test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2 May 2013 - Temporary Outage (Resolved!)

Comments

• Options
    lekillalekilla Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gotta love people raging at a company that let us play for free because servers are down.
  • Options
    reddeadshirtreddeadshirt Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the ship's dead cap'n.

No she's not
    Shirt, Redd Shirt

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sardiajaxsardiajax Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    strahdv1 wrote: »
    The whole thing stinks of a Nemesis plot!! I bet Lord Recluse and the 5th Column have implanted the entire staff at Cryptic with Nictus. I am sure we will be fine once the Peacebringers arive and take them down. I however won't feel completely safe until Statesman arrives on the sceen.

*remembers flying around with a fire controller*

I kinda miss that :/
  • Options
    dennizenxdennizenx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kinmasurak wrote: »
    Been attempting to check this game out for hours now....not a good first impression.

it's worth it ;)

most of the people complaining on here spend dozens of hrs a week playing and this is like being a nausican in a cell with only jelly pods or meat-people to eat....

...or something. If you're a trek fan you will NOT be disappointed.... except when you cant play, like all of us trolls here :D
  • Options
    axel667axel667 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lekilla wrote: »
    gotta love people raging at a company that let us play for free because servers are down.

It's what we do, problem? :)
    Are you free?
  • Options
    wargillwargill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »

I like your pants...
    Give me all your latinum... Hew-mon!!
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm just an Old Troll... :P
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But then again, Heroin and crack dealers are not known for their exceptional customer service practices either. The junkies will line up at the door even if you tell them you aren't holding. They will stand their with there crispy lips and crumbled up sweat stained dollar and sidewalk coins and just wait it out.

Pretty much exactly like we are all doing.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. there is truth in your words there
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    every time the server crashs i get no lag for next 24 hours so if it crashs for 2 hours n i get no lag for 24 hours does this mean i will not get lag for a weeek probs not
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Clears throat" don't hate me for it but for a time i did give up STO for the old republic all i'm going to say is that with each continent having like 7 or 8 servers i never had lag or wait time.
    but i beat the game and it got boring so i came back. but if these waits keep up for long?
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • Options
    rialgirialgi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Thank you SO MUCH for your patience during this outage.

We have isolated the hardware failure and we are slowly bringing back all services, step by step, to ensure there are no more unexpected networking hardware issues.

The portal-wide beta test launch of a new game (Neverwinter) on our network is an extremely exciting time for us and we thank you again for your continued patience and support as we work out the issues during this testing period. Be assured that we are absolutely committed to launching an excellent game while maintaing our current network of games, and would like to thank all of our committed players during this time.

We'll have new hardware in place and us up, shined and secure, soon as we can. Thank you for being amazing, supportive players and helping spread the message while we get things resolved. We will keep you up to date as the situation progresses.

Thank you,

The Perfect World and Cryptic Team

Are they giving any time frame.
    Wish I could think of something wise and cool, and all That!
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daskippa wrote: »
    I never did say that, other morons are however saying it's on one box. But there is a demonstrable bottleneck in PWE land. Otherwise every little networking snafu they have wouldn't impact all PWE titles not just STO, or CO or NW. With proper differentiation between systems/networks they would be able to work in isolation.

The only bottleneck I have seen on their system is the login for the support page. During peak hours in the US it can take 30-45 seconds to refresh the page after the login redirect, which often times out.

It leads me to believe its the master handoff packet in the authentication SSL. But does that affect the game or just the portal/web functions. That I do not know.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where's a Doctor when you need a sonic screwdriver for a server...
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coffeemike wrote: »
    where's A Doctor When You Need A Sonic Screwdriver For A Server...

Its A Fixed Point!!!!!!!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    duggeekduggeek Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thore187 wrote: »
    Soooo is it SOP around here to not give any updates after saying you'll keep us up to date?

My boy, don't you know? They are keeping us updated on the subspace frequencies, you just have to tune in.

Of course, since we find ourselves in the 21st century, it's only known by the archaic term: Twitter

A keyboard... how quaint.
  • Options
    lekillalekilla Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what I am reading out of most people is the same as saying "I just got a free house but OMG It is veige and not yellow, LETS YELL AT THE PEOPLE THAT GAVE IT TO US!!!!!"
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DONT WORRY!!!, just heard that even though its to bright they have sent in Slamek to fix things
  • Options
    lebtronlebtron Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just the fact that Starfleet chars could have contact with Neverwinter chars via chat is a violation of the Prime Directive. I doubt such a short maintenance is a soluition, we need instead a court-martial!

