What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

4 May 2013 Server Crash (Resolved!)

Comments

• Options
    disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • Options
    chtullu0815chtullu0815 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    moaning is fun though....
    Hey everyone!

We're aware that the servers are inaccessible at the moment and are investigating. Thanks for bearing with us!

We'll update this post with more info as soon as we have it.

Thanks again!

Update 1 (1:25AM PDT): We believe we may have identified the issue that has caused the server outage and are looking into a solution. Thanks for waiting!
    Update 2 (1:37AM PDT): We are making excellent progress and are working to bring the servers back up as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience!
    Update 3 (1:51AM PDT): We are going through the necessary steps to bring the shards online and ensure stability. Thanks for sticking with us!
    Update 4 (2:14AM PDT): We're still working on making the shards available for everyone and are getting closer to having an ETA for you. Thanks!
    Update 5 (2:43AM PDT): We're still working on making the servers available for everyone, and will share more details just as soon as we have them. Thanks!
  • Options
    coldbeer72coldbeer72 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lukem2409 wrote: »
    It's peak time in Australia right now and all my friends and I are missing out. This is a BS joke seriously, some compensation is in order. I think an extra 500 Zen for lifers maybe.

AM in Brisbane.....and now have to talk to the wife....1000 zen for all I reckon....extra for those in my situation.....its not fun talkin Candy Crush.....:eek:
  • Options
    captainpetey001captainpetey001 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dbk3 wrote: »
    Update 5 (2:43AM PDT): We're still working on making the servers available for everyone, and will share more details just as soon as we have them. Thanks!

Better no update than that... and 1 single malt for me !

DAMNIT! Now I must open another bottle of merlot, and I'm in the PDT time zone. Breakfast should be very interesting.
  • Options
    mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't bother with Eve. Eve is a lost cause. It's full of grief-ers and trolls who are so well established there is no possibility of making it long enough to actually enjoy the game. There's no point in bashing your head against the pervasive mob mentality that seeks to eradicate anything that isn't a carbon copy of itself. Seriously, those people need to remember that it is just a game after all.

If you're looking for f2p games to check out, try looking through what steam steampowered.com) has to offer. But seriously, forget about even checking out Eve, it really is a lost cause. That steep "learning curve" that has been referred to as the hallmark of the game isn't a learning curve at all, it's a solid brick wall build by the people who play the game as though their life the depended on it and if you're not already one of them, you never will be.

Moar tears please, they are delicious.
  • Options
    krypter3krypter3 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's so silly that no one give's STO updates for this. This has to be Cryptics biggest money maker so what's the deal.
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Neverwinter?

NeverWorking?
  • Options
    jazziecakezjazziecakez Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter?

Lol no Nexon. Nexon, Nexon, Nexon... I used to think they where the worse before I came to Cryptic
  • Options
    dbk3dbk3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    bond85bond85 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    moaning is fun though....

where would we be without it? :)
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    amahood wrote: »
    oh c'mon everyone. STO has given us players more than any other online game. (Which is why I voted for STO as the best online game).

I mean, have you seen the prices on Champions Online?

It's ridiculous . And the exchange system on STO, as well, allows for zen and dil exchange alot easier than other games systems.

Now we got the new STO world arriving on the 21st, with playable Romulans!

My point is, despite all the faults in the game, I have to say that STO still has a greater amount of Good things than bad.

Let it go offline as it has had to at the moment, for as long as it needs to, at least it gets things fixed somewhat then.

I appreciate all STO has done, all the hard work, and true fans will remain and stick with it no matter what.

I say, God Bless you all, all those whom work for STO and all the players whom play as well.

I understand that the star trek universe is perhaps, a real universe in most of our minds eyes, and this , is completely understood. So I can understand the anger or frustration, when it goes offline, yet try to be understanding, after all, they did bring the universe to You, surely that's worth some patience and gratitude?

I think so.

God bless STO, and Live long and prosper everyone.

You're one of their workers, aren't you? Given that we had 3 hr maintenance the day before yesterday(?) , the server crashed yesterday for 5 hrs and now it's down again for, what 2 hrs so far? I think we're entitled to be a little annoyed. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter?

HA!

Dirty talk!

