    baughbtheelfbaughbtheelf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't bother with Eve. Eve is a lost cause. It's full of grief-ers and trolls who are so well established there is no possibility of making it long enough to actually enjoy the game. There's no point in bashing your head against the pervasive mob mentality that seeks to eradicate anything that isn't a carbon copy of itself. Seriously, those people need to remember that it is just a game after all.

If you're looking for f2p games to check out, try looking through what steam steampowered.com) has to offer. But seriously, forget about even checking out Eve, it really is a lost cause. That steep "learning curve" that has been referred to as the hallmark of the game isn't a learning curve at all, it's a solid brick wall build by the people who play the game as though their life the depended on it and if you're not already one of them, you never will be.
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bond85 wrote: »
    i might...have... to go outside..... AHHH!

But if the universe and it's entire contents are contained within my magic electric smiles box... What's outside?... IS THERE AN OUTSIDE?!? :eek::confused:

IT'S A TRICK! Don't believe their lies! :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coldbeer72 wrote: »
    only 2 :coolhours or this thread would be MUCH bigger...:cool:

aye once Sat morning cartoons are over we should start getting a real nice page count
  • Options
    aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mehlinde wrote: »
    first post is 11:43 to me anyway. so its been down for almost 6 hours?

The game went down on my end at 5:30ish pm for me, it is now 7:41pm. Not even 2.5 hours yet, but I'm starting to think we'll see the same as yesterday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mattimeo97 wrote: »
    You want them to take STO down?

Rofl, yeah, well, some bugs currently in STO were in beta.
  • Options
    mazerunnermazerunner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daskippa wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see how the NW player base reacts when LOR launches. Anyone taking bets on us taking down everything in flames for a change?

*Laughing*

Sci-Fi versus Fantasy....
    This is going to get ugly....very, very fast
    MazeRunner

"Reason notwithstanding, the Universe continues unabated."
  • Options
    jazziecakezjazziecakez Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a new player to this game and I have to say I like it already... 3 days playing and I've already "invested" 60 bucks into it. It's a shame how it's handled though. I used to think "Nexon" was bad but this.... this is worse.
  • Options
    mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mikearoo wrote: »
    Rofl, yeah, well, some bugs currently in STO were in beta.

Exactly. ;)
  • Options
    coldbeer72coldbeer72 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    totenmet wrote: »
    C-Store is still working :)

Never goes down, zen zen zen

OF COURSE THE CASH COW IS ON A SEPERATE SERVER......:mad::mad:
  • Options
    afreebyafreeby Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you (Joshing) me? Wow.

With the foundry nerf, I've been popping on and off, once an hour, just to get my loot.
  • Options
    lukem2409lukem2409 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's peak time in Australia right now and all my friends and I are missing out. This is a BS joke seriously, some compensation is in order. I think an extra 500 Zen for lifers maybe.
    Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mattimeo97 wrote: »
    You want them to take STO down?

Quick, someone get some water
  • Options
    infydelinfydel Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a new player to this game and I have to say I like it already... 3 days playing and I've already "invested" 60 bucks into it. It's a shame how it's handled though. I used to think "Nexon" was bad but this.... this is worse.

I'm $70 down, and so far the first two days of my subscription have been lost :(

I wouldn't mind so much, except that I keep missing out on the in-game events I want to play.
    Vulcans are MEAN
  • Options
    nightbringer83nightbringer83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Please dont use that N... word.
  • Options
    bond85bond85 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    haha, is it too early for beer?

i feel this might help me cope
  • Options
    amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oh c'mon everyone. STO has given us players more than any other online game. (Which is why I voted for STO as the best online game).

I mean, have you seen the prices on Champions Online?

It's ridiculous . And the exchange system on STO, as well, allows for zen and dil exchange alot easier than other games systems.

Now we got the new STO world arriving on the 21st, with playable Romulans!

My point is, despite all the faults in the game, I have to say that STO still has a greater amount of Good things than bad.

Let it go offline as it has had to at the moment, for as long as it needs to, at least it gets things fixed somewhat then.

I appreciate all STO has done, all the hard work, and true fans will remain and stick with it no matter what.

I say, God Bless you all, all those whom work for STO and all the players whom play as well.

I understand that the star trek universe is perhaps, a real universe in most of our minds eyes, and this , is completely understood. So I can understand the anger or frustration, when it goes offline, yet try to be understanding, after all, they did bring the universe to You, surely that's worth some patience and gratitude?

I think so.

God bless STO, and Live long and prosper everyone.
  • Options
    dbk3dbk3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update 5 (2:43AM PDT): We're still working on making the servers available for everyone, and will share more details just as soon as we have them. Thanks!

Better no update than that... and 1 single malt for me !
  • Options
    rexormunderexormunde Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No one's going to care about one, or even a hundred people leaving. I have no idea what the player base numbers look like, but I think it's safe to assume you need more impact to give them any real concern.

Still, there's no reason for Neverwinter to go down, and then cause STO to go down. I don't get it. Is it a coincidence? I don't think so, but I'll admit it could be. These games should -not- be on the same servers, and if the company can't afford to run them separately, then there's other problems that really need to be looked at.

Maybe I'll go play the JJ Abrams game... it might have broken co-op, but at least I can still play it when it decides to be "Star Trek Offline".

This is just a Gorn shame.

Yeah, I totally just said that. :P
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please dont use that N... word.

Neverwinter?
  • Options
    oowoonoowoon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dbk3 wrote: »
    Update 5 (2:43AM PDT): We're still working on making the servers available for everyone, and will share more details just as soon as we have them. Thanks!

Bahh. I might just go to bed...
  • Options
    travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dbk3 wrote: »

Where are these updates being posted?
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
This discussion has been closed.