PS: My nausicaan raider was not successful in traiding warp technology against some kind of magic:(
  • Options
    delph1sdelph1s Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://i.imgur.com/xWf9deI.gif

No offence to the employees, but i always find it funny. :D
  • Options
    madaleinmadalein Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Don't play neverwinter then, they don't have many pants over there...
  • Options
    shapeywhelmshapeywhelm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coffeemike wrote: »
    Where's a Doctor when you need a sonic screwdriver for a server...

stuck in the server

http://i.imgur.com/k9KMAoc.png
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    duggeek wrote: »
    My boy, don't you know? They are keeping us updated on the subspace frequencies, you just have to tune in.

Of course, since we find ourselves in the 21st century, it's only known by the archaic term: Twitter

A keyboard... how quaint.

"Hel-low Com-pu-ter"...
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    dennizenxdennizenx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rialgi wrote: »
    Are they giving any time frame.

seldom ... first time ?
  • Options
    dinos2012dinos2012 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013

on contrare mo capitan nothing is free you.. you....noob
  • Options
    bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    now that i think on its STO i have stay the waits the lag its all worth feeling like Captain kirk!
    :cool:
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • Options
    kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is just SOP for every game company EvAr!!!
    :D

i'm not a Cryptic employee....but really....it might take a bit for Bran to get "his" updates from the techs.....give it a break...the game has been down since about 6:30 PST....its a hardware failure accoding to Bran..and i believe him..but it might take awhile to get new hardware up and running right....seriously....do you want thmn to bring up a busted game? let them fix it right...be patient
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • Options
    duggeekduggeek Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its A Fixed Point!!!!!!!

The 2nd of May happened, it has happened, it will happen, it always happens!
  • Options
    corjetcorjet Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Opening Sequence: Admiral Lee Rand Corjet is on his beloved space ship... Looking out of the viewport in his ready room.
    ACTION: Intercut - he's now dressed in ancient pajama's sitting in a chair and looking at a view screen... Actually an ancient PC Monitor... He taps his Comm badge.
    Computer?
    He waits for the acknowledge tone, but nothing happens. He taps his comm badge again.
    Computer?!?
    Still, no acknowledgement from the computer. He thinks about his current situation and starts to speak.
    Admirals log... Supplemental. It looks like I've somehow been transported to one of the many mirror universes... I don't know what's happening, or... More importantly... How do I get back home.
    ACTION: He taps on the ancient monitor, trying to make it work.
    Computer?!?
    Still no response.
    Funny thing... Not so funny... I see my universe on this... This screen, but I can't get back in there!
    He looks around and sees a little device by his hand. He reaches for it and out of the corner of his eye he sees something on the screen move.
    Oh! An input device.
    He moves it around, then he clicks on the "Login" button. Then he hears a familiar sound... Then the screen changes: "Invalid username or password."
    TRIBBLE! It's encrypted.
    He pauses a few moments and looks around. The screen changes back to the login screen he's been staring at for hours now.
    There's got to be another input device...
    He pokes at the keyboard, then tries the button again. Time and time again he sees: "Invalid username or password."
    Finally he sees: "Connecting to the login server..."
    Oh yes!
    "Connection to the login server timed out." Then the screen goes back to the login screen: "Connection to the login server timed out. Press the Support button for additional help." He presses the "Support button" and sees another screen appear, covering the login screen.
    Perfect world?!? I've been trying to get back home for over 3 hours now!!
    Corjet facepalms... Then turns around and pulls down his pajama's.
    Stupid computer! Kiss my Bolian Blue Moon!!!
    He clicks his heels together and says: "There's no place like home! There's no place like home! There's no place like home!"
  • Options
    sardiajaxsardiajax Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only bottleneck I have seen on their system is the login for the support page. During peak hours in the US it can take 30-45 seconds to refresh the page after the login redirect, which often times out.

It leads me to believe its the master handoff packet in the authentication SSL. But does that affect the game or just the portal/web functions. That I do not know.

Probably both, but to a lesser degree the actual game. During peak times i get a general slowdown from switching characters or if i happen to get disconnected.
  • Options
    axel667axel667 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what I am reading out of most people is the same as saying "I just got a free house but OMG It is veige and not yellow, LETS YELL AT THE PEOPLE THAT GAVE IT TO US!!!!!"

They offered it to us for free, we accepted in peace. They broke our gift so it's only fair we burn them.:)
    Are you free?
This discussion has been closed.