P.S. I have yet to actually see you over here in STO Nepht, we must have a chat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    outside :D
  • Options
    amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kirisee wrote: »
    OK Cryptic...you have 1 hour to get this game working right...or i will pull all my financial support from this game and spend it elsewhere (might want to check how much i spend per month lol) .....this is 2 days in a row that you have killed your servers....i'm an IT tech...this is unacceptable, and your your player base is getting tired of it....get a clue already......hmmm. sigh...ok.. i'll take a deep beath now....pant pant pant.....ok...better now....but dang....get it fixed lol

patience , friend, I suggest you read what I just posted here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=9662601&posted=1
  • Options
    vizh20vizh20 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't bother with Eve. Eve is a lost cause. It's full of grief-ers and trolls who are so well established there is no possibility of making it long enough to actually enjoy the game. There's no point in bashing your head against the pervasive mob mentality that seeks to eradicate anything that isn't a carbon copy of itself. Seriously, those people need to remember that it is just a game after all.

This is pretty incorrect, you just need to link up with a good Corporation. If you see a Goonswarm affiliate around, just give them a message asking to join. There will be an application fee, of course, but they'll guide you through the process and you'll be joining in huge space battles with paid-for, insured ships in no time.
  • Options
    coldbeer72coldbeer72 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dbk3 wrote: »

Better no update than that... and 1 single malt for me !

AM up to beer number 6 on this thread so far.....makes for a good night....even if talkin to the missus is involved..:P:P
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I notice that this forum does not get the announcement
    which seems odd (there are a LOT more of us than the NW crowd)
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lukem2409 wrote: »
    It's peak time in Australia right now and all my friends and I are missing out. This is a BS joke seriously, some compensation is in order. I think an extra 500 Zen for lifers maybe.

Indeed, we had to postpone a round of our fleet PVP Tornament which had taken weeks of planning to get a schedule right. Now we have to work around when people are available too. I think these people need to remember that not everyone gets to play 24/7 and this could be the only time they get to play (well used to be anyway).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The #1 problem with the servers, the reason why the servers keep crashing, we need to get Neverwinter off our STO servers. Problem solved!
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    storatt wrote: »
    Even worst, but this problem started whit open beta of NW. . .There is too many players for this server so it's crashing. . .What will be when Legacy of Romulus come out??

Ask your self guys what than...

From a interview with the Cryptic CEO Jack Emmert
    March 28, 2013
    [...]
    One thing both Cryptic and Perfect World have been successful with is free-to-play. I asked Emmert how he felt about the free-to-play market, and he said, ?The amazing thing about free-to-play is that it reaches an industry. If you were a gaming person, it seemed like everyone was talking about City of Heroes, and everyone played it. At our peak, we had 180,000 subscribers. But with free-to-play, I?m attracting a far wider audience. I?m a little nervous about Neverwinter, to be honest. I?m thinking about ordering more servers.?
    http://www.gamefront.com/cryptic-ceo-jack-emmert-talks-neverwinter-mmos-and-more/

Seems the need to order a few more. :P
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sollvax wrote: »

I think there are enough people who have an eye on the thread in the NW forum
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sollvax wrote: »

Not really, NW is their new baby, we're the second, or maybe third, favourite, the one that people accidentally shut the door on. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    cha0s1428cha0s1428 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hate minecraft, but that D is quite impressive
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know what's really scary? how vulnerable to a DNS attack do you think PWE/Cryptic's network is judging by empirical evidence?

So far they've managed to do this to themselves repeatedly without "help"
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited May 2013
    jstewart55 wrote: »

EDIT: Also, would you rather they fix the problem or come here to tell you why it isn't working?

I would rather they have someone to do customer support for issues like these to give customers information. It doesnt take an IT engineer to get a few details like an eta on repairs and they do not have to actualy be one of the people working on the repairs.

Also most game companies, the developers are not the ones doing the IT work and the customer service reps dont do the IT or development. just like where you work everyone has a position and a job to do.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    draggothdraggoth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    europe aint better of then australia either, prime time no, but alot of people do play if they have of day in midday time. (12:00 here)
    daskippa wrote: »
    You know what's really scary? how vulnerable to a DNS attack do you think PWE/Cryptic's network is judging by empirical evidence?

So far they've managed to do this to themselves without "help"

Kinda like a cop shooting himself in the foot with his own gun.
  • Options
    morden613morden613 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3p0510.jpg
  • Options
    amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're one of their workers, aren't you? Given that we had 3 hr maintenance the day before yesterday(?) , the server crashed yesterday for 5 hrs and now it's down again for, what 2 hrs so far? I think we're entitled to be a little annoyed. ;)

LOL, I wish i was, I've got alot of great idea's I would luv to add to STO.

I would bring out a playable Borg species, where you start off as a borg queen or king, and begin with a small ship, and of course you would be trying to assimilate other species during episodes.

That's what I would like to see happen. But sadly I am not one of their workers.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    and funny hair cuts
This discussion has been closed.