Install Arc
Options

4 May 2013 Server Crash (Resolved!)

Comments

• Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    infydel wrote: »
    plus you can find out all about how the Soviet Union invaded the Hollow Earth in the 1960s with an army of cyborg vampires

with laser beams
  • Options
    whoami4whoami4 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol using gerbils as server "runners". They run on thier little wheel and run the servers and when they dontt want to run anymore the server goes down lol
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry but this is a FAIL!! why split them... means more down time for everyone instead of one patch means several etc etc...

I WOULD!! split the games in to diff servers thou not bung them all on one a hope for best...

at this rate LOR is going to be a EPIC FAIL on launch day
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    coldbeer72 wrote: »
    I Have heard that you get flamed big time if you blink the wrong way, any truth to this....?

There could be some truth that its definitely a game that thrives on hate :D
  • Options
    miloflippermiloflipper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Might try LOTR, as am an 'old school' sci fi/fantasy fan....EVE maybe a possibility, but have heard....bad thing about it.....anyone with eperiences there?

I found EVE to be terminally boring. Real-time progression sux.
  • Options
    oneandonlyrecceoneandonlyrecce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I fully support the last posting especially the last comment. Tried to download NW yesterday but immediately sto got sooo bad lags that i had to turn the download of to keep playing.
    You don't think that had anything to do with your linespeed not being up to it? :P
  • Options
    mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I Have heard that you get flamed big time if you blink the wrong way, any truth to this....?

Flamed? No.

You might get shot up, scammed, and lose all your stuff in short order if you lack a modicum of common sense.
  • Options
    goaheadandsmokegoaheadandsmoke Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What idiot decides two put these programs on the same server. I mean in season three they had same problems. lets lose costumer that we allready have for some beta test. Cryptic new business model I cant belelave this two time in less then 24 hours wtf guys whats going on i want a refund on my subscription this month dam..........
  • Options
    gallowsbait1gallowsbait1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Might try LOTR, as am an 'old school' sci fi/fantasy fan....EVE maybe a possibility, but have heard....bad thing about it.....anyone with eperiences there?

EVE can be fantastic, but it is very niche and very cuthroat and has serious permanent impacts when you get stuff wrong.

The fact you lose stuff (even skills trained sometimes) when you die, and the fact it can be the heavily meta-gamed makes it more risky than most are willing to take. Still, it kept me hooked for years.

If you think fleet management issues or asset stealing are at players own risk and you're prepared to risk losing your ship permanently if you get blown up, the rewards are there.

If you think life should be fair and just and risk free, its hell.
  • Options
    cptadamsmithcptadamsmith Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well they said they installed new hardware. It worked fine for a while, then crashed. The most likely cause is that another piece of hardware installed a while back has gone bang lol

Guess it's going to be a wall staring weekend for most. We've been here before and we're here again. It's going to take a week for them to really sort it out. Remember STO's launch and all the server crashes lol No weekend play for a month if I remember. Every weekend it was down lol:mad:

Another game to play then mmmmm
  • Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jstewart55 wrote: »
    There's a world out there, you know. It has trees and animals and stuff. It's pretty cool. :D

Outside is disease and danger wrapped in brightness and noise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We won't get jack as usual so don't even bother asking, we are not that important to them...

In all fairness,they are bleeding money right now...if people can't play,they can't spend Zen....no Zen,no money.

People are frustrated right now with the server being down,the longer it takes for the server to be back up again,the more frustrated people get...even to the point that they don't come back.They need people to play their game to make money,and happy players spend a lot more....it's actually in their best interest to give something to the players to keep them happy.
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is going to sound terrible, but maybe the servers should stay down for a few weeks. We've been having all these technical issues for a while now and based on what we can see so far on Tribble it looks like the devs still have a MASSIVE amount of bugs to take care of before LOR goes live.

Maybe Cryptic and PWE should just take the servers offline for a while, replace the hardware with gear that doesn't crash all the time, and give the devs some time to focus on LOR and then launch the NEW and IMPROVED STO at the end of this month.

Drastic measures ... and I know it isn't going to happen, but technical problems like we keep seeing are just going to get worse when a greater number of players jump online to play the new LOR content.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK PWE/Cryptic, time to come forth with the free Zen. It's Friday night (well early Sat. now), I have insomnia, and want to play.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    colkernelcolkernel Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Need I say more?
  • Options
    angryjonny55angryjonny55 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree on this, there isn't one fan in a computer, there are multiple such as case fans and CPU fan. It would just overheat and corrupt, not catch on fire!

Probably is one of these things: Hardware, D/DoS attack, network issues and power outage.

It actually is possible, though highly unlikely, for a server to catch fire. Most servers only have 1 fan in them, to make them as slim as possible, so the server rooms have the temp controlled as well as the humidity level. I did security for a mortgage company that had the temp and humidity controllers fail, and that caused 4 servers to overheat, short out and catch fire.
  • Options
    coldbeer72coldbeer72 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mattimeo97 wrote: »
    Flamed? No.

You might get shot up, scammed, and lose all your stuff in short order if you lack a modicum of common sense.

Then not my scene......am far to laid back for that sort of ****.....
    May have to break out the PS One for some original X-COM goodness....was not impressed with the new version....had massive potential, but.......:(
  • Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Scotty tells how long it will take: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9SVhg6ZENw
  • Options
    infydelinfydel Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daskippa wrote: »
    with laser beams

no, really, that's in there.

the best part about TSW is how they manage to work in basically every single conspiracy theory ever (except aliens - at least so far) then give it their own weird spin.
    Vulcans are MEAN
  • Options
    dbk3dbk3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOTRO is not bad too... easy to start with story driven "epic"quest.
    RP servers are more friendly and mature.
  • Options
    sirwinnersirwinner Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hope that the servers come back online soon.

For now falling asleep in my chair.

Happy STO'ing soon to you all.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:mad:
  • Options
    nithanathnithanath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Zombie ponies would be awesome.
  • Options
    tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    infydel wrote: »
    you should give The Secret World a try - they have a F2P mechanic that ISN'T pay-to-win, and it's not a bad game

Pretty sure TSW is b2p, although a cheap buy.

Eve is good but you have to know what you are getting into lol... its dangerous out there!
    edited May 2013
    blaumker wrote: »
    Pasted from the Neverwinter forum---seems they have a Dev Tracker category on that one. Original post was from 12:58 today, but I can't make sense of the time zones used since the forums are different from the servers that are different from...um, where I am, so I get jet lag just fishing for info.

where did this come from?
  • Options
    coldbeer72coldbeer72 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dbk3 wrote: »
    LOTRO is not bad too... easy to start with story driven "epic"quest.
    RP servers are more friendly and mature.

Will defintely have a look. Have been a LOTR fan for over 30 years, so looks like it could be a good backstop for STO every second day......:P
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Also considering some of the bust sizes I see alla time in STO. If your into that kinda thing and like toon TRIBBLE; Scarlet Blade might interest you.
  • Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A litte tip getting this thing fixed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hShY6xZWVGE
  • Options
    ursansnowursansnow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing on Twitter yet about the outage. Something is defenetly not stiring the kool aid in the server room.
This discussion has been closed.