test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2 May 2013 - Temporary Outage (Resolved!)

Comments

• Options
    boyscout1971boyscout1971 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    new message at login star trek online is closed for maintenance at this time
  • Options
    sardiajaxsardiajax Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rinkster wrote: »
    Reminds me of the old military six P's

Perfect
    Planning
    Prevents
    P%&*
    Poor
    Performance

Actually it's:

Proper
    Previous
    Planning
    Prevents
    TRIBBLE
    Poor
    Performance
  • Options
    cassianncassiann Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm Betting they aren't working on the problem they are just sitting around drinking coffee and laughing at all the posts on the forum here.
  • Options
    mikallvnvmikallvnv Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    warp1000warp1000 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That damm windows 7 upgrade.... if you dont do it right, u end up with a duo boot system and lose files on both the main drive and back-updrive !

Yay :eek:
  • Options
    thebluerabbitthebluerabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dam game being down so long has turned everyone into forum tolls , lol

No no no. They were like this LONG before these problems.....possibly before this game was even a sparkle in the eye of its programming daddy.
  • Options
    kinmasurakkinmasurak Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been attempting to check this game out for hours now....not a good first impression.
  • Options
    stealthjared555stealthjared555 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This was an incredible time to purchase my lifetime subscription :/
  • Options
    thore187thore187 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Soooo is it SOP around here to not give any updates after saying you'll keep us up to date?
  • Options
    mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cassiann wrote: »
    I'm Betting they aren't working on the problem they are just sitting around drinking coffee and laughing at all the posts on the forum here.

They have to have something to do while they wait on Geek Squad to come reset their router for them.
  • Options
    axel667axel667 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cassiann wrote: »

Please refer back to about page forty where the problem and innevitable coffe drinking was mentioned. Also please take a tour of our sun, I heard it's going to go supernove in the next billion years and we wouldn't want to miss out waiting on STO to come back.
    Are you free?
  • Options
    dinos2012dinos2012 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dam game being down so long has turned everyone into forum tolls , lol

this is turning out to be another....another...APB RELOADED DISASTER! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
  • Options
    suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kargandarr wrote: »
    they frelled up not having a server that can be dropped in to replace the one that went on the fritz abd because of this we get a frelling.

Network hardware does not equal server.
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • Options
    kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In all honesty the least that they "should" do, is to make an announcement with a realistic estimation of how long they expect the servers to be offline.

"We are working it"! is never a good option to throw at the public.

Give the worst case scenario. You don't have to explain why.

I'm confident that if I had come to this message board and read "TEMPORARY OUTAGE" and the body text said, "We are adding hardware. This may take as long as 48 hours. If the work is completed sooner, we will make an announcement".

I wouldn't be sitting here reading the forums and watching people lose their grits and gravy.
    I would have read 48 hours and said, TRIBBLE. Hello Netflix.

"We are trying to get it up and running as soon as possible" is exactly the same as pulling up to a drive thru window and being told, "Something in the kitchen isn't working properly so we can't make your food, but please, sit here in your car with the motor running and your hunger growing and wait. If anything changes, you may or may not hear from me. Feel free to get angrier and angrier as you sit here still interested but uninformed. I'm sure the line of cars behind you will be more than happy to start a conversation about the situation by screaming profanities back and forth from open windows".

But then again, Heroin and crack dealers are not known for their exceptional customer service practices either. The junkies will line up at the door even if you tell them you aren't holding. They will stand their with there crispy lips and crumbled up sweat stained dollar and sidewalk coins and just wait it out.

Pretty much exactly like we are all doing.

hmmm..did you ever think to drive out around the cars in front of you in "your" drive-thru and go to Arby's across the street to get a quick bite before you hit your favorite resturant the next day for your favorite meal?

same thing here....the fry machine has broken.....can't get your favorite fries today...grab some someplace else....and get your favorite tomorrow....what's the big deal?
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • Options
    strahdv1strahdv1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The whole thing stinks of a Nemesis plot!! I bet Lord Recluse and the 5th Column have implanted the entire staff at Cryptic with Nictus. I am sure we will be fine once the Peacebringers arive and take them down. I however won't feel completely safe until Statesman arrives on the sceen.
  • Options
    mskihammer89mskihammer89 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    forum trolls, they will always bring some jokes in during the wait.:P
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to take a stab at 'make it go'?

that's more than 3 letters
  • Options
    crimpson7crimpson7 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Due to the unexpected downtime i lost a bit of my morning game cycle. And by now i believe you are able to notice that i am not all flowers and sushine! So please do something Cryptic. Anyway, If you are fixing this please take your time to ensure that it is all green lights across the board. ALSO I would like to see a sort of compensation like 4 fleet ship modules or a new ship or something else!
    The Wildcards Fleet =/\=
    Admiral T'Vanto of the I.R.W. Dreaded Balerion (Scimitar Dreadnought Warbird) "Burn them All!"
    Admiral Atraxis of the U.S.S. Daskalogiannis (Avenger class Cruiser) "I am Iron Cat!"
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Reading this thread is almost as much fun as watching GLEE...

Well, slightly better anyway... :cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    squishynoisesquishynoise Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thore187 wrote: »
    Soooo is it SOP around here to not give any updates after saying you'll keep us up to date?

That is just SOP for every game company EvAr!!!
    :D
  • Options
    dinos2012dinos2012 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mattimeo97 wrote: »
    They have to have something to do while they wait on Geek Squad to come reset their router for them.

LOL....when the walss fell at TANAGRA hehehehe
  • Options
    dfbackdraft1dfbackdraft1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lets all sing!

Grab your Blood Wine! And everytime you try to login and cant take a quick drink and cheer! or something
    " To boldly Go... Till we run out of gas... "
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013

They have been updating every 15 minutes on twitter. Stop relying on forums, i bet they are using their androids and iphones and not coming here.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    bdancelbdancel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mugi? is that you?
  • Options
    mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yes.

Prior experience has taught them that forum outrage is thrice as withering if they actually provide an ETA and then summarily fail to fix the problem in the allotted time.
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kadir beneath Mo Moteh. Zinda, his face black, his eyes red. Tarmac! The River! In Winter!
    Or the whole system was BROUGHT down when one part failed so it didnt propagate to other clusters. We didnt all drop at the exact same instant. It was a span of 10 minutes, so i reckon something failed, a tech received a warning, and the system was brought down for a maintenance cycle and troubleshoot check.

I assure you there is no way this system is on one box at any point in the chain.

I never did say that, other morons are however saying it's on one box. But there is a demonstrable bottleneck in PWE land. Otherwise every little networking snafu they have wouldn't impact all PWE titles not just STO, or CO or NW. With proper differentiation between systems/networks they would be able to work in isolation.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    wargillwargill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no No No. They Were Like This Long Before These Problems.....possibly Before This Game Was Even A Sparkle In The Eye Of Its Programming Daddy.

Way Before!
    Give me all your latinum... Hew-mon!!
  • Options
    kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    forum trolls, they will always bring some jokes in during the wait.:P

i am a forum troll.....i love jokes and a good bag of french fries lol
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • Options
    dfbackdraft1dfbackdraft1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hurra! Hurra!
    " To boldly Go... Till we run out of gas... "
This discussion has been closed.