What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

4 May 2013 Server Crash (Resolved!)

Comments

• Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    3 Lobies would equal in around 250K energy credits, I'd be fine with that.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Monday :confused:
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013

And thats why Treks elves are better they come with mad hairdos , tin foil weapons and badass battle music. Id like to see Dritzz Do'urden try and top that :D
  • Options
    renic100renic100 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Feel letdown you fix neverwinter and we get treated like 2nd class.
    your getting no more money from me:(
  • Options
    amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rexormunde wrote: »
    Any more factions and the PvP queue will be entirely impossible. :x

For now anyway. Not sure what the Romulan expansion is doing to PvP. Maybe more people will be inspired to queue.

Personally, I think the more Playable Factions, the better. There's more than enough people who play STO, so it's not like there wouldn't be Federation characters on at sometime.

It would also perhaps bring in more people to the game. (though there is many already I am sure).

I would have a Borg Faction, Klingon, Romulan, Ferengi, Undine, Dominion, Every Faction!

It would be fun to be able to choose a Faction! And I hope they do it!
  • Options
    spork87spork87 Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic shut down the neverwinter beta and pay attention to paying customers, I can promise if this keeps happening I will cancel my sub, and i will never give your PWE another dime of my money, and I've spent over 2 grand on your game since February, so listen very closely, get my game working now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dbk3dbk3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, I got a new message!

"Star Trek Online is closed for maintenance at this time"

Rather than "Connecting to login server" until it times out.

F... another drink for me...

And N. is up : Burn the heretics !
  • Options
    coldbeer72coldbeer72 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tequila? BAH!

*pushes a 5th of glenfiddich, single malt, single barrel towards travelingmaster*

Have something stronger! =D

Pushes a shot of GAMEL DANSK across the table.....THAT will put hairs where you probably don't want them....:D
  • Options
    locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so has there been any word from cryptic on what happened and why and when they expect it to be back up?
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would suggest everyone get used to this. When they shoehorn the expansion into the already struggling servers I fully expect to spend more time outside the game than in it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    quick someone post the address for the never winter launcher and everyone on this fourm ping it at 3:15am PST lets show them what people with a grip on technology can do to fantasy nerds
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jazziecakezjazziecakez Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daskippa wrote: »
    you must say "OOOOMMMmmmmm" while "looking" for it to do any good

I LoL'd at that
  • Options
    bond85bond85 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    amahood wrote: »
    Personally, I think the more Playable Factions, the better. There's more than enough people who play STO, so it's not like there wouldn't be Federation characters on at sometime.

It would also perhaps bring in more people to the game. (though there is many already I am sure).

I would have a Borg Faction, Klingon, Romulan, Ferengi, Undine, Dominion, Every Faction!

It would be fun to be able to choose a Faction! And I hope they do it!

someone said a long time ago about allowing every race and then the people of those race vote for their only leader etc, it would make it competitive etc,

Thought it sounded a good idea but nothing every happened with it :D
  • Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why do the call them selves "Perfect World"?

http://www.perfectworld.com/
  • Options
    miloflippermiloflipper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, I got a new message!

"Star Trek Online is closed for maintenance at this time"

Rather than "Connecting to login server" until it times out.

Strange... the message I'm getting is... SUCKERRRR!
  • Options
    coldbeer72coldbeer72 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spork87 wrote: »
    Cryptic shut down the neverwinter beta and pay attention to paying customers, I can promise if this keeps happening I will cancel my sub, and i will never give your PWE another dime of my money, and I've spent over 2 grand on your game since February, so listen very closely, get my game working now.

2 GRAND......thats some serious TRIBBLE gaming commitment there brother.......
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    And once again I need to stress it.

Cryptic, please use separate servers for your games.

The one old server could handle CO and STO, but adding NW to it is like putting an new third bag on an already overtaxed mule.

So like the mule, the server will simply decide it can not carry that much , and shut down.

Now I know that just running one server is lazier, but with three games now the old single one just cant handle it.

Please consider getting neverwinter a new server (or better, give all games their own ones).

I understand this is a huge investement, but with Neverwinter getting released soon, I'm sure PWE will get a lot of money.

Now do they want all the new NW folks to experience a load of downtimes as the old server struggles (and gives a very bad first impression) or invest in a new server that will please the playerbase of their shiny new game (and fix the problems with STO too) .

I do have to agree , I think some more Servers would be a wise investment. I hope they do, cause obviously the faster and better the game works, and the less problems it has , due to having more Servers, would make us Players happier. So it would be wise I think.

And I hope they do so.
  • Options
    shelkranshelkran Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so has there been any official response to the servers going down yet?
    it has been over 2 hours.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bond85 wrote: »
    someone said a long time ago about allowing every race and then the people of those race vote for their only leader etc, it would make it competitive etc,

Thought it sounded a good idea but nothing every happened with it :D

Hey that is a good idea, I like it!
  • Options
    jazziecakezjazziecakez Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    totenmet wrote: »
    Why do the call them selves "Perfect World"?

http://www.perfectworld.com/

I haven't had much problems with PW games like FW and PWI..
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    his arms wide ;)
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coldbeer72 wrote: »

The dude has a Starfox AV you just know he is a hardcore wingcomander spaceman . I would not mess with @__@"
  • Options
    mazerunnermazerunner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vizh20 wrote: »
    This is pretty incorrect, you just need to link up with a good Corporation. If you see a Goonswarm affiliate around, just give them a message asking to join. There will be an application fee, of course, but they'll guide you through the process and you'll be joining in huge space battles with paid-for, insured ships in no time.

Get a little experience in the game before you decide to pay for features.

Joining in huge battles is easy, so long as you don't mind sitting around waiting for them on occasion. (Which is a risk for any major alliance, I should add.)

And is Goonswarm still handing out free lobotomies? The last PR guy I met had graduated to not drooling while reaching for his crayons.
    MazeRunner

"Reason notwithstanding, the Universe continues unabated."
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aelrhiana wrote: »
    Um...wow. They definitely aren't getting money from me after this. The game with paying players gets shafted, while the game that is in BETA gets regular forum updates and is brought back online first.

Just...wow.

How is this in any way surprising? If it was my company I would prioritise the new game which is in open beta and close to release also.... just sayin'

It sucks, because I want to play STO not NW, but it's kind of understandable!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    coldbeer72 wrote: »

I enjoy my star trek and at least 900 of that went straight to my fleets starbase projects.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mcbing007mcbing007 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Typical.

I come back after a year or two since playing last, waisted nearly 10gb from my internet quota (well haven't really counted the quota consumption) and time downloading all the patches and files...

to a downed server.

And they're even too lazy to update on the status of what's happening or provide an eta
  • Options
    x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shelkran wrote: »
    so has there been any official response to the servers going down yet?
    it has been over 2 hours.

What are you talking about. Server is up, oh wait only Neverwinter, sorry we need the CO/STO clusters. Goes and plays NW instead. :eek:
  • Options
    acavalloacavallo Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok so with all the outages the past two days, any idea if Cryptic will do anything to appease the cries of our anguish? lol I doubt it too but I can dream.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    topset wrote: »
    How is this in any way surprising? If it was my company I would prioritise the new game which is in open beta and close to release also.... just sayin'

It sucks, because I want to play STO not NW, but it's kind of understandable!

actully working on the servers where I work this is the excat opposite of how any company should work. We have a few projects in beta that are being used by a few customers, but if our servers go down we first restore service to our live software and websites and bring the beta software up afterwards. A beta is expected to have downtime, a live game, project, service, website is expected to have priority, if we treated our customers this way we would go out of bussiness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.