What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

4 May 2013 Server Crash (Resolved!)

Comments

• Options
    nithanathnithanath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While the server is down I'm watchig a video about the new Star Trek game. Looks pretty cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mccormick81mccormick81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    usscapital wrote: »
    did not branflakes state that new hardware was being introduced so this does not happen again , you got it wrong branflakes cause it has happened again

he is a salesman he will tell us whatever we want to hear except the trueth... which in the end will be a lot of lost players.
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited May 2013

I'm really sorry about that because i would really love to play a ST online game. I wish CBS had sold the license to a company who knew what to do with it and knew what they are doing.

CBS did not sell the license. They wouldnt sell it at all ever because it is too valuable. Star Wars and Star Trek are the two top slots for science fiction. They would be crazy to go from number 2 to number 0 in this market. What CBS did is allow the use of the license for a premium of all sales with some very heavy stipulations on how it is used so the IP is not ruined.

Anyway, hows them servers going?
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If the server caught fire after a single fan broke off it is time to invest in some new hardware ...

And a fire extinguisher :D

Down in the UK here as well.

Damn it...that means I have to do ... gasp....laundry!!!!
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    elcapitannx01elcapitannx01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neverwinter authentication servers had crashed. I assume, STO and Neverwinter servers are connected if not the same...so all cryptic games atm are not responding...
  • Options
    pinkrikerpinkriker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll just copypasta a wow thread from 2005 about a crash. Same words, different names
  • Options
    dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same, it's dead for me as well. And no posts by cryptic yet.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • Options
    pakledworldpakledworld Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm really sorry about that because i would really love to play a ST online game. I wish CBS had sold the license to a company who knew what to do with it and knew what they are doing.

Lets just remember most of these huge balls ups have only started since Pakled World took over...
    Pakled World Entertainment: Looking for things to make STO go since 2011.

We have found it: General Server Stability. We are strong now...
  • Options
    rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mikearoo wrote: »
    Now are they on separate virtual servers, or really on separate servers :)

We all know its the influx of traffic hitting the one area, its time to get a new network, or host, or something :)

This. When all of Cryptic's games go down at once, the server configuration becomes more evident. Hopefully they will be able to rectify this in the future.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nithanath wrote: »
    While the server is down I'm watchig a video about the new Star Trek game. Looks pretty cool.

wait till you get half way threw the video.... p.s. the server is going to crash!
  • Options
    texastrekkietexastrekkie Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am hoping it's the same problem as last night and will be an easy/quick fix ;)
  • Options
    oowoonoowoon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eh, It's not really much skin off my back atm, I'll just watch Star Trek, and wait for amazon to deliver my season 3 blu-rays.
  • Options
    hoemschipoemschhoemschipoemsch Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here in Germany not only the game is down but the forum is down, too. Hope we know soon how much time (more or less) it might be down.

mona
  • Options
    jonathan#1031 jonathan Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still think its my fault, as I am up late on the web, rather than sleeping: I should be interviewing for jobs tomorrow... instead I am out of work, with out many leads. Are others in that Predicament?
    <|>< . . . <z^>< . . . <zX^>< <( (..) )> oO(There's always a bigger Fish in the sea.)
  • Options
    coresystemcoresystem Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My ZX81 was more reliable than this..:(
  • Options
    theftbottheftbot Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's cool guys they are just making room so my friends and I can get some more bandwidth for the Neverwinter server nodes. Enjoy your downtime/lag!
  • Options
    aspheasphe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Try pinging the patchserver (<ping -t patchserver.crypticstudios.com>). If that fails, that would explain why you can't even start the launcher.

You could temporarily change your DNS servers to something like Google's (8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4) or McAfee's on the small change your ISP/DNS service has a small hiccup.
  • Options
    cojak70cojak70 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    luxandraluxandra Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let's see how many more times this will take before PWE/Cryptic finally decide it's time to spend money to allocate additional hardware resources to help prevent this in the future.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tabzen wrote: »

Stop blaming NW and start blaming the hardware.

How about I blame cryptic for running NW on hardware that isn't ready to run it at the same time as it runs CO and STO?
  • Options
    jazziecakezjazziecakez Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame

ok so we should make a pool on how long it takes them to notice the server is on fire again....

You'd think that they would have a night shift to monitor the game during the late hours of the night.... Simple really...
  • Options
    phantompain1977phantompain1977 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not just STO. I can't launch any other PWE games (Champions Online actually). Please fix this.
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    And a fire extinguisher :D

Down in the UK here as well.

Damn it...that means I have to do ... gasp....laundry!!!!

It's dangerous in there! Take an emergency beacon... Or a crucifix... ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    nitsua116nitsua116 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    draoki wrote: »
    I still think its my fault, as I am up late on the web, rather than sleeping: I should be interviewing for jobs tomorrow... instead I am out of work, with out many leads. Are others in that Predicament?

Eh? sort of? My wife is pregnant, I have college stuff to do tomorrow, and I should be filling out job applications.

Clearly the patch server was sabotaged so we go back to being responsible adults.
  • Options
    milesllewellynmilesllewellyn Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aye update patcher server seems to be down, so confirmig can't connect in the UK, ho hum might go play the Start Trek video game on the Xbox instead this morning.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dpglerch wrote: »
    Now I doubt that they just throw ........ around all day
    :rolleyes:

that seems like an improvment on what is happening now doesnt it?
  • Options
    reaperwrightyreaperwrighty Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow crashed again, come on you need to fix this thing
  • Options
    mazel76mazel76 Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2013
    This is unexceptable! I Really want to say a whole lot more but I will refrain from saying so. Fix the problem!!! Try running 1 game on 1 server. If this is what happens when you try to get Neverwinter up and running. What are we the customer/shareholders to expect when the Roms come out??? Also Inform your customers as to what is going on. I really don't like the fact that I have to read another players forum post on the fact the server is down. "Don't tell me to check FB of Twitter, when theres a forums page set up just for things like this."
  • Options
    bgd3183bgd3183 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Shard the Shard the Shard is on fire we don't need no water let the m...... burn ........ burn..m burn!
This discussion has been closed.